• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Glad we're done with Boston for the season (for now...).

Jesper Fast has joined the Rangers, skating with the team in practice today wearing no. 12.

Carl Hagelin is suspiciously not skating today, a day after being demoted to the 4th line. They say it's a maintenance day.

Apparently the Rangers are really interested in Glencross, but Calgary doesn't want to deal him.

EDIT: A new Slick Mahony joint?! It's about time! Can't really watch while at work, though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately for the Leafs/Sens/Habs/Bruins, I don't think the Sabres will be making any trades with Northeast teams.

Does this really matter much anymore with realignment next year? Buffalo's given up on this year, and half the conference is in their division next year.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
We signed the college free agent Schmidt. We will have 11 D at practice tomorrow. Players need to be sent down/waived or traded.

CCF23

Actually wouldn't be against the Canucks getting Clowe now, depending on price. Center was the biggest need but we filled that. Pipe dream in me wants Pominville, though.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Actually wouldn't be against the Canucks getting Clowe now, depending on price. Center was the biggest need but we filled that. Pipe dream in me wants Pominville, though.
Reuniting Roy and Pominville would, I must admit, be pretty cool/smart.

CCF23

Also, for the Canucks cap situation. Compliance buy outs. I'd be really surprised if Booth and Ballard weren't bought out. That's almost $9 million in cap hit freed up by cutting the fat.

Combine that with probably $2-$4 million in cap relief we'll get trading Luongo, and we'll have 10+ mil in cap space. It won't be an issue. Gillman is a cap wizard. If there's one thing I'm confident in with the Canucks, it's their ability to manage the cap.

TUSR

Banned
Also, for the Canucks cap situation. Compliance buy outs. I'd be really surprised if Booth and Ballard weren't bought out. That's almost $9 million in cap hit freed up by cutting the fat.

Combine that with probably $2-$4 million in cap relief we'll get trading Luongo, and we'll have 10+ mil in cap space. It won't be an issue. Gillman is a cap wizard. If there's one thing I'm confident in with the Canucks, it's their ability to manage the cap.

4.25 and 4.2 for two bums.

Gives room to reink a few 'key' players and fit under next years cap.

Ballard I can see them buying out, but Booth is more valuable. I don't think the Canucks are willing to give up on him yet. He's only 28.

Anyone else hopping on the Pominville to Ottawa train?

We need to dump Bishop and we're swimming in prospects, hopefully the Sabers go into firesale mode.

I really doubt Buffalo trades within the division.

As CB said yesterday, Cammalleri is more likely if Feaster continues the fire sale since we tried to sign him before Montreal outbid us. GMs tend to keep tabs on guys they like and tried to get in the past.

But if supposedly 5 teams have inquired about Bishop then he might be gone by tomorrow.

CCF23

Depends. Can Roy provide you with the flesh of slaughtered animals?

:lol

No but he has a sweet ride:

A6FaJHMCYAI-IPZ.jpg

I really doubt Buffalo trades within the division.

As CB said yesterday, Cammalleri is more likely if Feaster continues the fire sale since we tried to sign him before Montreal outbid us. GMs tend to keep tabs on guys they like and tried to get in the past.

But if supposedly 5 teams have inquired about Bishop then he might be gone by tomorrow.

Is Buffalo staying with us through the realignment? I honestly though they were heading to the Atlantic.

In that case let the Cammalleri hype train commence.

Curufinwe

Who is trading for Luongo?

Cake Boss

Banned
Ahhh yeah

Michalek, Cowen and Anderson all coming in the upcoming road trip, Anderson could play Friday.

Best trade deadline acquisitions eva.

CCF23

If all these deals happened ON trade deadline day it would've been one of the better ones in recent years.

Iginla, Jagr, Bouwmeester, Roy, Morrow, Murray...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So according to Mirtle after the deadline the Leafs would be able to have 3 goalies on hand without making a roster spot.

Is this something I missed in the new cba?

So according to Mirtle after the deadline the Leafs would be able to have 3 goalies on hand without making a roster spot.

You could always have 3 goalies or however many you want as long as you don"t exceed the 23-man roster limit.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Question is... Does McIntyre have to go through waivers again to be assigned to the marlies?

Four years ago Detroit moving into the same division as Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal would have been terrifying. Now it actually seems to be preferable.

Still going to be a tough division. Glad we're in very good shape for the future.

Ahhh yeah

Michalek, Cowen and Anderson all coming in the upcoming road trip, Anderson could play Friday.

Best trade deadline acquisitions eva.

#19 is who we're all waiting for, WTF is he ??

CCF23

Canucks center depth, in the span of about a week will go from Henrik, a winger/Ebbett, Schroeder, Lapierre to Henrik, Kesler, Roy, Lapierre.

Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom