• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Supposed Trevor Timmins (Habs drafter/whipping boy if he does this) third overall favorite, Teuvo, is only 17 too. In fact he's like a just week too old to be in the 2013 draft instesd of 2012.
Timmins spent some time with Filips family over in Europe, and honestly if Trevor thinks he's the BPA I can't criticize him, this guy has gotten us so many gems in the past years. I have full faith in him.

Dreger saying Rangers at the top of the list interested in Yandle.

The new "everybody wants to play for the leafs" is "the rangers are interested in everybody".

Solo

Timmins spent some time with Filips family over in Europe, and honestly if Trevor thinks he's the BPA I can't criticize him, this guy has gotten us so many gems in the past years. I have full faith in him.

I'm sorry, but my faith only goes so far. I remember David Fischer, even if no one else does. I remember AK over Carter/Richards/Getzlaf/Perry. Yes, he's also done lots of good (Price, Subban, Paciorettty, etc.).

Bottom line: if he drafts Teuvo at third he should be fired. Want Teuvo? Trade down to 8th or 9th. Staying at third? Yaks or Gally or GTFO.

Red_Man

Oh I agree, there's no way he does that though. If at 3 he feels Forsberg is the BPA then I'm fine with that, but no way he grabs Teuvo that early.

Solo

Oh I agree, there's no way he does that though. If at 3 he feels Forsberg is the BPA then I'm fine with that, but no way he grabs Teuvo that early.

You go with Forsberg if Yaks/Gally go 1/2.

But if EDM is likely taking Murray, if we don't end up with Yakupov or Galchenyuk, draft will be a complete bust for me.

Why would you want Thomas? He's said he still doesn't plan on playing next year....

People suspect he only said that to make it harder for the Bruins to trade him. i'd rather have Thomas for one year than Luongo. We already get blown out by the Bruins, having Luongo in net will only make that worse. Thomas is still a great goalie and a guy that steals games. He's been huge against us for years.

Also, to FJ talking about Teuvo and Yakupov being the same size. It's Teuvo weighing 160 pounds that has people calling him small.

For tonight, Galchenyuk/Forsberg/Grigorenko any of them would be awesome. Leafs need to draft Tom Wilson too, but Buffalo will probably pick him up with their second 1st rounder. Having Biggs and Wilson in the system would be amazing.

I could totally see the Oilers dropping down for Reinhart. The comparison for him seems to be Edler, but I don't see why he couldn't exceed those expectations. Stay at home guys never get fair treatment in the draft. Being big and being able to play a solid, physical positional game seems to be really undervalued.

Thank god Leighton is a UFA too this year. If he ever set foot on the ice in Philly again I don't know what reaction I would have.

How has there been no talk about Iginla? Calgary is fucking retarded.
Or Kippers for that matter. In a goalie market that dried up so goddamn quickly, he'd be worth his weight in draft picks.

But yes. Jay Feaster is a fat dumb fuck.

"EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE ZERO PROSPECTS IN OUR SYSTEM AND OUR TWO BEST PLAYERS MIGHT BE OLD ENOUGH TO DIE OF HEART ATTACKS AT ANY MOMENT, WE FEEL THAT THE CALGARY FLAMES WILL BE A TEAM THAT WILL COMPETE FOR 10TH IN THE WEST FOR THE NEXT DECADE."

Quick

Banned
I feel like the Flames organization still aren't over their Cup run in 04, and think they're still that same team that can make it deep into the playoffs.

Acid08

Banned
DW offered Clowe+Pavs+1st for Nash....thank god Howson is a fucking idiot and said no to that deal. That is an absolutely retarded offer.

dem

Dustin Nielson ‏@nielson1260
Heard from other people so decided to ask a few scouts I know for their opinion. 4 of 5 scouts I asked said Klefbom is better than Murray

WHAT IS GOING ON!??

MY HEAD

GAHH

Rick Nash....THE DECISION

THE QUIZ:

Who will be traded from Columbus?

A) Rick Nash C) Rick Nash
B) Rick Nash B) Rick Nash

McGuire: Oh I'm going to go with B, Rick Nash for sure. He's got the skills, he's got the hands, and he's got the body to really make a difference for a number of NHL clubs.

WHAT IS GOING ON!??

MY HEAD

GAHH

I've read that Murray won't be as good as people think he is, and taking him #1,#2 overall is a big mistake.

He was a disaster in the WJC too.

THE QUIZ:

Who will be traded from Columbus?

A) Rick Nash C) Rick Nash
B) Rick Nash B) Rick Nash

I think there will be a really awkward Rick Nash showing up for the Blue Jackets training camp for next season, still wearing the C as well.

Acid08

Banned
Dumbass Howson still wants Couture.

Pavelski+Clowe is most likely 50+ goals. Pavs plays PK, PP, and the hardest even strength minutes incredibly well and Clowe is crazy enough to play the puck from the bench and Howson still said no! I'm honestly elated that he said no, holy shit.

Pavelski+Clowe is most likely 50+ goals. Pavs plays PK, PP, and the hardest even strength minutes incredibly well and Clowe is crazy enough to play the puck from the bench and Howson still said no! I'm honestly elated that he said no, holy shit.

Aren't Pavelski and Clowe fairly close to free agency ? Because there's no way they'll resign with Columbus. Howson probably wants someone who is still restricted and they can control.

Red_Man

DW offered Clowe+Pavs+1st for Nash....thank god Howson is a fucking idiot and said no to that deal. That is an absolutely retarded offer.
Wow....that is a great package, Shark fans should be elated he didn't take that and that Howson has mild retardation. Doubt he gets offered a package better then that.

Acid08

Banned
Aren't Pavelski and Clowe fairly close to free agency ? Because there's no way they'll resign with Columbus. Howson probably wants someone who is still restricted and they can control.

Clowe is signed until 2013, Pavs is signed until 2014.

That offer doesn't bode well for our offseason though. DW is just as dumb as Howson for even offering that package.

It's funny that each team has an ender-ender that could end things immiedatley and have Howson cumming in his pants. What's even funnier is that in no way shape or form is he getting that player from any team. 6 months and nothings changed - TAKE THE HINT!

JABEE

Wow....that is a great package, Shark fans should be elated he didn't take that and that Howson has mild retardation. Doubt he gets offered a package better then that.

He'll probably take Shelley, Walker and next year's first in exchange for Nash and Columbus's 2nd overall pick.

Red_Man

Murray by a clear margin RT @dcolvil: @coreypronman Sorry if this is a repeat but Murray or Klefbom

This guy is a scout who talks a lot of prospect / draft stuff on twitter, I think it's stupid to say Murray isn't a top 5 guy in most drafts.

Quick

Banned
Howson is going to trade Nash. He can't let this drag on into the season.

But he can let it drag through the off-season. I don't think it'll happen tonight, though. But I'd be happy just to finally get it all over with.

I'm with Entropia: it's probably going to be anti-climactic.

I wonder which will happen sooner, Rick Nash getting traded or the Coyotes moving.

With the 27th pick I would like to take this opportunity to announce that the Phoenix Coyotes have traded their lease and Keith Yandle to the Blue Jackets for Rick Nash and the opportunity to move to Quebec.

Top Bottom