• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Call me crazy but depending how matchups go I expect a northBEAST team to make it out of the east to the Cup finals.

Yes please. Although I'd rather see them miss the playoffs altogether. The meltdowns would be so good.

meltdowns from...crazed? that won't surprise anyone.

otherwise? it's mostly fans of other teams that are making such a big deal about the wings potentially missing the playoffs. i guess that's expected when they've been the most successful team over the last 2 decades.

Yes please. Although I'd rather see them miss the playoffs altogether. The meltdowns would be so good.

If we at least make the playoffs, I expect a quick death in 4.

otherwise? it's mostly fans of other teams that are making such a big deal about the wings potentially missing the playoffs. i guess that's expected when they've been the most successful team over the last 2 decades.

I would avoid this thread like the plague, so probably no meltdowns on here.

Marvie_3

Banned

nice job assuming the only wings fans i know are on gaf, chief.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
No fuck you Crazed. If the Wings miss the playoffs you show up here and take your lumps like a man!

You have no excuse as I am now calling you out as a member of Leafs-GAF who has been here since 2005 and has not yet experienced playoffs with you bros.

Cake Boss

Banned
steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve 4m
Some Ovechkin perspective: Only 4 of his 25 goals have been scored against teams currently in playoff spots. 14 scored vs weak SE division.

No fuck you Crazed. If the Wings miss the playoffs you show up here and take your lumps like a man!

You have no excuse as I am now calling you out as a member of Leafs-GAF who has been here since 2005 and has not yet experienced playoffs with you bros.

And get banned after my first rage post, no thanks. There would be an epic post of rage if I were to do it, EPIC!!!

It would probably go off the path and just rage about everything in general as well.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve 4m
Some Ovechkin perspective: Only 4 of his 25 goals have been scored against teams currently in playoff spots. 14 scored vs weak SE division.

What about Stamkos? We've pretty much played shitty teams since Ovechkin's resurgence began.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Since March 21st he's had 10 of those 14 goals. He has gotten back into form while playing crappy teams.

People will do whatever it takes to make Ovechkin look bad. Ovechkin playing like his old self should make everyone happy because it makes the league better and more fun to watch.

calder

On an unrelated note

dAtcCfH.gif

The most impressive thing I've seen in forever.

Marvie_3

Banned
The meltdowns from Hawks fans as they get bumped by Detroit in the 1st round would be MUCH more epic.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

No seriously

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Solo

At some point, Ovechkin and Crosby swapped the "guy you love to hate" persona. People love to find reasons to bash him

It's a shame. I've never had anything but love for AO, which has made hisw last few seasons extremely disappointing. Seeing him return to form like this is glorious. Also, he's one of the very few guys with a real personality in the league, and that should be celebrated.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
No

Speaking of which, it is a shame Forza and Manics won't be here when the Leafs actually make the playoffs.

It's harder than you think to pull off.

Manics and Forza live on in all of us here at Leafs-GAF.

The ceremonial sack lather will commence prior to the first game of the playoffs if we make it.

Solo

Manics and Forza are like herpes. They may go away, but they always a chance they'll come back as a different strain.

Solo

According to NHL.com, if the season ended today, Michel Therrien would win the Jack Adams, with Joel Quenneville and Paul Maclean as runners up.

FUUUU

Helm is officially not going to play this season (well he did play one game):

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/04/red_wings_preparing_to_go_with.html

Helm would have given this team a huge boost in energy and speed, we would probably be doing better if he was in the lineup, he doesn't put up that many points, but he brings a lot more to this team than what the score sheet shows.

But Brunner will be back thankfully, finally someone who isn't afraid to actually shoot the puck on net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom