• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised anyone is committing to getting the new console(s)s without knowing launch lineup, price, features etc. It's mostly a bunch of rumors and hearsay right now.

TUSR

Banned
I'm surprised anyone is committing to getting the new console(s)s without knowing launch lineup, price, features etc. It's mostly a bunch of rumors and hearsay right now.

I saw a thread today asking "based on accessories what console will you get" or something.

What.

Heretic

Yup. I will eventually have all 3 consoles like I did this gen. 10+ years of Halo. I'm all in at this point. Always online? No Used Games? Kick in the nuts everytime you turn it on? No problem.

Looks like the Coyotes situation is pretty much over. Thank fuck.

details?

Ok, I definitely can't after hours voice chat and then go straight to sleep. I had a dream that Apocalidiot was delivering Desi's baby's baby. Like, the first baby just appeared out of nowhere but then the baby was going to give birth.

I will say that I am honored. What an opportunity!
Offtopic but.... Omg finally some positive news rumours on the next Xbox hahaha. Apparently it plays used games, has an offline mode, and has BC.

So all things it should have from the get go

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I saw a thread today asking "based on accessories what console will you get" or something.

What.

You have to find things to fight over on the Gaming-side every other day, at some point they're bound to run out of real topics

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Offtopic but.... Omg finally some positive news rumours on the next Xbox hahaha. Apparently it plays used games, has an offline mode, and has BC.

Always great to be vindicated on the same day I suggested everyone was fucking up the online only rumors

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nah, it's all about Pokemon Yellow. Why choose one when you can have all three starters AND Pikachu following you around.
Fuck Pikachu, annoying little bastard who refuses to evolve unless you give him a shiny rock? Talk about the 1%.

You guys are getting close to my waifu talk.
What would your wife think if she heard you talking about your waifu?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck Pikachu, annoying little bastard who refuses to evolve unless you give him a shiny rock? Talk about the 1%.

What would your wife think if she heard you talking about your waifu?

:lol I mean you guys are about the start talking about my waifu in general.

Montresor

I will say that I am honored. What an opportunity!

So all things it should have from the get go

100% correct. But if you read GAF every day and the majority of the members are talking about the online-only rumours all the time, that ends up being your expectation of the console. The reason this seems like great news is because we have been bombarded with negative Xbox rumours since February.

To balance the content of this post, I'll post comments about who I'd rather face in the playoffs among Toronto's three biggest rivals. Whether Toronto faces Ottawa, Montreal, or Boston, I think it will be a hard-fought battle. I think they can take all three of those teams to six games (losing in six games, mind you). I wouldn't mind losing to Ottawa, because they're our biggest rival, they're a great team (with and without injuries), and we've beaten them four times already. It would feel horrible, but I could take it. I wouldn't mind losing to Boston either, because after the beat down they've laid upon the Leafs in the past couple of years, losing four close games in a row and getting swept would be a big moral victory.

But fuck ever facing Montreal. Losing to them would cut so deeply into my heart that I wouldn't be able to take it.

Red_Man

So glad I don't give a fuck about the next consoles anymore.
I'll be buying them, but I'm not following it and checking Kotaku every morning I wake up, I don't need to follow the development like the birth of a child.

I am surprised so many people do care.

Hooray for more dudebro military shooters (in 1080p this time yay !)
I'm basically going to get it for NHL games and Halo, majority of games that come out now don't interest me at all. I got AC3 for free and have only played 15 mins of it.

ShaneB

I realized ages ago I'm back to being a full pc gamer and I just have little interest in whatever the consoles are doing. I've got mountains of games on PC that I already don't play so I don't need more platforms to have games I won't play. And my 360 and ps3 have now long been collecting dust, so I just have little need for more consoles where I have plenty of gaming goodness on pc.

Smiley90

OT but I just watched last nights Daily Show and the opening segment was brilliant.

Love The Daily Show. Much better than Colbert, IMHO, although they're completely different styles. I make sure to watch it every day. One of the best segments over the past few weeks was the "19th century news" one about Mississippi finally ending slavery :lol

Red_Man

Love The Daily Show. Much better than Colbert, IMHO, although they're completely different styles. I make sure to watch it every day. One of the best segments over the past few weeks was the "19th century news" one about Mississippi finally ending slavery :lol
I watch almost every episode of TDS, but only a few of TCR here and there. TCR isn't really my style, and Stewart is perfect at this type of comedy.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I prefer the Daily Show more as well. Consistently better than Colbert. Colbert can be pretty great at times as well. I tend to like the guest more on Colbert.

Smiley90

I watch almost every episode of TDS, but only a few of TCR here and there. TCR isn't really my style, and Stewart is perfect at this type of comedy.

I prefer the Daily Show more as well. Consistently better than Colbert. Colbert can be pretty great at times as well. I tend to like the guest more on Colbert.

Agreed. There's only some topics where Colbert's satire really works well, whereas Stewart's works with pretty much anything.

Red_Man

As great as Stewart is, his interviewing skills are meh at best, Colbert definitely has the edge on him in that regard.

Tabris

I still think that Bryz spending all that time thinking about the universe is what has thrown his concentration off his game.

Both Stewart and Colbert are pretty great when they're in top form.

My interest in TDS varies depending on the current rotation of correspondents. Colbert's pretty consistent, but the character can get grating over time.

Got to see Stewart do standup, which was a lot of fun. I'd like to see more of each of them outside of their shows.

Charmander > Squirtle COME AT ME

Squirtle was easy mode. Charmander for life.

lol. love it. I feel bad for Bryz. I really wouldn't mind him sticking around if it wasn't for that giant contract.

Ditto. The contract's a giant albatross hanging around his neck. No one can ever consistently play well enough to make contracts like his or Luongo's worth it.

Solo

Solo, I need to vent.

Im designing a vessel for a large company in Western Canada that has literally given me 13 pieces of information to go on and about 25% of the dimensions I need.

Engineer problems.

Talk to your contact in the company and tell them you can't make wine out of piss.

Red_Man

Dave-Is-Trapped-GIF.gif

TUSR

Banned
Ahhhh nothing like a beer on your patio in the sun waiting for the Canucks game.

Game is in 3 hours, you're going to be drunk as hell.

Talk to your contact in the company and tell them you can't make wine out of piss.

Typically for quotes you just make stuff up and then charge more for engineering work and revisions. Its a decent way to make a few extra bucks because the huge company who is giving you work doesn't have competent engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom