• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
leafs just signed a random goaltender

what

is

happening

Naah he's not random, he's been playing on the Marlies the last while and holding it together.

There was talks they would sign him though. But just seeing McKenzie he's on waivers now?

I'll take Kiprusoff for a late round pick - what's the downside? Toronto gets a veteran goalie - maybe even resigns him on the cheap - and Calgary gets a pick that Feaster can squander.

Merguson

Banned
Naah he's not random, he's been playing on the Marlies the last while and holding it together.

There was talks they would sign him though. But just seeing McKenzie he's on waivers now?

He has to go on waivers as he's a mid-season signing.

Probably just insurance in case one of our two goalies goes down.

Wonder if this means anything regarding Kipper?

EDIT: probably not.. just that it's him being called up rather than a guy like Rynnas or Owuya..

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He has to go on waivers as he's a mid-season signing.

Probably just insurance in case one of our two goalies goes down.

Wonder if this means anything regarding Kipper?

Yeah just saw them talk about that. So it's nothing but just keeping their bases covered in case something terrible happens.

edit: Macarthur and Komarov should be available to play on Thursday!

Montresor

Kypreos on live TV/radio is saying Van acquired Derek Roy.

He can't confirm what it costs but he thinks it's a 2nd rounder and a prospect.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Kypreos on live TV/radio is saying Van acquired Derek Roy.

He can't confirm what it costs but he thinks it's a 2nd rounder and a prospect.

Please no overpayment please no overpayment please no overpayment.

Wouldn't mind Roy though.

Smiley90

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
DAL trades Derek Roy to VAN for Kevin Connauton and a 2nd rd pick.

Newndyke fleeced.

Mhmmm Connauton eh, knew I'd brought his name up 2 pages ago instead of Tanev for a reason. Connauton had no space on the roster with all our other overpaid D-men anyway, and we have other D-prospects too.

I withhold judgement on this, but it'll be good to finally have a 2nd line C again. Not sure what to do next season though, with Henrik/Kesler/Roy/Schroeder though. Maybe trade Schroeder?

Canuck fans.. let me know whoever the prospect that we get from Vancouver is.. and let me know if he is good :p

Should become a semi-decent bottom pair D-man, I'd say. Never played on the big team though, so it's hard to tell just from what I've read.

Connauton is an offensive defenseman. I'm not sure if his defensive game has gotten any better but he was definitely one of the better prospects the Canucks had. But with the Canucks' top-4 locked up and Tanev, there was little room for him.

Geez capgeek already updated. Canucks can't afford a raise on his $4M salary so he'll be a pricey rental.

Thanks Booth for going on LTIR.

Cake Boss

Banned
I am guessing this is a pure rental though, Roy apparently is asking for 5M in a long term contract. Not sure of Van can afford him as the 3rd line center.

Smiley90

I am guessing this is a pure rental though, Roy apparently is asking for 5M in a long term contract. Not sure of Van can afford him as the 3rd line center.

We have no cap space. So no. Gillis isn't know for rentals, it's a bit weird, but I guess he realized we'd be completely screwed without Kesler and wanted to not waste a year of the Sedins being good. -shrug- we'll see how it pans out. I feel worse about the 2nd than Connauton, he had no space to fit

Acid08

Banned
We have no cap space. So no. Gillis isn't know for rentals, it's a bit weird, but I guess he realized we'd be completely screwed without Kesler and wanted to not waste a year of the Sedins being good. -shrug- we'll see how it pans out. I feel worse about the 2nd than Connauton, he had no space to fit
Or someone else is getting traded to make cap space?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Red Wings are not doing anything and, for the first year, I'm happy about it. Holland getting rid of more high draft picks and prospects would be infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom