• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm having more fun with all the rumours about where Nash is going.

800% when he finally does get moved it will be anti-climatic.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
5583.gif

What? I don't even...

That doesn't make the least bit of sense.

That said, I'm surprised Eklund didn't end that with, "Toronto picking up interest!"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lol what farm? We have one of the worst prospect pools in the League. Pretty much all career 4th liners or backup goalies. Hamilton is gonna turn out good though.

It's a figure of speech. It is equivalent to giving up all your talent. It has nothing to do with your farm system.

Silexx

It doesn't matter, this is why he got an NMC, to prevent being traded to places like Columbus. He's got his family here and everything.

On that point, I would agree, but I don't he would necessarily nix a deal to a non-playoff team just because he wants to be in the post-season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lol Subbans not going anywhere, Bergevin is probably putting some bait out there for the 1% chance someone offers an unbelievable deal. It's just good management, but that being said it would take too much to move Subban. Future face of the franchise along Price. Anyone who seriously thinks they would move Subban and our #3 pick for #1 when Yakupov could already fall to 3 needs to get their head checked out.

Merguson

Banned
Lol Subbans not going anywhere, Bergevin is probably putting some bait out there for the 1% chance someone offers an unbelievable deal. It's just good management, but that being said it would take too much to move Subban. Future face of the franchise along Price. Anyone who seriously thinks they would move Subban and our #3 pick for #1 when Yakupov could already fall to 3 needs to get their head checked out.

I just noticed something.. Montreal filed for arbitration with Price to avoid offer sheets.. why didn't they do the same for P.K. Subban? Unless I missed the news?

Red_Man

I just noticed something.. Montreal filed for arbitration with Price to avoid offer sheets.. why didn't they do the same for P.K. Subban? Unless I missed the news?
Not sure actually, I've been focusing on the draft so much this past week. If they move him for fucking smid and 32nd pick I will burn my house down.

Guy from the 4th Period who is a pretty reliable guy and doesn't speculate on much :

"If Yakupov somehow falls to 3 and it's lining up more that way with every passing minute, Habs will not pass on him."

It will be pretty crazy if he actually does fall to 3.

Silexx

Lol did someone just fall for Darren dregger fake twitter account again?

Yeah, I read it from a guy on HF who believed. Worse is that I follow Dreger on Twitter, but my feed doesn't always update as it should, so I got carried away, but after force updating it a couple of times, I realized I been had.

Red_Man

The ONLY way I would be remotely happy with Bergevin moving Subban is if it somehow ended up with us having both Galchenyuk and Yakupov, but even still I would be a bit upset with that.

dem

Igor Larionov just said "Edmonton doesn't talk to me I don't talk to them," when we asked him to come on the show...Interesting. Seemed mad.

Have fun with Yakupov, Hab fans.

The Oilers are an embarrassment

Red_Man

"Not happening. Asked a high ranking member of the Habs org about rumour, his response was "What a joke.""

This was the response of a guy who's really close to Timmins when he inquired about the Subban rumor. Good stuff.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah, I read it from a guy on HF who believed. Worse is that I follow Dreger on Twitter, but my feed doesn't always update as it should, so I got carried away, but after force updating it a couple of times, I realized I been had.

If you can... Use the mobile twitter, phone # 21212, get updates on the fly :)

dem

How can a player who has been the consensus #1 for 2 straight years slip?

This is mind boggling.

I hate the world.

Top Bottom