• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you should be able to walk into one with ease. I want to be in Montreal, but not being bilingual kills that dead in the water. So I'm relegated to Anglo-Canadian locales.

Come to Kanata; the job market might be shit, but you get the cheapest Habs home games in the country.

Cake Boss

Banned
BHVpvyDCIAEdvQl.jpg:large

iWArYTUWk4qL9.gif

fallout

Thanks to Calder for inviting me to the Jets game on Saturday. It almost wasn't completely awkward either, which was good. Although, it does make me feel a little bad, given that I'm the one with season tickets.

Steve Mason signed a 1 year deal at $1.5 million.
He looked good in that 3rd period against the Jets. Probably should have started him instead of Bryz.

Kesler skating with Kassian and Raymond. Ballard also on the ice. No Tanev.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Sestito-Lapierre-Weise
Ebbett

Hamhuis-Garrison
Edler-Bieksa
Ballard-Alberts
Barker

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Jaskin is heading directly to STL as soon as the immigration paperwork gets sorted out.

If we can a true #1 C over the summer...hng.

Jaskin C Tarasenko

Didn't see the number. That's great! Dump Briere and Bryz and we'll be like 13m under for next season with Pronger's LTIR.

Just waiting for the #1 D-man to hit the market...

#1 d men in their prime hit free agency ever year, right?
Thanks to Calder for inviting me to the Jets game on Saturday. It almost wasn't completely awkward either, which was good. Although, it does make me feel a little bad, given that I'm the one with season tickets.

He looked good in that 3rd period against the Jets. Probably should have started him instead of Bryz.

Mason really did look good even though he only faced 9 shots. His lateral movement seemed much better then Bryz's and he didnt duck under any pucks, which is a big plus.

Keslord

Banned
TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040 2m
RT @farhanlaljitsn: Kesler likely playing tonight. "Possible, that's what it looks like". #canucks

Elliott Pap ‏@ElliottPap 2m
Kesler will play

NHL on TSN ‏@NHLonTSN 1m
Ryan Kesler is playing tonight - centering Raymond and Kassian, per @FarhanLaljiTSN #TSN #NHL

MY BODY IS READY

Curufinwe

Mason really did look good even though he only faced 9 shots. His lateral movement seemed much better then Bryz's and he didnt duck under any pucks, which is a big plus.

And his right hand shot was more accurate than Giroux's in that third period against the Jets.

It will be nice to have a goalie who can really handle the puck.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040 2m
RT @farhanlaljitsn: Kesler likely playing tonight. "Possible, that's what it looks like". #canucks

Kesler will play

NHL on TSN ‏@NHLonTSN 1m
Ryan Kesler is playing tonight - centering Raymond and Kassian, per @FarhanLaljiTSN #TSN #NHL

MY BODY IS READY

ALL THIS SUDDEN CENTRE DEPTH. Going from 1 top9 C to 3 within a week feels fantastic. We just need Tanev back to get Barker off our D and then I'm perfectly fine with our lineup.

Merguson

Banned
TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040 2m

Kesler will play

NHL on TSN ‏@NHLonTSN 1m

MY BODY IS READY

I predict he'll be hurt again after this game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow, rough.

I assume that was known earlier, but I was out of the loop yesterday
Sucks to hear, he was our most physical D man. Time for one of the kids to step up with Beaulieu getting the first chance. Bourque being back is huge, I like Prust with Gally and Eller, but Bourque has more skill and finish.

calder

Thanks to Calder for inviting me to the Jets game on Saturday. It almost wasn't completely awkward either, which was good.

It was fun and not at all awkward until I put my hand on your knee in the second period and you texted that anonymous fan complaint number. :| I said I was excited by the 4 goal outburst!

But if there are any playoffs or meaningful late-season games to watch I'd be down for a GAF-WPG bar viewing. It would be a smallish group (Erdrick? I feel like there's one or two more) but could be good times. If nothing else Jets-GAF could get a head start on determining our most intense post realignment rivalries.

And his right hand shot was more accurate than Giroux's in that third period against the Jets.

It will be nice to have a goalie who can really handle the puck.

When he fired the puck out of the zone I joked with my buddies that I didnt know goalies were allowed to do that. Bryz is always such an adventure with the puck.

Solo

Not possible to say that. Think he could surprise us this year

It's easy to say that. Kesler in that series was playing above his head and its in no way indicative of his overall body of work. If that were true, then Mike Cammalleri would be on the Sidney Crosby level after the 2010 playoffs.

CCF23

We don't even need Kesler to be that guy. Obviously, it would be fantastic, but if he returns to something like 30 goal scorer form while playing a two way game then he's still invaluable.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's easy to say that. Kesler in that series was playing above his head and its in no way indicative of his overall body of work. If that were true, then Mike Cammalleri would be on the Sidney Crosby level after the 2010 playoffs.

No doubt. It sure was entertaining seeing a player single-handedly dismantle a team during an entire series though.

Solo

No doubt. It sure was entertaining seeing a player single-handedly dismantle a team during an entire series though.

As someone who witnessed it a year before with Cammy, I agree. There is nothing quite like when a player just beasts in the playoffs.

I feel like Kesler will be huge next year after he comes back from Sochi. His game always makes a huge leap after playing for Team USA.

CCF23

Realistically, if Kesler can stay healthy he's probably somewhere in between the 70-75 point seasons he's had and the 50ish point seasons.

Likely a 25-30 goal, 60-70 point guy. All depends on health, though, and he's shown an inability to stay healthy.

It's the type of game he plays. Kesler plays a big bruising game that would take its toll on anyone's body.

He finishes checks hard, he crashes the net, he blocks shots. He seriously needs to consider tweaking his game a bit if he wants to have a decently long career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom