• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

lupin23rd

Is he really slipping, or is it just the team with the top pick really needs a defenseman?

I think any other team it's still a consensus pick no?

Reading this you can tell just how far gone howsons mind is:

"Haggerty says that Boston was asked to part with two from the group of Tyler Seguin, Milan Lucic and prospect Dougie Hamilton, along with other prospects and draft picks."

dem

Columbus will take Murray(if available...), Galchenyuk, or Forsberg.

They want no part of a Russian.

Thus the Canadiens just won the day.

Solo

Could still be a trade though. Frankly, if Howson wants a team to bite on one of his ridiculous deals, the #2 pick might have to factor in somehow.

Acid08

Banned
Could still be a trade though. Frankly, if Howson wants a team to bite on one of his ridiculous deals, the #2 pick might have to factor in somehow.

Ya know I would definitely consider putting Couture in a package if the return was Nash+2nd overall. Draft Galy with the pick and we have our #2 center back!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Still no big trades, I want something to happen COME OOOON.

Yak HAS to go first, everyone passing on him is nuts. Trade down to get D later if you have to, but no way they're skipping yakz

@tsnjamesduthie: As it stands right now, CBJ doubtful Nash gets traded tonight. Feel market will heat up once Parise signs after July 1.

Remember when Columbus was going to wait till things "heat up" around the draft?

Solo

I'm guessing this will be the most watched draft since Crosby's. 4 Canadian teams in the Top 10 and Ottawa looking to join them.

Edmonton drafted RNH 1st overall in 2011 despite needing a defenceman (Larsson was the highest D-man drafted at #4).

I don't see them passing on Yakupov for Murray, unless Murray is top-pairing material.

steve-carell-no2xm2m.gif

Solo

Subban to Columbus for the 2nd pick. Draft Yaks and Gally. The Montreal Sting! The best defense is a good offense, amirite?!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Didn't think you could be more excited for the draft then I am, then I turned on TSN and saw this guy

fUc6u.jpg

Red_Man

"Buffalo GM Darcy Regier is working the Draft floor he spoke to Columbus and now Calgary he wants to make a move #NHL"

Stay the fuck away from that #2 pick Buffalo

Red_Man

I don't know how unusual this is, but as of right now Edmonton hasn't contacted Laranov, aka Yakupov and Galchenyuk's agent, and apparently only made a decision this morning.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Burke and Gillis are making out in the tunnel to the dressing rooms... Some reporter is suggesting trade talk but i am more inclined to think they are making out since nothing will come of it

Red_Man

Bobby Mack said unless something changes last minute, nothing has come close to make the Oil consider moving the 1st.

Merguson

Banned
Edmonton Oilers, at 1st overall, select Nail Yakupov.

Book it. This shit happens every year and the consensus top prospect goes 1st overall in the end.

dem

With the first pick the Edmonton Oilers are proud to select Chris Phillips.... er i mean Ryan Murray.

Top Bottom