• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Randy Sportak ‏@SUNRandySportak 6m
#flames Kiprusoff refused to talk about whether he's talked to Maple Leafs. Addressed his sub-standard play last 2 games.

DopeyFish

according to Gillis on Team 1040... canucks want to do one more trade, maybe 2

(i assume clowe and luongo)

DopeyFish

Canucks AGM Laurence Gilman said acquisition of Derek Roy "potentially" changes the asking price on Roberto Luongo. For example, a W or D.

andddd

canucks are liekkkk PLEASE NONIS SAVE US FROM CAP HELL. WE'LL TAKE HOLZER. (fan edit: FUCKING TAKE KOSTKA YOU ASSHOLES)

Merguson

Banned

iguWY1SUXrYwG.gif

DopeyFish

Do the Leafs need another (aging) goalie?

I would assume you'd want to stop your no1 slot from being a revolving door.

yes, we need everyones aging goalie.

we took fuhr, we took belfour, we took joseph, we took kolzig (ok we totally did that to cheat and we got penalized), we took joseph again, we took aubin, we took giguere

worst out of that was josephs 2nd tour! and giguere but that could be argued it was our defense.

we do alright with older goalies, typically

gaming_noob

we took fuhr, we took belfour, we took joseph, we took kolzig (ok we totally did that to cheat and we got penalized), we took joseph again, we took aubin, we took giguere

worst out of that was josephs 2nd tour! and giguere but that could be argued it was our defense.

What the WHAT. I had to google to confirm that. Last played with the leafs just 4 years ago. WTF I did not remember that stint.

DopeyFish

What the WHAT. I had to google to confirm that. Last played with the leafs just 4 years ago. WTF I did not remember that stint.

trust me... we are all trying to forget

Not as much as gilmours 2nd stint

Injured on his first shift back, thanks flames

When was the last time the Leafs were in a comfortable playoff position?
I'd stick with Reimer for the moment.

DopeyFish

When was the last time the Leafs were in a comfortable playoff position?
I'd stick with Reimer for the moment.

No, no.

We should keep reimer

But with the price of luongo dropping we should go for him

Playoffs? Cool. But next season we aren't going to be playing reimer all 82 games. Feel more comfortable with 2 good goalies... Considering how badly our tenders have been over the years

Maybe trade Liles for luongo?

Spl1nter

I accidently listened to part of a leafs fan podcast. They were saying we should trade lupul over macarthur and that he had a bad cap hit..... wtf

Playoff roster?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Pinizotto-Lapierre-Weise

That doesn't look too shabby at all.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I accidently listened to part of a leafs fan podcast. They were saying we should trade lupul over macarthur and that he had a bad cap hit..... wtf

Those people must be ugly both on the inside and outside to think such a thing.

Disgusting.

No, no.

We should keep reimer

But with the price of luongo dropping we should go for him

Playoffs? Cool. But next season we aren't going to be playing reimer all 82 games. Feel more comfortable with 2 good goalies... Considering how badly our tenders have been over the years

Maybe trade Liles for luongo?

If Luongo can be had without maiming your core team then by all means fire away. Liles plus a lesser pick, if workable, is definitely a good trade. Given Vancouver's acquisition spree 4.5 mill a year might be too rich for them though.

Trading for Kipper is not a winning proposition however; a 35+ goalie past his prime positioned as a franchise player has not historically worked out well for the team.

If Luongo can be had without maiming your core team then by all means fire away. Liles plus a lesser pick, if workable, is definitely a good trade. Given Vancouver's acquisition spree 4.5 mill a year might be too rich for them though.

I don"t how Luongo works for any team.

If it works great. If he doesn't work out and play really well you are stuck with that contract for all eternity. If he retires early you take a penalty.

If Luongo was playing super well and the leading Vezina candidate, teams would be more confident but now ?

You are better off with a cheaper goalie on a contract you can trade/let expire or buyout for cheap if they bomb.

That's a huge risk, the GM will get fired if the trade does not work out and the owner is stuck paying that contract. I can't see a GM staking their career on that.

DopeyFish

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 3m
Reimer on Luongo/Kiprusoff: "If they came, then it would be an honour to play with them and learn from them."

good guy reimer

I don"t how Luongo works for any team.

If it works great. If he doesn't work out and play really well you are stuck with that contract for all eternity. If he retires early you take a penalty.

If Luongo was playing super well and the leading Vezina candidate, teams would be more confident but now ?

You are better off with a cheaper goalie on a contract you can trade/let expire or buyout for cheap if they bomb.

That's a huge risk, the GM will get fired if the trade does not work out and the owner is stuck paying that contract. I can't see a GM staking their career on that.

Actually that's a fair point. Giving a goalie not named Brodeur in this day and age a long term contract never seems to end well.

Call it the DiPietro principle.

DopeyFish

right now we have $12 million in cap not going to any player on our team

and we're complaining about $5.3 million a year? the cap will be going up for the season after next

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think Roy goes in as the 2C, and Kesler plays 3C.

No.

Also, Kassian won't be playing on the second line.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Hansen
Higgins-Roy-Kassian/Jensen
Weise-Lapierre-Pinnizotto
Schroeder

How I see it. one of Kassian/Jensen will stay up, probably Kassian to not burn Jensen's ELC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom