• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Barring something weird happening, looks like the Canucks possible first round opponents are down to the Kings, Sharks, Wild, or Blues.

Outside chance at the Red Wings, but at this point it seems unlikely they finish 6th or higher and with the Canucks a likely 3-6 seed it seems like one of the 4 I listed.
When is Kesler expected back?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What?

Help

You don't know what happened with zedge, and why we keep making fun of him? :lol That was a glorious day.

Subscribe to NHL-Gaf, then you just click on subscribed threads and avoid the furry thread altogether

this guy knows what's up. I hardly ever even BROWSE the OT, not to mention gaming side. Subscriptions only.

When is Kesler expected back?

Next week, hopefully...

You don't know what happened with zedge, and why we keep making fun of him? :lol That was a glorious day.

this guy knows what's up. I hardly ever even BROWSE the OT, not to mention gaming side. Subscriptions only.

Next week, hopefully...

In my case I hate having to find threads and never visit the community forums

I miss the days of pinned sports threads at the top of the OT :(

Smiley90

Negative. This is the first thread I've consistently posted in here.

On a side note I broke up with my girlfriend :lol

He "accidentally" posted in the furry-gaf thread about the NHL because he couldn't find the OT :lol

Is that good news or bad news?

In my case I hate having to find threads and never visit the community forums

I miss the days of pinned sports threads at the top of the OT :(

I sub as soon as I find an OT I like, and I don't usually post in the "daily" threads anyway.

phoenix gaf seems kind of lonely.

Because of GM Connected I keep thinking you're a Phoenix fan

Smiley90

You have to forgive him, he's still young. He also doesn't even know positions, so you can't expect him to know teams, really.

Haha was he drunk or something.

It's good news I think, did you guys do your meetup yesterday?

We're still not sure what he was thinking :lol.

And no, we pulled a Vancouver and postponed it for a proper OT that nobody will ever make.

He "accidentally" posted in the furry-gaf thread about the NHL because he couldn't find the OT :lol

Is that good news or bad news?

I sub as soon as I find an OT I like, and I don't usually post in the "daily" threads anyway.

Because of GM Connected I keep thinking you're a Phoenix fan

hell no.

kingslunk

You have to forgive him, he's still young. He also doesn't even know positions, so you can't expect him to know teams, really.

And no, we pulled a Vancouver and postponed it for a proper OT that nobody will ever make.

I know positions, and teams. I assume the rangers upset the blackhawks at one point?

Bunch of local media outlets are finally tearing the avs apart. No more tiptoeing around the bullshit that goes on. If nothing goes on during the off season I can pretty much guarantee that our attendance will continue to plummet and we'll either have to sell or die. It'd be one thing if management and ownership were actually trying to fix things and we were still failing, this is just neglect from the highest levels downward.

I'm on lunch break at the first day of my new job, so I won't be posting here much during games anymore.

Just wanted to say the Kings suck and Ducks rule.

Thanks in advance.

You're barely any older than me smelly

Could have sworn there was someone who was 19 too.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
With every win Leafs-GAF I assume gets closer to more "life longs" and "die hards" showing up in time for the start of the hopeful playoff run.

Smiley90

Goddamit, the start of the playoffs would be right when I end exams, DO IT LEAFS, LET ME DRINK (at a bar for the first time because I probably wouldnt go otherwise).

You're barely any older than me smelly

Could have sworn there was someone who was 19 too.

That guy seems like he shouldn't be much older than 19. Wasn't apocal younger than you, too? I'm not sure.

And then there's always Cakeboss.

Question-

Are there any rules prohibiting the size/weight of a goalie? Could a team sign a really fat person, like 600+ lbs as a goalie and they could just plop right in front of the goal and prevent any pucks from getting through? I've always wondered by nobody tried this.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Question-

Are there any rules prohibiting the size/weight of a goalie? Could a team sign a really fat person, like 600+ lbs as a goalie and they could just plop right in front of the goal and prevent any pucks from getting through? I've always wondered by nobody tried this.
I've always wondered this about soccer too

Acid08

Banned
Question-

How many fucking times -_-

kingslunk

How many fucking times -_-

image.php

Montresor

Question-

I've wondered this but I think the consensus was that such a player would die from a combination of his unhealthy weight and the extreme perspiration/dehydration - you have to wear tons of heavy, protective equipment as a goalie.

Question-

Gear size and the fact they can't move laterally. There will always be a space big enough for the puck to get through, no matter how fat the goalie is.

Where's that video of George Parros and the sumo goalie?

Question-

They could try it but pucks are still going to be going through. These are NHL players who can pick the tiniest of spots on the net, I'm sure they'll have no issue on an overweight player who can't properly lift up their blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom