• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Burke said he had Reilly in front of Yakupov..... l o fucking l if true. It's probably bullshit though.

Why do GMs hate Forsberg?
Scout I follow on twitter was asked this, and said he's talked to a few scouts who aren't convinced he has high offensive upside.

Alucard

Banned
Kind of weird that the Pens didn't take a forward. They've got Despres waiting in the wings already. Did they need another puck-moving dman? Hope this guy pans out.

Parise. Pens are in you?

Turns out that Lindholm is actually just Julian Assange, I knew they would want to help him get to Ecuador!

qJFl4.jpg

bxMpD.jpg

calder

Someone hold me

My god if forsberg is a 40-50 pt guy (optimistic, obviously) in the NHL in 3 years and trouba is still a few years away this is gonna sting.

Trouba seems like a good kid anyway. Gimme a few more minutes to come around

Seguin

Banned
I bet if the Jets were still the Trashers then Subban would've gotten picked 9th

Someone hold me

My god if forsberg is a 40-50 pt guy in the NHL in 3 years and trouba is still a few years away this is gonna sting.

Don't worry he'll be a solid defensive d-man in 8 years

Montresor

:(

We have Gardiner and WERE in on Schultz...but unless we can get him and guarantee good minutes...? I think we're out of it.

That's the thing, I was thinking we WERE in on him and we could focus on forwards

I said it awhile ago but fuck Schultz. Whoever is getting him probably tampered and will get hit by the Ducks. Whoever signs him I hope it's not the Leafs. If Rielly becomes a stud D, then the pick is excellent.

But guess what, the Leafs internal rankings are what made the Leafs defensive core weak as it is today.

Regardless of their past success, I still think they shouldn't draft based on positional need.

Red_Man

A team outside of the top 10 will get one of 2 top 5 picks, both who've been ranked 2nd overall at some point this season. Pure Madness. Some teams are making big mistakes with all these Dmen picks.

Solo

Most entertaining draft I've ever watched, I think. Most fun I've had watching something hockey-related since about November :lol

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I said it awhile ago but fuck Schultz. Whoever is getting him probably tampered and will get hit by the Ducks. Whoever signs him I hope it's not the Leafs. If Rielly becomes a stud D, then the pick is excellent.

Regardless of their past success, I still think they shouldn't draft based on positional need.

I don't think he was a bad pick.

Twitter rumor right now is Flyers and Caps GMs are talking on the floor in an attempt by the Flyers to get the 11th spot. Not quite sure who would be involved. Oy. I'm nervous.

Red_Man

Most entertaining draft I've ever watched, I think. Most fun I've had watching something hockey-related since about November :lol
This draft so far has been more entertaining for me then rounds 2-4 of the playoffs combined.

purg3

slept with Malkin
FUCKING HELL, JUST GOT HOME AND STAAL IS GONE. DUDE WAS MY FAVORITE PLAYER ON THE TEAM. FUCKING BULLSHIT,UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

HAVE FUN WASTING AWAY IN CAROLINA YOU FUCK.

WTF AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY STAAL JERSEY NOW?

/cries

Top Bottom