• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
Incorrect. Cory Conacher is leading your team in points. He also has 1 point in 5 games. Stop trading for busts (yeah that's right, i'm calling an undrafted player a bust, deal with it).

EDIT: On a serious note, does Turris have the defensive ability to play in a 3rd line center role? Because I think in the future he'll be behind Spezza and Zibanejad.

Damn, our leading scorers are busts :(

What do you mean by "you people".

Iqvm8ps.png

Spl1nter

Fuck, saw a really bad picture from Boston, now I got tears in my eyes. Hopefully no one else is hurt or killed.

On the hockey side. Boston with the already crazy schedule now has to make up a game and they play every other day already. Guess a b2b now in there.

ZeroGravity

On the hockey side. Boston with the already crazy schedule now has to make up a game and they play every other day already. Guess a b2b now in there.
They already have a make-up game with Tampa they need to play. Hard to imagine where they're going to stick this one in.

TUSR

Banned
Just caught up on the news on my coffee break.

Just seeing the word amputation makes me sick to my stomach. This is so entirely fucked up.

MacAttack

This is an incredibly sad day in sports history and for the city of Boston.

I've heard there were families from Newtown, CT. in a nearby grandstand. Those families have now endured two tragedies in the past year.

Terrible news but I've also heard there were a lot of heroic people at the scene helping the injured and that is inspiring.

Hoping for the best for everyone in Boston today.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just caught up on the news on my coffee break.

Just seeing the word amputation makes me sick to my stomach. This is so entirely fucked up.

I clicked on some of the pictures in that thread. I don't know why. So surreal. I hope they find whoever is responsible.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is an incredibly sad day in sports history and for the city of Boston.

I've heard there were families from Newtown, CT. in a nearby grandstand. Those families have now endured two tragedies in the past year.

Terrible news but I've also heard there were a lot of heroic people at the scene helping the injured and that is inspiring.

Really? That's fucking awful.

I clicked on some of the pictures in that thread. I don't know why. So surreal. I hope they find whoever is responsible.
The picture of the guy in the wheelchair missing his leg is unbelievable.

Sanjuro

This is incredibly sad day in sports history and the city of Boston.

Was on 24 this morning, ready to head up there. Plan was to do Sox, walk to marathon, Bruins later. Red Sox had the early game at 11AM, too early for the person intended to go.

Came back home and watched a high energy ballgame. Shortly after, hear the news. Never had such a wide array of emotions in a single day. Still waiting on hearing from someone out at the marathon.

Smiley90

Was on 24 this morning, ready to head up there. Plan was to do Sox, walk to marathon, Bruins later. Red Sox had the early game at 11AM, too early for the person intended to go.

Came back home and watched a high energy ballgame. Shortly after, hear the news. Never had such a wide array of emotions in a single day. Still waiting on hearing from someone out at the marathon.

http://google.org/personfinder/2013-boston-explosions

Hope that person's alright.

Smiley90

That is almost superhuman.

Mad respect for all involved.
Apparently some people went straight to donate blood after finishing it, pretty incredible stuff.

"NBCSports reported that some marathon runners continued running to the hospital so that they could give blood for the injured."

Yeah, run a marathon and then keep running to the hospital to donate blood? That's amazing. Period.

Solo

The blood donation stuff is fantastic. As was the footage of brave people running back to try and help others right after the first bomb exploded. Running back into the warzone.

There are still good people on this earth.

MacAttack

Really? That's fucking awful.
They may or may not have been in the seats at the time of the explosion, since the men's marathon had ended.

The runners crossing the line at that point were unknown by most people except their own family or friends that may be waiting at the finish line.

Quick

Banned
The blood donation stuff is fantastic. As was the footage of brave people running back to try and help others right after the first bomb exploded. Running back into the warzone.

There are still good people on this earth.

Yeah, saw a ton of police officers rush to the smoke to help people out immediately almost like clockwork.

One of the deaths is an 8-year-old kid. Fucking hell.

Just heard what happened. My thoughts are with Bruins-age, and anyone they know who has suffered through this fucked up ordeal.

Also reminded me that I've been on this planet for 27 years and still haven't given blood yet. Fuck that. Changing that this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom