• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
If they want to be childish, so be it. Still doesn't change the facts being wrought to their small minds. We like chess, they like go fish. We drink beer in the evening and hard liquor and night- they drink vodka coolers. Our pubes are fuller than their chest hair.

More things change, more they stay the same.

I tried to argue in there but it's impossible because unless you think Basketball is the best thing ever they jump on you and talk about how unpopular hockey is.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just went through the Kobe thread and I'm surprised Dastardly isn't banned :lol :lol I went in there last night and was going to post "Why the fuck does this need it's own thread?" but didn't want to get banned, props to Dastardly.

The mods need push the Kobe/Reyes threads into their respective community threads.

And then do the same to the inane political threads that appear everyday.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yea, I really don't understand how it warrants it's own thread, quick someone make a retroactive thread about Crosby's broken jaw!

bardia

Why do you guys care that Kobe gets his own thread? Yeah basketball sucks, but who cares. Just make us NHL fans look insecure when you go shit up their thread.

Who the fuck?

1PTRcXJ.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you guys care that Kobe gets his own thread? Yeah basketball sucks, but who cares. Just make us NHL fans look insecure when you go shit up their thread.

Who gives a fuck what they think?

I didn't go in to shit up the thread anyway, just to combat some of the stupidity being thrown around in there.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Kaleta and Lauridsen kinda sorta got in a fight.

I say it that way because Lauridsen got the ever living shit kicked out of him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I tried to argue in there but it's impossible because unless you think Basketball is the best thing ever they jump on you and talk about how unpopular hockey is.

Oh I bet they were a hair away from giving US TV ratings while entirely ignoring Canadian ratings (sometimes there is more people watching the SCF in canada than NBA finals in the USA)

Just in case anyone ever needs to own them on popularity: 14 NBA teams average under 90% attendance

NHL has 3 teams under 90% attendance (one franchise being moved, one getting a new arena, another is shifting conferences)

All while NHL having a $10 higher average ticket price

So much for the popularity argument

CCF23

We really need Higgins back. It's not fun to watch Weise constantly fuck up anything Raymond (or whoever is Roy's competent linemate at the time) and Roy get going.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I bet they were a hair away from giving US TV ratings while entirely ignoring Canadian ratings (sometimes there is more people watching the SCF in canada than NBA finals in the USA)

Just in case anyone ever needs to own them on popularity: 14 NBA teams average under 90% attendance

NHL has 3 teams under 90% attendance (one franchise being moved, one getting a new arena, another is shifting conferences)

All while NHL having a $10 higher average ticket price

So much for the popularity argument

I'm going to need to know how much experience you have playing basketball before I just believe all these "facts".

Chris R

We need to put those away, no way we blank Vancouver.

edit: And % attendance doesn't count in the NHL, I mean the Jets only play in an arena that seats 15k, where the smallest NBA arena holds over 17k. And attendance would be down if the NHL had played a full season instead of a short one.

Am I doing it right?

Marvie_3

Banned
The mods need push the Kobe/Reyes threads into their respective community threads.

And then do the same to the inane political threads that appear everyday.
Some of the political threads are thread worthy. Kobe tearing his vagina is not.
Akim Aliu called up from the Heat.

"The transformation is almost complete!"

hohoho
You know your team is shit when garbage players like Aliu are getting call ups.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We should make a thread about some obscure injury to a nobody-NHL'er and then keep the thread alive as long as we can with BS-talk about the player/the injury. Until we all get banned for trolling.

Next time Crosby breaks his face we'll need multiple threads in the OT

BJ knows what's up.

Marvie_3

Banned
We should make a thread about some obscure injury to a nobody-NHL'er and then keep the thread alive as long as we can with BS-talk about the player/the injury. Until we all get banned for trolling.
Nah. It should be posted in the NBA thread. Then we post about it as much as possible.

Merguson

Banned
I honestly don't know how the Senators are going to keep their playoff hopes alive without Mike Hoffman. I just don't.

I mean, sure, they have guys like Spezza and Karlsson out, good players but the Senators have been doing fine without them.

But Hoffman? I don't see it. I think the Senators are toast without him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I honestly don't know how the Senators are going to keep their playoff hopes alive without Mike Hoffman. I just don't.

I mean, sure, they have guys like Spezza and Karlsson out, good players but the Senators have been doing fine without them.

But Hoffman? I don't see it. I think the Senators are toast without him.

Yeah he really brings those intangibles. I mean, we all know the Senators hopes were already pretty slim, but now? I mean, Hoffman? Talk about a string of bad luck for them. Even as a non-Sens fan, that's gotta sting.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm going to need to know how much experience you have playing basketball before I just believe all these "facts".

I only played basketball until I was like 17- and I was great at it

Family was poor

My brother was a NY Mets prospect and basically drained my families ability to fund any type of sport I'd be into- and when he busted due to wrecking his arm, that was it

Then I got a job, started playing hockey and loved it

So, yeah. I've probably played basketball more than most in NBA-GAF as it was the only thing I could play at a high level due to money

I didn't even play fucking road hockey until I was 15 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom