• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

How are the B's even going to get these games in? Reg. season is supposed to end Apr. 27, and playoffs are supposed to start Apr. 30. B's already now have a game for Apr. 28, and now have to fit another in.

Will the whole playoffs be delayed a few days? Like May 2 or 4 instead of Apr. 30?

How are the B's even going to get these games in? Reg. season is supposed to end Apr. 27, and playoffs are supposed to start Apr. 30. B's already now have a game for Apr. 28, and now have to fit another in.

Will the whole playoffs be delayed a few days? Like May 2 or 4 instead of Apr. 30?

Bruins-Pens tentatively scheduled for 12:30PM tomorrow, will know by 8:30AM if it'll be actually played then.

Pens-Sabres actually scheduled for tomorrow is tentatively being moved to Tuesday

Quick

Banned
Really? It's a combination of everything. Turn on practically any news outlet.

Two separate posts in the past week that I remember, you've commented on how you're "pissed off" that Boston sports games are canceled in the wake of what's currently going on.

You make it sound like you care more about sports than anything else.

I'm watching the news, and I'm glad they postponed those games. Insignificant compared to what's happening, and certainly isn't worth the risk.

Sanjuro

Two separate posts in the past week that I remember, you've commented on how you're "pissed off" that Boston sports games are canceled in the wake of what's currently going on.

I'm watching the news, and I'm glad they postponed those games. Insignificant compared to what's happening, and certainly isn't worth the risk.

Sounds like you're stretching to me. Obviously I'm willing to die to head to the ballgame tonight, not suggesting hope that the city was safe to travel at all.

Socreges

Banned

That's the impression I've gotten. Especially with the last one.

A game being cancelled should not piss you off with everything going on here.

Quick

Banned
Sounds like you're stretching to me. Obviously I'm willing to die to head to the ballgame tonight, not suggesting hope that the city was safe to travel at all.

Red Sox game cancelled. Bruins game will be as well.

Bruins-Pens officially postponed, shocking no one

Not shocked, but royally pissed off.

I'd quote the other time, but I really couldn't be bothered to go through a week's worth of posts in here.

And no, you didn't really suggest hope that the city was safe to travel to at all in that post.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I always interpreted that as pissed off about the situation as a whole when he said it. Like everyday life can't carry on because of these awful events. Its frustrating, I'm sure. Hard to feel safe or take your mind off it with no distractions.

Give the guy a break, this is NHL-Gaf, not "look for reasons to be outraged" regular OT Gaf

TUSR

Banned
I always interpreted that as pissed off about the situation as a whole when he said it. Like everyday life can't carry on because of these awful events. Its frustrating, I'm sure. Hard to feel safe or take your mind off it with no distractions.

Give the guy a break, this is NHL-Gaf, not "look for reasons to be outraged" regular OT Gaf

You only express your emotions here when Bruins games get cancelled, but alright. Be safe.

Go to OT

Sanjuro

The Red Sox games were incredible. Was able to turn off the news and relax. Problem is, once it's over, there is a need to watch the news. You want to make sure friends/family are safe, and want to see the suspects process to justice. I only went to the pub for the Bruins game, but it's something I'll never forget. Not a dry eye in the place.

You only express your emotions here when Bruins games get cancelled, but alright. Be safe.

What are you talking about? I've posted in here as I regularly do. Maybe more if it felt like I was being trolled less...

Socreges

Banned
I defended the guy last time and gave him the benefit of the doubt. This time, as Quick said, I thought he could use a reality check.

What are you talking about? I've posted in here as I regularly do. Maybe more if it felt like I was being trolled less...
ibyJQVBgkZGHYB.gif

Osorio

I get what he's saying. I remember after Sandy I went from Jersey City which didn't get power for 2 weeks to my parent's house which never lost power. I had dinner with a friend at a Brazilian restaurant and they had the news on showing the damage of the hurricane. The same night was the Knicks season opener against Miami. Needless to say, everybody in the restaurant got to escape the realities of the situation for those 2.5-3 hours.

Sanjuro

I defended the guy last time and gave him the benefit of the doubt. This time, as Quick said, I thought he could use a reality check.

******.gif

You think I can use a reality check?! Do you have any idea of what's going on around here? I have reality in 24-hour doses.

I didn't specifically say you were trolling me, but this is the only sporting thread where I've gotten some sort of sour posting directed right at me. In each instance I've clarified immediately, only to have people continue to try and guess how I'm feeling. That is absurd.

Quick

Banned
You think I can use a reality check?! Do you have any idea of what's going on around here? I have reality in 24-hour doses.

Anytime we've mentioned your misplaced concern on sporting events, you seem to tread back to "do you know what's happening here?" - Yeah, I do.

You've been posting clearly that a canceled Red Sox or Bruins games are something to be angry about, rather than what's happening. "Not shocked, but royally pissed off" at a quote that the Bruins-Pens game is canceled is pretty definitive that you're pissed off at the canceled game(s).

Please ask me again if I know what's happening there.

But seriously, in the end, what matters is the safety of everyone. I'd be happy to see Boston get back to its usual self and I want to see that happen ASAP.

Socreges

Banned

I didn't specifically say you were trolling me, but this is the only sporting thread where I've gotten some sort of sour posting directed right at me. In each instance I've clarified immediately, only to have people continue to try and guess how I'm feeling. That is absurd.
Well, we don't have to guess. You've twice told us that you're angry that Bruins games have been cancelled. I would personally be upset if the games were going forward despite these serious events. But we all respond differently.

Sanjuro

Anytime we've mentioned your misplaced concern on sporting events, you seem to tread back to "do you know what's happening here?" - Yeah, I do.

You've been posting clearly that a canceled Red Sox or Bruins games are something to be angry about, rather than what's happening. "Not shocked, but royally pissed off" at a quote that the Bruins-Pens game is canceled is pretty definitive that you're pissed off at the canceled game(s).

Please ask me again if I know what's happening there.

But seriously, in the end, what matters is the safety of everyone. I'd be happy to see Boston get back to its usual self and I want to see that happen ASAP.

Then maybe stop saying foolish things?

Well, we don't have to guess. You've twice told us that you're angry that Bruins games have been cancelled. I would personally be upset if the games were going forward despite these serious events. But we all respond differently.

Ultimately, these Bruins games are meaningless. I'm not sure how I can get visibility upset about a hockey game alone.

So, yes, you are guessing. Just drop it.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Let it go, guys. I think its pretty clear his comments are being misinterpreted or he chose his words poorly. No need for arguments in here. We all know what he actually meant at this point.

12:30 start time for tomorrow's game should be interesting. Wonder if the Sox are gonna have a doubleheader too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just woke up again, after staying up too lat.. What'd I miss in the last 10 hours? Last thing I knew was the sun was starting to rise and they were going to begin the house-to-house search for white hat suspect Nr. 2. The reddit threads are too confusing and filled with misinformation to read, not to mention the big thread here.

Quick

Banned
Let it go, guys. I think its pretty clear his comments are being misinterpreted or he chose his words poorly. No need for arguments in here. We all know what he actually meant at this point.

12:30 start time for tomorrow's game should be interesting. Wonder if the Sox are gonna have a doubleheader too.

Speaking of double headers, would the NHL ever consider double headers for extreme cases of getting games played after postponing them?

I can imagine the obvious difficulty and disadvantage with players playing two games a few hours apart. The only thing that could be less stressful to that is the ability to have your backup start one of the games.

Acid08

Banned
I just woke up again, after staying up too lat.. What'd I miss in the last 2 hours? Last thing I knew was the sun was starting to rise and they were going to begin the house-to-house search for white hat suspect Nr. 2. The reddit threads are too confusing and filled with misinformation to read, not to mention the big thread here.
They're like 70% done searching, no idea where this guy is.

Socreges

Banned
I just woke up again, after staying up too lat.. What'd I miss in the last 2 hours? Last thing I knew was the sun was starting to rise and they were going to begin the house-to-house search for white hat suspect Nr. 2. The reddit threads are too confusing and filled with misinformation to read, not to mention the big thread here.
Bruins game was cancelled :(

Sanjuro

Suspect one is dead. Killed a MIT security officer, stole cars, threw explosives (pressure cookers rumored).

Suspect two managed to somehow slip away in Watertown after a gun battle with suspect one. Watertown is on lockdown, nobody in, nobody out. Searching for him now.

Smiley90

They're like 70% done searching, no idea where this guy is.

damnit.

Bruins game was cancelled :(

I lol'd.

Suspect one is dead. Killed a MIT security officer, stole cars, threw explosives (pressure cookers rumored).

Suspect two managed to somehow slip away in Watertown after a gun battle with suspect one. Watertown is on lockdown, nobody in, nobody out. Searching for him now.

That much had already happened 10h ago... You're telling me there's been NOTHING happened since then? 10h passed and they still haven't found him, despite the FBI, National Guard and multiple SWAT teams? wtf?

EDIT: I meant the last 10h, not 2h of course.

Sanjuro

That much had already happened 10h ago... You're telling me there's been NOTHING happened since then? 10h passed and they still haven't found him, despite the FBI, National Guard and multiple SWAT teams? wtf?

EDIT: I meant the last 10h, not 2h of course.

Nothing substantial. The Garden and Fenway are both fairly distant from the location being searched, makes it even more disheartening that they don't have an exact idea of what they have a handle on.

Smiley90

Nothing substantial. The Garden and Fenway are both fairly distant from the location being searched, makes it even more disheartening that they don't have an exact idea of what they have a handle on.

Damn. I just hope he wasn't able to get out of their search parameter. Is the entire city shut down or still just Watertown? Because if they finish their search and he's nowhere in there... He can be anywhere, right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom