• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
Wow... 7 shutouts this season for the Hawks. Crazy!

To be fair, they've come against St. Louis (twice), Nashville (twice), Calgary, Columbus, and Minnesota. Minnesota is the only one of those teams that has any semblance of offense. They should have had a shutout against Detroit but they blew it in the last minute.

But, both the defense and goaltending have improved quite a bit this year and it shows.

Tabris

isqWjaSO0iHfb.gif

First, Canucks lose with 7 seconds left, and now this :p j/k

To be fair, they've come against St. Louis (twice), Nashville (twice), Calgary, Columbus, and Minnesota. Minnesota is the only one of those teams that has any semblance of offense.

Not that it's not true, but I never thought I would hear that.

Caught the game on DVR, wish I hadn't bothered.

Really hope we see Jaskin next game if for no other reason than to light a fire under this offense.

Stasis

I'm not sure what happened last night. I'm missing a shoe, a contact lens and a few buttons from my shirt.

Man I black out and forget all kinds of shit when I drink too much, but I've always wondered how people can lose something like a shoe. Do followup when you find it! :lol

A few weeks ago I waltzed in at 3am, woke my gf up, and asked her to help me find my cell phone and jacket. The jacket was on the floor in the hallway, and my cell was on the dining room table. Apparently. I don't remember any of that, it was all related to me the next morning. So I mean, I lose shit... but I guess I keep looking for them even in that state and end up finding them before I pass out. Or I get someone else to find them for me, either way.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That's not surprising at all. Does anyone actually think Kadri is going to be a career PPG player? He's riding the percentages of a lockout season.

i do

and it's simple, really.

Kadri takes shots that he's most likely to score on. If he doesn't see the opportunity, he'll pass the puck.

This is unlike the gretzky school of thought: you can't score on a shot you don't take...

I'm not one that believes peppering the goalie with shots is usually the best course as you're potentially wasting scoring opportunities.

Yeah I followed that game on Twitter, supposdly the Flyers scored to tie it up with .3 seconds left in the game against the Sens.

Was listening to the radio feed, was pretty great. Nice to have a shootout being pretty much as completely opposite a longer goalie duel as it can be.

Hopefully some of the kids make it up to the big club eventually and help turn the Flyers shootout record around.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Times definitely are changing.

The shit talking of the Leafs has died down and has now moved on to specific players.

Feels like old times. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom