• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Heretic

Half-Hispanic GAF here!

puerto-rico-flag.gif

Woo!

Half Cuban Half Salvadorian

All American

Ooh-rah!

Times are tough at home when the US plays Mexico in any sport. This past victory in soccer was my World Cup. The look of pain and suffering in the eyes of my family was gold! Delicious tears were had. This is the only time that I will celebrate their pain and anger, and boy did I celebrate!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
22/m/vancouver,

Not even a permanent resident of Canada though, coming from a long, uninterrupted line of Swiss heritage with literally only 2 non-blood related people in my extended family not being swiss. Also, my beard is ginge, while my hair really isn't.

22/F/Ohio

Wait, for real? If yes, did you just never have a mic on for EASHL or what?

I think my main problem with bronies is the inability to accept you like something completely ridiculous. I love reading comic books. I still get why people judge me for it. They're made for kids and have a ridiculous premise. Doesn't mean they can't be entertaining, but I'm not about to (generally at least) start angrily defending them as high art to anyone who doesn't enjoy them.

O and 26/m/DC- really white... if anything Italian

Socreges

Banned
Bronies:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464686

About PonyGAF

PonyGAF is an enthusiastic group of NeoGAF members who have in common their appreciation for this show. It may seem strange to some that a bunch of grown-ups have taken so much after a show geared at young girls, but many different reasons have contributed to the birth of such an unconventional fandom in the midst of a larger community composed primarily of adult gamers. Reasons pointed out by the members of PonyGAF for liking MLP:FiM are:

- Great animation (specially considering it is made using Adobe Flash) and expressions for the characters.
- Excellent voice work.
- Extremely cute and (almost) universally appealing character designs.
- Amazing characterization for the cast, making for surprisingly endearing and relateable characters.
- Very competent writing, with simple but smart dialogue and storytelling that can be interesting even to grown-ups.
- Charming visual and verbal humor that is not based on violence, humiliation or rudeness.
- A quality of innocence that can disarm and soothe even the most jaded hearts - if they're willing to leave that door open.
- An intriguing surrounding universe with just the right amount of exposition, allowing fans to fill in the blanks.
- An emphasis on the virtues and perks of friendship, which is refreshing in a pop culture panorama where violence, cynicism and fierce competition seem to be the prevalent values.
- Great songs and background music.

And above all...

- The sheer rush from the absurdity and cognitive dissonance resulting from the realization that you're a full-grown adult person who is loving a show about magical ponies, geared primarily at young girls, and coming from a franchise with a 25-year history of lowest-common-denominator toy-store-shelf-filling plastic vapidness, and knowing that you are not alone in doing so.

Anyone else just hate the existence and idea of reddit? I mean there's some decent communities not populated by the normal reddit population (things like hockey and city subreddits) but for the most part its like getting a lobotomy overtime I visit.

Even more so than GAF

zedge is only into animal costumes

tommyhawk2.jpg

Anyone else just hate the existence and idea of reddit? I mean there's some decent communities not populated by the normal reddit population (things like hockey and like city subreddits) but for the most part its like getting a lobotomy overtime I visit.

Even more so than GAF

I don't like their lack of standards and morality. Free speech is one thing, but Reddit acts as if it'd be unconstitutional for them to have a little bit of standards and moderation here and there. Between the pedophile, dead kids and women abuse subreddits, it gets a bit creepy.

Alucard

Banned
NHL thread of Not Playing Fehr.

All is Fehr in glove and boards.
It's Fehr to say we Doan know.
Everybody onto the Fehrway.

Quick

Banned
Anyone else just hate the existence and idea of reddit? I mean there's some decent communities not populated by the normal reddit population (things like hockey and city subreddits) but for the most part its like getting a lobotomy overtime I visit.

Even more so than GAF

Hive mind, man. Hive mind.

Top Bottom