• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

He's too expensive to just keep around "hoping" he'll be a 2nd line winger though. If we have the space I'd love to keep him (and Ballard), but we don't, so one or both of them need to go, sadly. Esp with how well Raymond&Hansen have played on the 2nd, and if we get another winger in, and IF Jensen/Kassian improve their play enough to reliably put on of them on the 2nd line at some point.

But he's not costing us anything this season. We have so much back dated LTIR from that 2nd line that we can fit in a lot for the rest of the season. If you mean for next year, sure, but you make that decision based on how his summer training goes and what's on the market.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
But he's not costing us anything this season. We have so much back dated LTIR from that 2nd line that we can fit in a lot for the rest of the season. If you mean for next year, sure, but you make that decision based on how his summer training goes and what's on the market.

I'm talking about next season, yes. When's the deadline for buyouts? Before free agency starts? I would assume if Gillis isn't absolutely sure he can resign everyone else he wants, Booth will be bought out then.

CCF23

Sharks are asking Clowe where he wants to go. NYR or VAN.

I would say he'd pick NYR, but they're no slam dunk for the playoffs. Wonder if that'll weigh in. Vancouver is more of a lock to be in the playoffs.

Tabris

people like money, especially if they dislike the state of their current (previous now) team

Yes, but people also take discounts for compatibility with teams and/or long term contracts. CCF23 talked like he knew he was going to test the UFA market, so I assume he said something, which is why I asked.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Trevor Timmins last 4 fifth round picks; Charles Hudon, Darren Dietz, Brendan Gallagher, Gabriel Dumont. Damn, overpayment for Drewiske!

Tabris

That's so funny and totally not an hour and a half ago.

n503ae0b05a291.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Think so? I only see 4 teams I would be worried about in the East. BOS, PIT, MON, and NYR. Rest are over achievers or play in the worst division in NHL like NJD (without ZP), OTT, TOR, and WPG.

Now the west is scary with CHI, ANA, VAN, LAK, STL, MIN, and DET. All of those teams have a good shot. I would maybe downgrade LAK but they are the winners so you gotta give them a bit of credit. Detroit can surprise.

I know so.

Ottawa has proven all year you can't underestimate them. They are well coached and play hard until the last second. They will not be a pushover.

Toronto is high scoring and one of the hardest hittingest teams in the league.

New Jersey Devils...Martin Brodeur.

Cake Boss

Banned
Clowe will fit in great with the Rangers, an over the hill player that cant score and the rumors of him wanting a 7 year extention fits in great with Sather behind the desk.

CCF23

This is essentially where I'm at.

If the deal doesn't include Jensen, Kassian, Corrado, Gaunce, Schroeder, Lack, or a roster player, I'm fine with whatever it is (including a 1st).

If it does, I hope he picks NYR.

Acid08

Banned
Not expecting a lot now. Sounds like neither team wants to commit to an extension, lower return guaranteed.

If this return is worse than Murray's.....

Phthisis

Drewiske is a good pickup for the Habs. He's a solid third pairing defenseman that can PK. He isn't flashy, but he does everything well enough at the NHL level. He's a good guy to have for depth in the playoffs. Good team player, very versatile gap filler.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Drewiske is a good pickup for the Habs. He's a solid third pairing defenseman that can PK. He isn't flashy, but he does everything well enough at the NHL level. He's a good guy to have for depth in the playoffs. Good team player, very versatile gap filler.

Nice. Our PK has been suspect at times so that's good to hear.

Tabris

BTW I don't think Jagr will be as great with Boston. He has benefited from playing with Giroux then Benn. Boston is a lot more deep but they don't have that same level of forward.

Cake Boss

Banned
BTW I don't think Jagr will be great with Boston. He has benefited from playing with Giroux then Benn. Boston is a lot more deep but they don't have that same level of forward.

WTF?

Seguin, Bergeron, Kreji played with him in the worlds I believe.

Do you watch other teams other than Canucks?especially teams you talk shit about?

I wouldnt be surprised if Jagr out produces Iginla for the rest of the season and playoffs, Jagr has played in many different teams and always produced, Iginla has been with 1 team his whole career and looks like there will be an adgusting period.

Tabris

WTF?

Seguin, Bergeron, Kreji played with him in the worlds I believe.

Do you watch other teams other than Canucks?especially teams you talk shit about?

So you're saying that Seguin, Bergeron, and/or Kreji is on the same level as Claude Giroux and/or Jamie Benn?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dont think we'll trade Raymond, he improved and he's cheap. Honestly we dont have any roster players not named Booth or Ballard I can see traded. Would have really liked Clowe though, he'd have complemented the team nicely. Now we need a scoring 2nd line/3rd line RW from somewhere else.

Cake Boss

Banned
So you're saying that Seguin, Bergeron, and/or Kreji is on the same level as Claude Giroux and/or Jamie Benn?

Bergeron > Benn
Giroux isnt that big of a difference off Seguin for Jagr not produce very well.

Plus Jagr has been producing before Benn signed his contract, he was carrying that team offensivly.

Tabris

Yeah, but that would translate as one step down for Jagr. I'm saying he'll be really good as always but he won't be as great as the last 2 years due to line mate differences.

Dont think we'll trade Raymond, he improved and he's cheap. Honestly we dont have any roster players not named Booth or Ballard I can see traded. Would have really liked Clowe though, he'd have complemented the team nicely. Now we need a scoring 2nd line/3rd line RW from somewhere else.

Raymond is not cheap anymore though. Again, cap space doesn't matter this year due to back dated LTIR and 10ish games left. Raymond will cost more than his current cap hit next year if we resign him. He's a UFA and could want to test the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom