• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hawks are wild this year. 8th place should just give up.
People said the same thing about the Caps in 2010. I think the Hawks will steam roll through the playoffs, but it's hard to surprise me anymore after that year.

Acid08

Banned
People said the same thing about the Caps in 2010. I think the Hawks will steam roll through the playoffs, but it's hard to surprise me anymore after that year.
That's true. Anything is possible, every series will be a battle.

Except whoever plays a Southeast team.

ZeroGravity

And Oveckin has tied Stamkos. Fucking deserves it too. Never thought I'd see the day where he actually gives more of a shit than Stamkos.

Fei

For the season:

Sabres PPGs - 17
Sabres SHGA - 7

That spread is just nasty. The median is something like +20.

In other words, our PP is an abject failure for the season and a large reason we'll miss the playoffs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
wow sens you had one job

Foolish mortal. We haven't made the playoffs in forever. You should not be sitting there high upon a throne trying to decide which playoff position you want.

We just get in, don't care who we play.

Red_Man

I'm pretty neutral towards the Sabres but if they named Ott their captain I would instantly hate them.

Samyy

Foolish mortal. We haven't made the playoffs in forever. You should not be sitting there high upon a throne trying to decide which playoff position you want.

We just get in, don't care who we play.

I guess I just dont remember since I was too young to care about the playoffs (that well) last time, im sure it isn't that special right??

Montresor

I was in grade 12 when the Leafs were eliminated in the 2nd round by Jeremy Roenick's snipe back in 2004. Fuck him. I remember the first class the next morning was English in one of the school portables. Everyone in the class was depressed, and the teacher told everyone to suck it up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I guess I just dont remember since I was too young to care about the playoffs (that well) last time, im sure it isn't that special right??

It's a wonderous time.

The entire city has a different feel to it. People strut around all happy. All bars are tuned in to the same game. Leafs dominate the radio and TV more so then they do now.

There are tiny Maple Leafs flags on every car and when they actually win a game people celebrate on Yonge St.

So much joy, so long ago. I was a much younger lad back then.

It's a wonderous time.

The entire city has a different feel to it. People strut around all happy. All bars are tuned in to the same game. Leafs dominate the radio and TV more so then they do now.

There are tiny Maple Leafs flags on every car and when they actually win a game people celebrate on Yonge St.

its been that long huh, a montreal/toronto playoffs should rekindle the rivalry

Samyy

Goddamit, the start of the playoffs would be right when I end exams, DO IT LEAFS, LET ME DRINK (at a bar for the first time because I probably wouldnt go otherwise).

It's a wonderous time.

Yea, but now we have smartphones and twitter and gas is 1.35

Acid08

Banned
He doesn't even want to acknowledge it.
I actually did. A shootout win, so happy for you guys on your drive for 9th.

Your fifth season in a row without playoffs, must feel great. You've been watching hockey for 10 minutes though, so what do you know.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yea, but now we have smartphones and twitter and gas is 1.35

Wooo!

Actually now that I think about it the last time I went flagging I am pretty sure you were there.

It was whatever the first game was that the Leafs beat the Hurricanes in the conference finals.

kingslunk

I actually did. A shootout win, so happy for you guys on your drive for 9th.

Your fifth season in a row without playoffs, must feel great. You've been watching hockey for 10 minutes though, so what do you know.

I've been watching sports in general as long as I can remember. And I wouldn't count anything out...

Also let's not forget we came back twice from 2 goal deficits. Not only that but we should a dying team.

Red_Man

I hope the Devils miss the playoffs, fuck them. I also hope we play Rangers in the first round seeing as Carey destroys them in the BC.

Acid08

Banned
I've been watching sports in general as long as I can remember. And I wouldn't count anything out...

Also let's not forget we came back twice from 2 goal deficits. Not only that but we should a dying team.
Yeah you could sneak into 8th and get swept by the Blackhawks.

And yeah it was absolutely pathetic that we let two leads slip away. Not making any excuses for the Sharks.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So refresh my memory as it's bene so long how does the magic number work?

Any combination of Leafs wins + a combination of losses by whatever team makes that number shrink?

Or is it just Leafs wins?

We don't know the actual magc number until closer to clinching, too many variables

Right now if we get 13 points we clinch

Remember the last time we used it there wasn't shootouts or loser points

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We don't know the actual magc number until closer to clinching, too many variables

Right now if we get 13 points we clinch

Remember the last time we used it there wasn't shootouts or loser points

Gotcha so then back to my "make it to 54 points and that should be enough to do it"

4 more wins baby!

CCF23

Barring something weird happening, looks like the Canucks possible first round opponents are down to the Kings, Sharks, Wild, or Blues.

Outside chance at the Red Wings, but at this point it seems unlikely they finish 6th or higher and with the Canucks a likely 3-6 seed it seems like one of the 4 I listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom