• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakeh111

Question-

Are there any rules prohibiting the size/weight of a goalie? Could a team sign a really fat person, like 600+ lbs as a goalie and they could just plop right in front of the goal and prevent any pucks from getting through? I've always wondered by nobody tried this.

There was a show on ESPN that would answer these questions and had one on this question. They used an NHL enforcer and a huge fat guy in goalie gear and still the guy could score off him with ease

I've wondered this but I think the consensus was that such a player would die from a combination of his unhealthy weight and the extreme perspiration/dehydration - you have to wear tons of heavy, protective equipment as a goalie.

No way, sumo wrestlers need to exert more energy fighting then sitting in front of a goal.

Gear size and the fact they can't move laterally. There will always be a space big enough for the puck to get through, no matter how fat the goalie is.

Where's that video of George Parros and the sumo goalie?

found it- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP8ZVWiZUMA

I guess I was overestimating how much space a 600lb guy would take up in front of a goal. Reflexes are clearly much more important then size.

Revenant

No way, sumo wrestlers need to exert more energy fighting then sitting in front of a goal.

found it- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP8ZVWiZUMA

I guess I was overestimating how much space a 600lb guy would take up in front of a goal. Reflexes are clearly much more important then size.

yup, size in terms of height helps, but even then reflexes and athleticism are more important.

fuck you, cunt

YIBiE8F.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol repost that shit for the new page Desi, looks like a standard night for Zedge.

Acid08

Banned
Nice shots!

Too bad you couldn't get one of Gutless's super lazy back checking :(

Also Burns' beard is back in full force.

Bad Boys Bail Bonds shirts behind the bench like always....

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I never posted the pics I took from the Habs /Canes game, I didn't take too many but this was the best one. I was hoping to get a close one of Gally or Subban but they weren't coming close to my side of the ice.

z57RT6N.jpg

Spl1nter

Those are really nice pictures.

Chicago and Pitt have already clinched there playoff spots damn. Everything will be a lot clearer by the end of the week. Some teams have just gone full on tank mode. None more so than Carolina L10: 1-81. Buffalo is full on anti-tank lol.

RC

Banned
I made a collage of every After Hours pic I put up thus far. It's like staring into the face of madness.

MacAttack

I've been sober for a week now. Feeling weirdly melancholy. Low energy.

How's your diet? Maybe you need to change up what you're eating.

Im not a doctor, but I know someone who is:
DrRecchi.jpg

I love seeing pics from different stadiums, even the lame Montreal ones. Nice photos, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom