• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

FUUUU

Helm is officially not going to play this season (well he did play one game):

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/04/red_wings_preparing_to_go_with.html

Helm would have given this team a huge boost in energy and speed, we would probably be doing better if he was in the lineup, he doesn't put up that many points, but he brings a lot more to this team than what the score sheet shows.

But Brunner will be back thankfully, finally someone who isn't afraid to actually shoot the puck on net.
Didn't expect him to play this season after he had his last setback. Really no point for him to try and push anything, I'd rather see him get 100% ready for next season. Miss him like hell though, we're a different team with him in the lineup.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestlemania weekend is over and done with, so I'm back, baby!

IdOQyC7.jpg

Marc Staal skated before the team's practice this morning. He may be back before the end of the season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
According to NHL.com, if the season ended today, Michel Therrien would win the Jack Adams, with Joel Quenneville and Paul Maclean as runners up.
Bueno. I think he deserves it, of all the potential nominees he's the only one to come in fresh this year, had a 1 week training camp and took the team from 28th to a top 5 team.

Red_Man

It would be pretty crazy if the final Habs / Leafs game decided if the Leafs would play Habs or Bruins in the playoffs

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Looks better than Malhotra did when he came back.

Tanev and Higgins are out indefinitely. May not be ready for the start of the playoffs.

Wtf happened to Higgins? Noooooo :( Higgins has been one of our best defensive forwards and PK'ers all season, and Tanev has been extremely solid. Please let them be back for the playoffs :/

TUSR

Banned
Wtf happened to Higgins? Noooooo :( Higgins has been one of our best defensive forwards and PK'ers all season, and Tanev has been extremely solid. Please let them be back for the playoffs :/

My guess, Tanev is done and Higgins has a 'lower body injury' aka broken foot or groin

Smiley90

he also played pretty beastly

If Higgins is really out, that's gonna sting. His chemistry with Roy has been pretty amazing, they fit perfectly on the 3rd line. Raymond-Kesler-Kassian was alright, although Kassian and Raymond are clearly not on his level.

TUSR

Banned
If Higgins is really out, that's gonna sting. His chemistry with Roy has been pretty amazing, they fit perfectly on the 3rd line. Raymond-Kesler-Kassian was alright, although Kassian and Raymond are clearly not on his level.

dunno about you but ive never liked Kassian, I think hes a complete tool

Smiley90

Holy shit I just realized the Islanders are 8th in the East, 2 points ahead of the Devils and with the ROW tiebreaker brutally in their favour. Go Islanders!

CCF23

If Higgins is out for the start of playoffs I'd seriously consider playing Kesler on wing to start the playoffs. Playing Weise with Roy and Hansen will kill Roy's effectiveness.

Sedins - Burrows
Raymond - Roy - Kesler (Kesler takes most draws, then plays wing after the draw)
Weise - Lapierre - Hansen
Sestito - Ebbett - Kassian

Play the shit out of the top two lines, use the third line as a "shutdown line" and play the 4th line 5 minutes a game.

Either that or call Schroeder back up.

cube444

At some point, Ovechkin and Crosby swapped the "guy you love to hate" persona. People love to find reasons to bash him

No way. Crosby is fragile and misses half seasons.

Ovechkin has more goals this season than Crosby has combined his last two seasons.

When's the last time (non-Mario related) that Crosby actually threw a hit?

Cake Boss

Banned
Bruins just signed Carl Soderberg from the Swedish Hockey League. Lead that league in scoring this season.

Yay??

He aint no Bud Holloway though.

71 points in 55 games in SEL
Just turned 25.
Drafted in the 3rd round by The Kings
Bolted to Sweden after leading his AHL team in scoring and not getting a call up
Becomes a UFA this summer.

Going to be this years Brunner.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No way. Crosby is fragile and misses half seasons.

Ovechkin has more goals this season than Crosby has combined his last two seasons.

When's the last time (non-Mario related) that Crosby actually threw a hit?

Who has a better lookin girl, Forz....er...Cubey?

If Higgins is out for the start of playoffs I'd seriously consider playing Kesler on wing to start the playoffs. Playing Weise with Roy and Hansen will kill Roy's effectiveness.

Sedins - Burrows
Raymond - Roy - Kesler (Kesler takes most draws, then plays wing after the draw)
Weise - Lapierre - Hansen
Sestito - Ebbett - Kassian

Play the shit out of the top two lines, use the third line as a "shutdown line" and play the 4th line 5 minutes a game.

Either that or call Schroeder back up.

Lapierre is not a third-line centre. I would sooner call up Schroeder than use Lapierre there.

cube444

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve 4m
Some Ovechkin perspective: Only 4 of his 25 goals have been scored against teams currently in playoff spots. 14 scored vs weak SE division.

Simmons is a retard. Weren't the Jets leading the division when Ovechkin destroyed them with a bunch of goals? How about looking at the games relative to the time and position of standings when they were played? It could be argued that his goals knocked them out of a playoff position.

A guy like Simmons is probably upset that a Russian is doing well.

Hansen-Schroeder-Kassian has SOME offensive potency. Let Pinno and Weise wing Lapierre for a decent fourth line. Keep Ebbett the fuck out of the top nine.

Red_Man

Rest of Canadian NHL-Gaf see George Stroumboulopoulos's show is getting moved to CNN in LA? I'm not a huge fan, but it's pretty cool seeing him come so far, and he's a huge Habs fan.

cube444

Rest of Canadian NHL-Gaf see George Stroumboulopoulos's show is getting moved to CNN in LA? I'm not a huge fan, but it's pretty cool seeing him come so far, and he's a huge Habs fan.

I remember him late night on the FAN590 and then 102.1 the Edge. He also used to buy lots of weed from my buddy.

TUSR

Banned

He started his career in my home town ages ago.

Then he popped up on Much Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom