• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you fucking stupid

I'm not sure what you're implying? I chose a less invasive medical treatment that has worked well for me for 10+ years..but yeah I must be stupid. I have a custom fitted brace for high contact stuff but its annoying and doesn't have a ton of mobility, as such I don't participate in a lot of contact sports anymore. A simple neoprene brace works well for bball though, I do use my brace for skiing, thats about it.

TUSR

Banned
It's ball hockey with different sticks. So you're basically right, yeah.

read my edit

I'm not sure what you're implying? I chose a less invasive medical treatment that has worked well for me for 10+ years..but yeah I must be stupid. I have a custom fitted brace for high contact stuff but its annoying and doesn't have a ton of mobility, as such I don't participate in a lot of contact sports anymore. A simple neoprene brace works well for bball though, I do use my brace for skiing, thats about it.

Or you could go braceless with a surgery.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
read my edit

Saw it, yeah. It's much more technical, much less physical than hockey. (soft europeans yadayada). Ton of fun. It's what Scandinavian hockey players play when there's no ice. (at least a lot of them)

but why let yourself go through that twice a year? You don't really feel much during surgery

Re:nikes, its really hard to find the good ones. You usually have to know exactly what you want and find them online. This is partially why I suggested basketball shoes, they are really easy to find in a ton of colorways.

Have my eyes on these for the summer.
They're like $85 though

1654242.jpg

Quick

Banned
Re:nikes, its really hard to find the good ones. You usually have to know exactly what you want and find them online. This is partially why I suggested basketball shoes, they are really easy to find in a ton of colorways.

Yeah, this is the conclusion I've reached.

but why let yourself go through that twice a year? You don't really feel much during surgery

I probably will in about a decade, at least before I'm 40 I'd think. Its not like my knee pops out mid stroke when I'm golfing or anything, or skateboarding for that matter. Its just random. The potential downtime is enough to make me not want surgery. And bullshit if I'm not gonna feel 3 fucking pins drilled through my bones for months if not years after the fact.

puma-el-ray-canvas-slip-on.jpg

Those are the pumas I was talking about. Theyre called el ray's. They come in plaid, canvas, a weird poly fiber rubber, all sorts of shit. But there are a TON of colors/styles and theyre fairly cheap. I think 40-65 depending on materials.

Smiley90

Sweet. Am totally gonna look into that business. Props!

Man thats harsh. Thought my bunged ankle/foot was bad.

There's a floorball "team" near me, and it has the densest concentration of Swedes/Swiss people I've ever seen in Vancouver. It's surreal. There's more Swiss and Swedes on that one team than I've met in the rest of Vancouver TOGETHER. Comes with the sport I suppose. I swear it's mostly those 2 countries, and other scandinavian countries that play it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pumas are great, they're the only shoe I've worn for the last 4 years before I got my Nikes.

Quick

Banned
puma-el-ray-canvas-slip-on.jpg

Those are the pumas I was talking about. Theyre called el ray's. They come in plaid, canvas, a weird poly fiber rubber, all sorts of shit. But there are a TON of colors/styles and theyre fairly cheap. I think 40-65 depending on materials.

I have a pair of those. Good stuff.

Puma seems to get glossed over for anything but running and soccer. My runners are pumas, granted they have a really slender arch so they aren't for everyone, but they make some damn nice shoes besides the more functional ones.

Golf pretty much replaced ice hockey for me, for those of you who dont golf, if you thought ice hockey was expensive...jesus, ive spent so much on golf shit.

Smiley90

Nice. I'll be the token canadian there. Will show up in full helmet, gloves. Drop the shoulder into some suckas.

Yeah no

Gloves are for pussies.

There's not too much contact allowed, it's kinda like basketball. You can check and push a bit, but you can't run someone over. It'll give you mad hand-eye coordination though.

Heretic

Bought Tomb Raider on launch and I'm just now playing it. NO MATTER WHAT I DO SHE GETS HURT HOW CAN I PROTECT HER LIKE THIS

P.S.
I just shot a deer in the fucking face so that she could eat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom