• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenant

What you gonna do Western Conference, when Handzusmania runs wild on you?

handzusteamphoto.jpg

I like this trade for Vancouver. Maybe this means Gillis will be moving/buying out a lot of contracts in the off-season.

Jagr to Boston!? Fark.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Red Wings are not doing anything and, for the first year, I'm happy about it. Holland getting rid of more high draft picks and prospects would be infuriating.

But what if he was ACCUMULATING draft picks?
If we can trade Filppula and or White for picks, we should do it. Wings have no intentions of re-signing White anyways and Filppula will be asking for like 5 mil, which is a joke, especially after the season he's having.

Merguson

Banned
Pierre LeBrun said the Jagr trade call could be an hour away.

This is totally a perfect opportunity for a team to swoop in and steal Jagr isn't it?

Revenant

Pierre LeBrun said the Jagr trade call could be an hour away.

This is totally a perfect opportunity for a team to swoop in and steal Jagr isn't it?

I like to think as Jagr is on his way to the dallas airport mario lemieux will swoop in on a helicopter with a huge tethered magnet and pick up the car and bring it to Pittsburgh.

Sanjuro

I think it's pretty rad to have both a player who is top three in points on our team and a survivor of NHL '94 in the same package.

Keslord

Banned
If the Higgins extension is true (who knows at the moment) the Canucks are forced to move luongo

So much pressure now

With Roy on, the Canucks can now give up Luongo for less.

Booth is probably done in the offseason, too - shame, I really liked him when I watched him in Florida.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Spec has return in #Bruins Jagr deal what Iggy was going to be. Khoklachev, Bartkowski+2nd. I can confirm different prospects

Spl1nter

nvm mind, return was different. Seems like a good trade for bruins.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
DAL will receive prospects Lane MacDermid and Cody Payne (Plymouth) as part of the Jagr trade with BOS.

Keslord

Banned
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 9m
Now with Jaromir Jagr to be a Bruins soon, Boston won't be a possible destination anymore for Ryane Clowe. #transactions2013

The homer in me wants to say Clowe is gonna go to Vancouver now.

He's probably not, though. I could see him going to Minny.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm okay with Roy for a few months. Ballard can GTFO, I never liked his game in Florida and he's done nothing to prove otherwise in Vancouver. On your bike, missus.

Jags to Bruins? trololol awesome

Keslord

Banned
You totally have his destination right in your post, now that the Flyers missed out on Jagr they will double their offer for Clowe.
Don't think so. My gut tells me Vanek will be a Flyer by noon PST tomorrow instead

I'm okay with Roy for a few months. Ballard can GTFO, I never liked his game in Florida and he's done nothing to prove otherwise in Vancouver. On your bike, missus.
Get rid of Luongo, Ballard, and Booth. That's a lot of freed up cap to bump Roy's pay by 1 or 1.5m yearly.

Get rid of Luongo, Ballard, and Booth. That's a lot of freed up cap to bump Roy's pay by 1 or 1.5m yearly.

That's still $4M+ for a third-line centre. With a shrinking cap that won't happen. With centres at a premium a team will throw money at Roy and Filppula.

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2013&team_id=-1&position_id=C&fa_type_id=2

On this list, only Roy (29), Cervenka (27), and Weiss (29) are centres under 30 making over $3M this year (Filppula is a LW).

CCF23

I LOVE the Derek Roy trade because it signifies a culture change on our third line. No more pluggy Pahlsson types. With this addition, it's clear the third line is going to be a skill line, which is when we're most successful.

Price was right, too. Really happy.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Roy looks like a good fit for the Canucks, at least on paper.
Same with Jagr in Boston.

Oilers in a weird spot. Most of the bubble teams ahead of them have been buying (Blues, Canucks, possibly Red Wings and Columbus). I wouldn't mind giving up a meh prospect and a 4th rounder for Mark Streit :p

That's still $4M+ for a third-line centre. With a shrinking cap that won't happen. With centres at a premium a team will throw money at Roy and Filppula.

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2013&team_id=-1&position_id=C&fa_type_id=2

On this list, only Roy (29), Cervenka (27), and Weiss (29) are centres under 30 making over $3M this year (Filppula is a LW).

Given the hookers and cocaine level deals given out to good but not great centers recently, 4.5 mil is actually close to market price for Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom