• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Another thought:

With non-playoff teams, coaches also want to win. For pride, for their career win totals, for their resume (not having a 28th place blemish), etc.

It's the GMs/presidents/owners/etc that may want their team to lose. That's why they trade away their vets for picks at the deadline or avoid signing free agents during the offseason. I figure some GMs also pressure their coaches to bench vets, accomplishing two things: tanking and giving exp to prospects. Look at Calgary's scratches for tonight...

L Stempniak Scratched
M Cammalleri Scratched
B Carson Scratched
L Irving Scratched
T Jackman Scratched
M Backlund Scratched
M Stajan Scratched

Mr.Green

so-pissed.jpg

Solo

Disgusting. Habs suck and deserve to lose in the first round. No desperation and no heart. Congrats on not only making the playoffs but winning a round, Toronto.

Vman

With Dustin Brown as the perpetrator?

correct, Pomminville fell and was wobbling as he tried to get back to the bench. He is out and confused in the locker room. Brown charged up an elbow straight to his face. Clearest thing ever. Absolutely disgusting.

Socreges

Banned
correct, Pomminville fell and was wobbling as he tried to get back to the bench. He is out and confused in the locker room. Brown charged up an elbow straight to his face. Clearest thing ever. Absolutely disgusting.
Just saw this. Brown is a dirty, dirty fucking player. Hoping Pominville is alright. He's been great for Minny, sounds like

Solo

Negatives: everything
Positives: it will soon be over

How can a team be so good for 40 games and then become an ECHL team?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers are out-shooting the Panthers right now 30-9.

Having said that, I bet the Panthers take the lead again on this power play.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Best part about tonight is Chara scoring on his own net.

I didn't even smile at this post, Habs took all the happiness from me.

You guys in Quebec, and out east have it easy. I'll commit suicide if I have to listen to Leafs fan after they beat Montreal.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
:( Bybye Jets... it was nice to root for you.

East playoffs are basically set now, except for a couple positions. But the teams are pretty much set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom