• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Osorio

I don't like this video. Don't get me wrong, it is extremely well put together (especially the usage of the iconic monologue from Network), but it paints the players like hapless victims. Come the fuck on. Both sides are equal partners in putting their own greed before the game and the fans.

Plus the racism part was unnecessary and went against the message of the video.

Osorio

I always hear the city is on the verge of collapse...how the hell is it hanging on around so long then?

The city has lost over a million people in the last 60 years. I can't think of any other city in the world with even close to that population decline.

That said, I'll probably move there.

that video was incredibly well made but way too idealistic and ultimately pointless. Fans have zero power to do anything but stop spending their money on the sport, and that's just not gonna happen.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah they have a used worn Luongo going for 40% off. There is also a coupon for an extra 20% off if you purchase it before the season starts.

OnPoint

Can you still get homes for like $100 out in Detroit? I was thinking of buying a block or two.

There was a thread on here where a bunch of GAFfers were talking about buying a mansion up there and living in it. It would be pretty sweet if they actually did.

Acid08

Banned
I've been reading a lot more lately, finally reading through all of Lovecraft's stories.

Plus comic books, New 52 Batman is great. Invincible's 100th issue isn't too far and I can't wait!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I've been reading a lot more lately, finally reading through all of Lovecraft's stories.

Plus comic books, New 52 Batman is great. Invincible's 100th issue isn't too far and I can't wait!

I have been getting into Lovecraft as well thanks to Arkham Horror.

I'm trying to catch up on TV shows as well. Finally watching Deadwood. Love it!

Revenant

nod-of-approval.gif

I've been reading a bit more myself as well, but Palahniuk books.

EDIT:

STAMKOS SUMMER HIGHLIGHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9D9sAOWKP0&feature=player_embedded

don't spend it all in one place boys, this might be it for a long time.

Marvie_3

Banned
Watched Rango and blew$700 getting my shocks and brakes fixed.

Mechanics are legal robbers :(

This is why I take my car to a tech school when something needs fixing. I needed my timing belt and water pump replaced a couple years ago. Mechanic estimated it at ~$1500. Got it done at a tech school for less than $400.

Still iffy on the MP for 4, I detest what Bungie did with Reach and the stupid armor abilities, and from what I've seen from 343, it doesn't look to good. I'm much more of a fan of vanilla Halo, Halo 3 was the pinnacle in terms of Halo MP easily. However the campaign and spartan ops looks amazing!

Top Bottom