• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Revenant

You get away from my lady salthawk

emmastone-thumbsup1.gif

I'll be a gentleman.

:lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You should see the pics of rev's tits that get PM'd to me.
Rev only PM'd you pics? I got a free show on live using kinect.

sadly i don't have the biggest jugs on the team, that belongs to Red_Man for his neverending poutine addiction.
Moop should have the biggest tits, seeing as he only wears V-necks so he can show off all that cleavage.

This morning my first thought was "Leafs are rebuilding from the goaltending out, so once they cross that path then they'll worry about the rest of the roster".

I don't know why.

NHL thread of...

A Fehr Deal
No Fair Fehr
That's Fehr, Folks
A Fehr Affair
Fehr Play
Just For ReFehrence

What about the Fehrly obvious pun referencing class war between Millionaire vs Billionaire?

Also lol @ BizNasty last night. Reports that apparently only 4 Owners have been involved in CBA talks. 4.

You know what I love about NHL-Gaf? We don't have any bronies.

geeko420 is, y'know, the other Shorks fan.

HA

The best argument for being a Brony is "But the animation is so awesome and the humour is fantastic!"... And if that's the case, then I ask why Pound Puppies (same animation) and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends (funny as heck kids show) isn't getting the same attention?

People just don't like to admit that they love a show aiming at a demographic of little girls. If you're gonna do it, then be "proud" of it and don't make up reasons why (... Bronies are already loud and arrogant enough though).

Anyone else just hate the existence and idea of reddit? I mean there's some decent communities not populated by the normal reddit population (things like hockey and city subreddits) but for the most part its like getting a lobotomy overtime I visit.

Even more so than GAF

Get rid of the shitty default subreddits, like /gaming and /atheism and make them all stuff you like.

Revenant

g

Get rid of the shitty default subreddits, like /gaming and /atheism and make them all stuff you like.

Typical life of a reddit thread

DOES ANYONE HATE/LOVE/REMEMBER THIS (Conservative idea, Religious idea)/Neil Degrasse Tyson, Nathan Fillion, Valve, Bacon/ Obvious thing that everyone remembersr

Or

bad meme

followed by

upvoted bad pun
upvoted even worse pun
upvoted agonizing pun
upvoted for trying to make a pun

just awful

I don't like their lack of standards and morality. Free speech is one thing, but Reddit acts as if it'd be unconstitutional for them to have a little bit of standards and moderation here and there. Between the pedophile, dead kids and women abuse subreddits, it gets a bit creepy.

/mensrights! Libertarinism! Ron Paul 2012! Neil Degrassi High Tyson! CAAARL SAGAN! IMA Atheist AMA! TIL Wikipedia! Look at this little guy I picked up! Super Mario Bros art project! DAE the 90s???

DOES ANYONE HATE/LOVE/REMEMBER THIS (Conservative idea, Religious idea)/Neil Degrasse Tyson, Nathan Fillion, Valve, Bacon/ Obvious thing that everyone remembersr

Or

bad meme

followed by

upvoted bad pun
upvoted even worse pun
upvoted agonizing pun

just awful

God, fucking THIS.

It's why /circlejerk is one of my subscribed reddits.

Marvie_3

Banned

Or

bad meme

followed by

upvoted bad pun
upvoted even worse pun
upvoted agonizing pun

just awful
I've never even been to reddit but from your description it sounds like a lot of threads on GAF.

Revenant

That does help, but the general notion of people pitching about upvotes or karma and shit is so stupid

yup karma ruins that site, literally had someone in a class tell me "dammit I posted this story and the other one got all the upvotes, missed all the karma.

If i recall this was about dick clark dying.

Marvie_3

Banned
yup karma ruins that site, literally had someone in a class tell me "dammit I posted this story and the other one got all the upvotes, missed all the karma.

Dick Clark died? Had no idea. I was pretty sure he was immortal.

coyotes are first on that list, but writing an article about the coyotes doesn't seem very smart.

edit- well, i guess if we're comparing them to the Leafs there's no point in writing an article about any other hockey team ever. :p

Last reddit bash, but their 4chan subreddit literally consists of people posting screenshots of 4chan posts, then the comments are people calling each other "fags". The concept of it blows my mind when I think about it

Gotta love a good exploitation of somebodies death for a virtual currency with no value whatsoever.

Red_Man

Seeing as there's nothing else hockey in here, here's a good article on Subban and his brothers growing up :

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012...ey_helpers_montreal_canadiens_malcolm_jordan/

Subban said:
"The first car I purchased was for my father. I bought him a truck," Subban says. "I didn't want to see myself driving around in a nicer car than him. I wanted him to feel like he's accomplished a lot, too, which he has. He's put me in a great position."

"All three of us playing in the NHL is a product of us working hard. It's work ethic. This thing about people being gifted -- I believe people are (born) talented, but talent doesn't get you to the NHL," P.K. explained. "You look at the best players in the game -- Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr -- they didn't sit on the couch and then one day join the NHL. They worked on their game. Their talent was perseverance, dedication. Those are talents to me; that's what gets you to the NHL.

On Montreal :
Subban said:
"I see greatness in that organization every day when I go to the rink. I see opportunity. I see an opportunity to win, to bring a championship back to that team. That city is so hungry for another Stanley Cup. And when I look around the dressing room, I see a number of guys that can do it, that want to do it. And I think that my influence on that team can bring a Stanley Cup back to that city," P.K. says, his fervor for the topic rounding the back of the net and picking up steam. "Some guys get it early in their careers, some guys get it late in their careers, but I'm going to get it at some point. And I want to do it in that city because that's my favourite team. I grew up watching them. It's a personal thing. When I step on the ice, it's a feeling.

Subban and his brothers have also started a program to help kids across Canada who can't afford hockey equipment, and registration fees. /Classless. Really hope Bergevin, can get him signed soon.

Quick

Banned
I find it funny when hockey analysts talk about Subban. I feel like they're always one or two sentences away from saying, "it's because he's black." At least, that's what I find.

Red_Man

What an arrogant ass. He says he sees "some guys" who want to win. What a sly shot at some of his teammates!
*Cough* Kaberle and Gomez*Cough* Although Kaberle was at the biosteel camp this year with a bunch of other guys, hopefully he's in shape whenever the season starts.

Top Bottom