• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedge

It's easier to learn when we're not daydreaming of shoving animal testies down our throats.

Enjoy your eternal 0 cups. Oh wait... presidents trophy... HAHAHA

harvey-moon.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Its official. Canuck GAF are all Tabris aliases. :/ What a loser.

Aren't you happy about the variety in profile pics? Imagine all these posts made by Tabris, this page would be so much more orange.

Also, yes, I said we weren't playing on our normal level tonight. That's what I define as downplaying. Calgary's normal level is usually lower than ours, we played below our level tonight, so we were downplaying. I'm not sure how that's so hard to agree with, given the standings/season.

zedge

Zedge, thoughts on furries and Ponies?

Die in a fire.

Aren't you happy about the variety in profile pics? Imagine all these posts made by Tabris, this page would be so much more orange.

Also, yes, I said we weren't playing on our normal level tonight. That's what I define as downplaying. Calgary's normal level is usually lower than ours, we played below our level tonight, so we were downplaying. I'm not sure how that's so hard to agree with, given the standings/season.

Nope, still don't agree with this. Canucks a better team? Of course, duh.

MacAttack

I think we can all agree that "downplaying" is not a real word. At least, not in the context you are using it.

Smiley90

McDonalds levels of salt being thrown around by zedge here.

Now I'm hungry, thanks. I might actually walk to mcd now. And get some fries. Mhmmm.

I think we can all agree that "downplaying" is not a real word. At least, in the context you are using it.

I was using it because I couldn't think of a better word after Templaer said it. Name me a better shortened version of "not playing at the level we're normally playing, but more on the level our opposition usually plays, which is lower than ours" and I'll happily use it. We were underperforming? Is that better?

Now I'm hungry, thanks. I might actually walk to mcd now. And get some fries. Mhmmm.

I was using it because I couldn't think of a better word after Templaer said it. Name me a better shortened version of "not playing at the level we're normally playing" and I'll happily use it. We were underperforming? Is that better?

Fatty

Can't grown ass men have frivolous arguments on the internet these days without baseless accusations of being "salty" anymore. When will this meme die? Please say soon.

Any salt you might be detecting is coming from the fact that the canucks played like absolute horse shit for 55 minutes and for those 55 minutes "fans" suggested their team was downplaying. I find this to be disgusting personally, whether you can understand why or not is irrelevant but the concept of it is deplorable and the suggestion of it doubly so. We are a broken team, in fact we're more fragmented than we were before, our guys put in a good effort and instead of acknowledging that its "LOL WERE DOWNPLAYING" because apparently canucks fans think their team is much better than it actually is. Can't wait for playoffs bros ;)

Any salt you might be detecting is coming from the fact that the canucks played like absolute horse shit for 55 minutes and for those 55 minutes "fans" suggested their team was downplaying. I find this to be disgusting personally, whether you can understand why or not is irrelevant but the concept of it is deplorable and the suggestion of it doubly so. We are a broken team, in fact we're more fragmented than we were before, our guys put in a good effort and instead of acknowledging that its "LOL WERE DOWNPLAYING" because apparently canucks fans think their team is much better than it actually is. Can't wait for playoffs bros ;)

You guys still remember what that is?

Smiley90

Agreed with the bolded, that's what I meant by "downplaying". We played on the level of the Flames, which is not the level we usually play as, indicated by the standings. That is literally all I was saying. Either the Canucks played on Flames-level, the Flames played on Canucks-level (which honestly, they didn't because the game was a snoozefest.) or a bit of both. Which is most likely the case. Which still leaves the Canucks underperforming, so my statement stands.

zedge

Indeed. Can't wait for the first or second round exit and another season of ziltch for the Cannots. So fitting for the fanbase, and thier delusions of grandeur.

You guys still remember what that is?

Yep, and being at a Stanley cup parade. You?

Agreed with the bolded, that's what I meant by "downplaying". We played on the level of the Flames, which is not the level we usually play as, indicated by the standings. That is literally all I was saying. Either the Canucks played on Flames-level, the Flames played on Canucks-level (which honestly, they didn't because the game was a snoozefest.) or a bit of both. Which is most likely the case. Which still leaves the Canucks underperforming, so my statement stands.

The correct phrase is playing down to their level then you swiss fuck

Flames-GAF is cute. Keep it up guys, maybe one day you'll have a real NHL team to cheer for! If it can happen to Winnipeg, it can happen to anyone!

Smiley90

Flames-GAF is cute. Keep it up guys, maybe one day you'll have a real NHL team to cheer for! If it can happen to Winnipeg, it can happen to anyone!

I already called them cute, and I realized that in the context of zedge, that might've not been the best idea.

The zingers keep coming. Don't quit your day job.

LOL this joke is MUCH better than you think it is. :lololololol

Our successes are never clean, any time we play well we hang om by the skin of our teeth or beat better teams and I dont understand it. It could be the result of playing down to our level, but Id like to think after we have a ton of quality chances, the challenging team doesnt try and fight back and generate a larger lead, it just doesnt make sense to me. Then again I dont watch canucks games unless theyre playing the flames so I cant say one way or the other. Im just glad our guys from abby are coming up to the bigs and getting the minutes they need, if beartschi or reinhart or horak had chalked a point I would consider this game a win for my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom