• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Osorio

While that Calgary guy has deeper pockets, Vanderbeek was a season ticket holder before becoming owner. His intentions are definitely keeping the Devils in the greatest country in the world.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
While that Calgary guy has deeper pockets, Vanderbeek was a season ticket holder before becoming owner. His intentions are definitely keeping the Devils in the greatest country in the world.

I'm never quite sure if you're misspelling county or really just want NJ to be their own country.

Smiley90

6 hours until hockey is back guys!
Virtual Hockey, the only hockey we'll get all year.

Osorio

I'm never quite sure if you're misspelling county or really just want NJ to be their own country.

11100564-large.jpg

I say country because it might as well be. I've traveled a lot and every time I mention I'm from New Jersey I always end up having to defend it for no reason.

Smiley90

11100564-large.jpg

I say country because it might as well be. I've traveled a lot and every time I mention I'm from New Jersey I always end up having to defend it for no reason.

I don't like ESPN polls, they used to be filled with so much optimism:

scaled.php

:(

If Ville Leino could get $4m+ on one 19 goals season and a decent playoff. Then Burrows can easily get $5m+ on four consecutive 25+ goals and an outstanding playoffs.

Stasis

NHL news is coming because the season will start soon!

Right? Right?! Right.

Yes.

Edit: Anyone buy EA's season pass thing? I hate giving them more money, but I wanna play all weekend before a busy week coming...

I pre-ordered it at a local store for a midnight release, but that doesn't impact anything does it? I can just do the season pass thing, DL the game, and then go pick up my real copy on Tuesday and enter the key to "upgrade" to retail?

If Ville Leino could get $4m+ on one 19 goals season and a decent playoff. Then Burrows can easily get $5m+ on four consecutive 25+ goals and an outstanding playoffs.

I'm banking on hometown discount and the fact that he's likely peaked. He'll likely get ridiculous offers though from other teams.

I'm banking on hometown discount and the fact that he's likely peaked. He'll likely get ridiculous offers though from other teams.
I'd be happy with $4.2m for 5 years. That's a good reasonable number and he gets his $20 million paycheque.

I think he'd consider going to Montreal, maybe. But I doubt they'd need him during their partial rebuild.

MacAttack

Bruins are going to have a tough time signing all their FA's next year.

Right now they are right up against the cap and next season they need to re-sign:

(Current Cap hit in parenthesis)
Seguin (3.5m)
Rask (3.5m)
Lucic (4.5m)
Horton (4.5m) (pending health but he is cleared to play this season, if there is one)

They will clear 5 mil with Thomas' contract expiring and will get 4 mil relief from Savard being on LTIR. Even if Horton doesn't resign it's going to be tight. The Krejci trade rumors will be in full swing again this season.

Smiley90

He'll get something between what Booth and Kesler are getting (so, between 4.25 and 5) with a hometown discount. If he wants more... Meh.

Marvie_3

Banned

Right now they are right up against the cap and next season they need to re-sign:

Seguin (3.5m)
Rask (3.5m)
Lucic (4.5m)
Horton (4.5m) (pending health but is cleared to play this season, if there is one)

They will clear 5 mil with Thomas' contract expiring and will get 4 mil relief from Savard being on LTIR. Even if Horton doesn't resign it's going to be tight. The Krejci trade rumors will be in full swing again this season.
Krejci would make a damn fine 2C in Chicago. :D

Chicago Steel are pretty awesome.
Using the moustachio'd avatar I see...

rs6c2.gif

Seguin (3.5m)
Rask (3.5m)
Lucic (4.5m)
Horton (4.5m) (pending health but he is cleared to play this season, if there is one)

You'll have to pay Seguin Eberle/Hall money at the bare minimum.

Top Bottom