• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibtw5EAtHyByxu.gif
What sorcery is this.

Osorio

Why do you want to win?

Oh yeah

You don't have a first round pick this year

Fuck tanking even if we did have a 1st round pick.

6 points back with 7 games left is a lot to ask tho =/

If it comes down to it we can play spoiler against the Rangers to salvage my feelings of this season.

pringles

I didn't even know we had a game yesterday and we shut someone out. They always do that when I don't watch the game. Stupid team.
I just got done watching the game and gotta say that was a great effort and hopefully a sign of how the team is going to play the rest of the way. Even Franzen looked like he cared which only happens in the playoffs normally.

Howard was outstanding as usual and bailed the team out the few times they made defensive errors.
Also Nyquist and Brunner look like they have some chemistry, Andersson fits in well there too but if we had Helm in the middle it would be one of the best 3rd lines in the league.

ShaneB

Hopefully Toronto starts tanking to get dat 6th seed tonight.

I’m hoping for some playoff witchcraft going on so none of the Canadian teams play each other in the first round, and that the Capitals don’t play a Canadian team :p So like, 1st Pens vs 8th (Jets hopefully), 2nd Montreal vs whoever, 3rd caps vs whoever, 4th bruins vs 5th leafs… something wacky like that.

She is, but Natasha Staniwhatever is hotter.

I like when the CFL season is going on just because CFLKate gets air time. But I've always prefered Martine Guillard on Sportsnet :p

Cake Boss

Banned
Thankfully I don't have to see that from him from when he was on the Leafs...though JVR is guilty of that sometimes.

I think the Devils have this year or next year to forfeit

It does baffle me to think as to why they didn't forfeit the 29th pick though.

I thought it was this year, they had to make a choice between last year and this year, they chose to give up last years pick.

Edit: never mind.

The league allowed the Devils to decide which year they would give up the pick - from 2011-2014 with notification due the day after the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Final.

So they got another year if they don't want to give up this year's pick.

So here is the dilemma:

Detroit makes playoffs - streak continues, people eat their words when we actually make the playoffs, swept in first round, Holland says, "I like our team" and resigns Cleary and gives Flip 5 million while letting the rookies overripe in GR.

Detroit misses playoffs - streak ends, people here and around the world go on how they knew it (even though they keep saying it every year) and gloat even though their own teams will never accomplish the amazing feat Detroit has had over the last 20 years while secretly crying themselves to sleep with their Sedin (or insert favorite player) pillows, Holland may not re-sign Cleary and Flip for 5 mil and may bring up more rookies next year for a new direction to the team.

I don't know what I prefer, but if the latter happens, a pre-emptive "screw you, and you wish your team would have had 20+ years of modern era success."

/end of rant for day

Osorio

To help you if Kovalchuk were to miss time again? Cause you know, it looks like there's no offense without him. Obviously drafting a good young forward is in the right direction.

I mean tanking this late in the season.

You have to remember at one point we were first in the conference. Then it all went downhill once Marty got injured.

TUSR

Banned
Work story

General manager quit Friday

Wife is now suing the company

They're selling their house and moving out of province

Most exciting Monday ever.

Osorio

Is NHL for handhelds any good?

I have no desire to buy a TV or a console but I'd like to play FIFA or NHL from time to time.

Quick

Banned
Is NHL for handhelds any good?

I have no desire to buy a TV or a console but I'd like to play FIFA or NHL from time to time.

NHL 07 for PSP was shit. I think a lot of it has to do with the hardware, specifically the controls. I really want an NHL game for the Vita.

I mean tanking this late in the season.

You have to remember at one point we were first in the conference. Then it all went downhill once Marty got injured.

The Devils according to hockeys future are ranked at 27 for their prospects pool citing their offense as a weakness (strong blue line though). I mean Brodeur getting hurt was pretty big but not as big as Kovalchuk's cause now there is absolutely no offense. Why not help out the offense with a strong upcoming draft class?

Also, NHL 14 needs to come to PC

Merguson

Banned
Steve Tambellini has been fired.

EDIT: Hearing Craig MacTavish is new EDM GM and Scott Howson will be taking over MacTavish's role. As per @TSNRyanRishaug, EDM fires Tambellini.

So here is the dilemma:

Detroit makes playoffs - streak continues, people eat their words when we actually make the playoffs, swept in first round, Holland says, "I like our team" and resigns Cleary and gives Flip 5 million while letting the rookies overripe in GR.

Detroit misses playoffs - streak ends, people here and around the world go on how they knew it (even though they keep saying it every year) and gloat even though their own teams will never accomplish the amazing feat Detroit has had over the last 20 years while secretly crying themselves to sleep with their Sedin (or insert favorite player) pillows, Holland may not re-sign Cleary and Flip for 5 mil and may bring up more rookies next year for a new direction to the team.

I don't know what I prefer, but if the latter happens, a pre-emptive "screw you, and you wish your team would have had 20+ years of modern era success."

/end of rant for day

No worries, they get to beat up on Tampa and Florida next season! But also have to deal with the Leafs, Bruins and Habs :p

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 42s

Hearing Craig MacTavish is new EDM GM and Scott Howson will be taking over MacTavish's role. As per @TSNRyanRishaug, EDM fires Tambellini.

Quick

Banned
Steve Tambellini has been fired.

EDIT: Hearing Craig MacTavish is new EDM GM and Scott Howson will be taking over MacTavish's role. As per @TSNRyanRishaug, EDM fires Tambellini.

Not really sure it's unexpected, considering the team's lack of success. But they seem to be on the upswing, though.

Was it Tambellini that fired MacT? If so, shit went full circle.

Revenant

So here is the dilemma:

/end of rant for day

Sodium-facts-403x200.jpg

Quick

Banned
Just wanted to add to my post further:

I feel like the Oilers have too much of an "old boys club" thing going with their front office with these former players working there. Would cleaning house completely be a better solution?

Revenant

NHL 14 features list

NHL® Collision Physics – Developed from the same core technology that powers EA SPORTS FIFA’s critically-acclaimed Player Impact Engine, NHL® Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler and more rewarding than ever.

Enforcer Engine – Powered by the same technology used in the critically acclaimed Fight Night franchise, NHL 14 will bring a brand new third-person presentation to showcase the anatomy of a fight. All players on the ice (human or CPU) remain live from the drop of the gloves to the trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action. This new technology delivers, for the first time in the EA SPORTS NHL franchise, true size and strength differentiation between players, new jostling mechanics and much more to create the most authentic and electrifying experience yet.

True Performance Skating – Built on the breakthrough innovation that introduced physics-based skating and over 1,000 new skating animations to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise. The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first-strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.

One-Touch Dekes – Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled only with the left stick and one-button. From beginner to advanced gamers, the system allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.

Live the Life – The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.

HUT & EASHL Online Seasons – NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the Hockey Ultimate Team & EA SPORTS Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.

ShaneB

Odd timing to fire Tambellini now in this season, not like a new GM can make big trades to make the team any better, but good riddance regardless. A monkey could've GM'd that team to where they are now :( Tank for a few seasons, get great picks, and do little else to build the team.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Odd timing to fire Tambellini now in this season, not like a new GM can make big trades to make the team any better, but good riddance regardless. A monkey could've GM'd that team to where they are now :( Tank for a few seasons, get great picks, and do little else to build the team.

they're 8 points out with 7 games left

Montresor

Jesus Christ. I wish I won some strange lottery and I got to be EA's CEO. Things I would do:

*Sports games come out only once every three years. Next gen Madden in 2013. Next gen NBA in 2014. Next gen NHL in 2015. Etc..
*Get rid of the bloat in sports games. Remove HUT completely from the NHL games. I'd say remove the Be-A-Pro / EASHL mode too but too many people like that.
*Free roster updates until the next game comes out. Pay a small amount of money to continue getting roster updates if you decide to keep your old game.
*Servers for older sports games will NEVER go down
*No microtransactions. No grinding. The grinding required to earn attribute bonuses in EASHL is designed to encourage micro purchases. Why spend hours scoring 100 goals in a season OFFLINE to upgrade your ONLINE player when you can drop 2 dollars on the EASHL upgrade? Ugh.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Reimer looks like the starter tonight.

Sorry for the late response, been busy at work.

And as Jonsson said, Lupul is a gametime decision...personally I hope he sits until saturday.

Var

Live the Life – The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.

This could be interesting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom