• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 2m
Alfredsson has been texting with Erik Karlsson regularly and knew that his plan was to start skating and try and come back this season.

hnnnnnnnnnggg

iglabO30un9vM.gif

Megasoum

Banned
real talk, wickenheiser wouldn't even be a 4th liner

Yeah probably, the comment was more about racing drivers (especially F1) not being athletes. Added the other line in the heat of the moment, could have used more fact checking I guess. Anyway...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah its a dream for a playoff team that suddenly gets its top 5 players back for the playoffs to come out of east.
Going for 5/5 on major injures and hoping they're at 100% and can go on a cup run is a bit of a dream yes

Even with all of them healthy I'd say there are 7 teams (Pittsburgh, Boston, Montreal, Chicago, Anaheim, Vancouver, LA) that would be favourites over the Sens.

I'd take the Sens at full strength over Pittsburgh (in its current state), Vancouver or LA if it came down to it.

Playoff hockey is an entirely different beast.

Keslord

Banned
Senators are pretty much the scariest non-Chicago or Boston team in the playoffs to me if Karlsson is back. I'm thinking Senators win the cup this year. Or the Columbus Bobrovskies

CCF23

Senators are pretty much the scariest non-Chicago or Boston team in the playoffs to me if Karlsson is back. I'm thinking Senators win the cup this year. Or the Columbus Bobrovskies

I just don't see it. They're a good team, for sure, but I don't see the scoring, even when guys like Karlsson, Spezza, and Michalek are healthy and playing.

They have a fantastic system and goaltending, but somewhere along the line their lack of scoring is going to bite them.

I just don't see it. They're a good team, for sure, but I don't see the scoring, even when guys like Karlsson, Spezza, and Michalek are healthy and playing.

They have a fantastic system and goaltending, but somewhere along the line their lack of scoring is going to bite them.

We were 4th overall in GF last year.

Keslord

Banned

Their offense is great when healthy

...and we were 4th on the power play last year. Welcome to this year, where your team can't score and mine sucks on the PP.

... And I don't think you're taking into account who we've lost to injuries and who's been scoring in their absence(who wasn't there last year).

Cake Boss

Banned
...and we were 4th on the power play last year. Welcome to this year, where your team can't score and mine sucks on the PP.

wut?

You ever thought maybe we cant score because our top 3 offensive players have been out for most of the season?

Spezza 84 points 34 goals
Karlsson 78 points 19 goals
Michalek 60 points 35 goals

The first 6 games when everyone was healthy, we were 5-1-1 and averaging 3.2 goals per game. Small sample size I know.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lolwut. Wait you're the "Canucks are dark horses this year" guy right? Carry on then.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna miss tonight's game again. Wrestlemania weekend finally coming to a close. Will be good to be back in the Garden for some hockey on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom