• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

If the Pens have clinched with 58 points, Habs must clinch after their next win, or a win and a tie at most. Nice!

CrankyJay

Banned
KY6bBA0.png

The Capitals, unlike the teams ahead of them and also immediately behind them in the standings, have the luxury of playing Carolina, Florida, Tampa Bay, and Winnipeg four and five times this season. Their record against those teams, including last night's result against the Lightning, is 12-3-0. That should tell you everything you need to know about how fraudulently this division title is going to be won by whichever team backs into it least-hard: The Caps' record against teams outside the Southeast is a brutal 8-14-2.

It doesn't really seem fair that, simply on the basis of geography, a team that actually deserved to win home ice by racking up a large number of points against teams that wouldn't struggle against middle-of-the-pack AHL sides won't be able to do so. People talk an awful lot about how the Maple Leafs aren't even that good, and they're probably not wrong, but they have 46 points playing in the only division in hockey with two 50-point teams. This is far more of an accomplishment than leading the only one with three teams at 34 or below. And only doing it by six points.

Leafs > Caps

source

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Was at the Isles/TB game on Saturday. Biggest crowd I've seen all year, including the home opener.

And theyre advertising the playoff push stuff. Starting to believe....

Was at the Isles/TB game on Saturday. Biggest crowd I've seen all year, including the home opener.

And theyre advertising the playoff push stuff. Starting to believe....

Man you guys better take care of business on Tuesday. The loss to the Jets knocked the Flyers down to 12th, and hopefully they can still fall farther before the season is over.

Even though the Bruins lost on Saturday, being at the game was pretty fun. Had some good-natured back and forth with some Habs fans.

Chris Kelly's going to be in the lineup tonight, so there's something.

Silexx

Dan Séguin (@SeguinSports) tweeted at 11:35 AM on Mon, Apr 08, 2013:
BREAKING: Erik Karlsson back on the ice! Exclusive footage on CBC News at 5, 5:30 and 6.

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!

Sanjuro

Wow, rough.

I assume that was known earlier, but I was out of the loop yesterday

I haven't heard the news. Was at the pub watching the game when he went down, looked like a worst case scenario right from the get-go. The impact there was incredible.

Solo

Wow, rough.

I assume that was known earlier, but I was out of the loop yesterday

Terrible news, especially going into the playoffs. Looks like we'll be rolling a rookie D-man on our playoff roster :/ Either Tinordi or Beaulieu

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
with some positive Habs news, it sounds like Bourque will be back tomorrow. Weird when players are out for so long. Hopefully Diaz will be back soon as well.

Solo

find me a mech eng job in montreal

im bilingual

Man, you should be able to walk into one with ease. I want to be in Montreal, but not being bilingual kills that dead in the water. So I'm relegated to Anglo-Canadian locales.

TUSR

Banned
Man, you should be able to walk into one with ease. I want to be in Montreal, but not being bilingual kills that dead in the water. So I'm relegated to Anglo-Canadian locales.

Rosetta Stone->Video Games->Books

but who really plays video games here, English or French sub-titles with movies is good to replace that

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Shitty news about Emelin. Cherry was trying to say Lucic kneed him there on purpose for some reason, just an unfortunate hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom