• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

Under these circumstances, I would be okay with a loss. It would hurt, but it would have an upside.

Really? You would rather have your favorite team lose the playoffs not to have to read some guy on the internet be arrogant about his teams chances to win? Really?

Some of you need perspective.

Stasis

I think probably the only reason I'd like to see the Habs progress is because the atmosphere around here becomes so damn awesome when they're doing well in the playoffs. Just tons of parties/gatherings and good moods all over the place. It really does impact the day to day. Quebecers are pretty damn fun. Any fan of hockey should see what this is like at least once. Insufferable though they may be, they really know how to live it up and cheer a team doing well.

Other than that, fuck the habs. Especially against the Rangers =/

Socreges

Banned
I still feel like the Wild will win the NW. We have the easiest schedule left...
Less than 24 hours later:

Well, that may be the season for the wild.

If we can grab the 7th seed we match up well with the ducks but other then that we are probably toast. If we even make the playoffs that is.
And that, kids, is why the standings sometimes require a closer look.

Vman

Less than 24 hours later:

And that, kids, is why the standings sometimes require a closer look.

Okay, my thought process was the Wild would realize that 'hey, maybe we should show up against these terrible teams and take the division.' meanwhile Vancouver had three games left against two top teams and if they only won one and the wild swept we would take the division.

But even though we outshot and outplayed the flames we lost. we still should make the playoffs. When i posted i think they may miss i was angry and drunk.

I think if we can win the last two games we will be heading into the playoffs feeling good and confident which can do wonders. We have excellent forward depth that can cause some damage. its our D that need to be better outside of Suter and Brodin. Harding and Backstrom will be a great duo in the Playoffs i think. Really i think one more win will get us in as i dont see others catching when we are still three point up.

Our forward lines look like this now which i think is pretty good and deep.

Coyle-Koivu-Parise
Zucker-Cullen-Seto
P.M.B-Brodziak-Pomminville
Clutterbuck-Mitchell-Rupp/Granlund

I also think we match up well against either Van or the Ducks. We have split our series with Van. We outplayed the Ducks our last two games completely and they are showing signs of weakness. I think if we fall to 8th we can hang in there with Chicago. Just thoughts.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah. Fuck him and his dog.

1WH2mbl.jpg

I hope you feel bad now.

Socreges

Banned
VMan, I don't think you'll catch St. Louis. Looking like 7-9th. Probably Anaheim. Shame since I hate the idea of facing the Blues. Sharks are also a possibility, but they've had our number this year for some reason so that'd be even worse..

Vman

VMan, I don't think you'll catch St. Louis. Looking like 7-9th. Probably Anaheim. Shame since I hate the idea of facing the Blues. Sharks are also a possibility, but they've had our number this year for some reason so that'd be even worse..

Honestly,I think we stick in the 7th spot. Wish we played you guys cause it would be awesome to watch.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Oh god.
The Oilers suck. Again. :(
The Flames might even finish ahead of the Oilers. Again. :(
The Oilers are going to draft super high. Again. :)))))))))))))))

Acid08

Banned
Canucks didn't have Roy and Kesler was out for most if not all of those games. Still, I would feel okay going into a series with the Canucks.

Red_Man

Seeing as you're back now Socreges, I'd like to thank you for your beautiful reverse jinx that I can only assume has been the driving force behind the Habs great season, Vman on the other hand may not appreciate it as much:

Montreal will get worse and Minnesota will get better.

I'd like the opposite to be true, but alas.

Socreges

Banned
Seeing as you're back now Socreges, I'd like to thank you for your beautiful reverse jinx that I can only assume has been the driving force behind the Habs great season
From 6-3-1 on that date to 27-13-5. No change in win%. My bad. Surprised me and many others. Hoping for a Habs/Leafs match-up now which would be amazing.

Red_Man said:
Vman on the other hand may not appreciate it as much
You're confused here. I was right.

Minnesota. From 4-5-1 (11th seed, IIRC) on that date to 24-18-3 (7th seed).

I may not truly know the future at times. But at least I know the present.

So tonight confirms the fucking stupid pattern this season that anytime we actually do show up it's only against the best teams and that only happens half the time we play the best teams anyway. The fuck is wrong with this group.

Socreges

Banned
Hah. And this is what prompted my post about the Habs:

Boston is definitely the favourite for the NE, but both Ottawa / Montreal could make a run for it, but it's unlikely. Still lots of games left, all it takes is a big injury to a key player to knock a team out.

Red_Man

You're confused here. I was right.

Minnesota. From 4-5-1 (11th seed, IIRC) on that date to 24-18-3 (7th seed).

I may not truly know the future at times. But at least I know the present.
I thought Minny was doing better at that point. Still a better track record then Tabris so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom