• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Liles in, Gunnarsson out. Gardiner on top pairing tonight.

(gunnarsson is out to rest him for playoffs, likely due to his injury)

Cactus

Banned
Yeah, saw a ton of police officers rush to the smoke to help people out immediately almost like clockwork.

One of the deaths is an 8-year-old kid. Fucking hell.

That's terrible. Multiple children confirmed injured as well.

I still can't get some of those post-blast pics out of my mind.

Acid08

Banned
I hate the mentality that I go through when tragic things happen. It scares me at times.

Thoughts and prayers to Boston...
I hate having to look at other people grand standing their stupid ideas and blame after these tragedies. Feeling pretty bad for Muslin Americans right now.

All the speculation is making me sick.

Honestly can't even look at the fucking thread in OT. There's fuck all evidence and already everybody is spinning the Wheel of Justice to see which race/religion/demographic should be prematurely persecuted.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Honestly can't even look at the fucking thread in OT. There's fuck all evidence and already everybody is spinning the Wheel of Justice to see which race/religion/demographic should be prematurely persecuted.

Yeah between the OT and CNN it is sickening.

Unfortunately tragedies bring out the worst in everybody. Reading comments on news sites you have people saying that this was staged by the Obama administration and liberals to take away liberties and shit like that.

Like honestly I'm more worried about those who were affected than who did it.

It feels weird trying to move on with the day. I'm not paralyzed with disbelief like I was during the theater shooting down the street, not crushed like I was during the Newtown shooting.. I just feel sick right now.

RC

Banned

Xenophobia at work. Not at all surprising, but still sad nonetheless.

MacAttack

I don't know what I expected going into that thread about the Marathon. I left disappointed though.

I won't discuss the issue anymore in respect to people watching hockey. I'm going to attempt to avoid any more news coverage tonight and hockey is a welcome distraction.

I don't know what I expected going into that thread about the Marathon. I left disappointed though.

I won't discuss the issue anymore in respect to people watching hockey. I'm going to attempt to avoid any more news coverage tonight and hockey is a welcome distraction.

There's no reason why we can't discuss both.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

That's how I'm watching this game right now. I don't feel fully into it to be honest.

Sanjuro

A ton of strange people come out when things like this happen. Glad to know at least some of the people in this thread have a good grasp on what's really important.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Already blaming muslims and arabs on the radio show i was listening to...

Quick

Banned
A ton of strange people come out when things like this happen. Glad to know at least some of the people in this thread have a good grasp on what's really important.

There's also that ribbon thread, where people are being dicks about the concept.

"Ribbons don't help people, lol" - while I'm not one to wear a ribbon or wristband to support all these different causes, I don't think it hurts anybody to show support and help people cope somehow in that manner. And it's not like he's making a profit out of it.

There's also that ribbon thread, where people are being dicks about the concept.

"Ribbons don't help people, lol" - while I'm not one to wear a ribbon or wristband to support all these different causes, I don't think it hurts anybody to show support and help people cope somehow in that manner. And it's not like he's making a profit out of it.

I find the 'X is pointless' comments more annoying than the 'Y probably did it' ones. At least the latter is part of a natural human coping mechanism of trying to contextualize and categorize a tragic event, even if the results are often wildly inaccurate. The former is just the call-sign of an asocial asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom