• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Why would he name it Carter?

It'd be Pinkman. Or Heisenberg. Or possibly Tuco or Gus or Mike.

If you don't understand, watch Breaking Bad and also fuck you for not watching the greatest show currently on TV.

I just started watching West Wing, fuck off. Yes, I know I'm like 15 years late to the party, fuck off again. It's a great show, and I just never got around to it. And it's NOT known in Europe.

"Named" does not belong with the tense of the rest of the sentence.

Should be, "did you get a second dog and name him Carter?"

.. fair enough. That kind of makes sense, I suppose.

I just started watching West Wing, fuck off. Yes, I know I'm like 15 years late to the party, fuck off again. It's a great show, and I just never got around to it. And it's NOT known in Europe.

.. fair enough. That kind of makes sense, I suppose.

No it doesn't. But that is English for you.

I'm teaching Smelly a language Red. Free lessons.

Marvie_3

Banned
"Named" does not belong with the tense of the rest of the sentence.

Should be, "did you get a second dog and name him Carter?"

illB3m6Jyi88A.gif

CCF23

I watched like four episodes and got busy a few months ago. Was eh to me. Not bad but didn't blow me away.

Walking Dead I enjoyed season one. Two was shitty besides the last 2-3 episodes. 3 had some filler but was pretty good.

Were they the first four episodes? The show definitely gets better (though I thought the beginning was pretty awesome as well). There are some moments in the show that will leave you staring at your screen while the credits roll like "holy fuck". It's easily my favourite show. Bryan Cranston is an incredible actor.

Stop that. Watch Breaking Bad.

Smiley90

No it doesn't. But that is English for you.

I'm teaching Smelly a language Red. Free lessons.

I like how I'm the one getting grammar nazi'd but also the only not not offended.

No. I'm watching West Wing.

Send it to PM, no one gives a fuck. We get it, you're an English major, time to move on.

It's all that's making him feel better about having no career path, throw him a bone once in a while.

Were they the first four episodes? The show definitely gets better (though I thought the beginning was pretty awesome as well). There are some moments in the show that will leave you staring at your screen while the credits roll like "holy fuck". It's easily my favourite show.

The last show that had me staring at my screen was... None. I think Mass Effect 3's ending caused it. But none of that for shows.

And yeah, the first three.

CCF23

The last show that had me staring at my screen was... None. I think Mass Effect 3's ending caused it. But none of that for shows.

And yeah, the first three.

There's a couple episode endings of BB in particular I can think of that left me sitting there for a few minutes. Season 3 and beyond, mostly.

No. I'm watching West Wing.

Bad choice, Smelly.

There's a couple episode endings of BB in particular I can think of that left me sitting there for a few minutes. Season 3 and beyond, mostly.

Wonderful. I have to sit through three. :lol

I watched a few episodes of Dexter with my friend at her place back in... 2010? I liked it then. But I think it was Season 1. Does it go downhill?

Smiley90

Bad choice, Smelly.

Have you ever SEEN West Wing?

Plus, I really like (US/general) politics. So I'm into it anyway. Also, the show's actually really good.

Smiley90

Our political system is fucking ridiculous. Watch House of Cards of you like the West Wing. You'll love it.

House of Cards is about the political system, too? I don't know much about it beyond it being the Netflix-selfmade series. I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I have 7 season of West Wing to cover. :p

CCF23

Wonderful. I have to sit through three. :lol

I watched a few episodes of Dexter with my friend at her place back in... 2010? I liked it then. But I think it was Season 1. Does it go downhill?

I'm not sure. My girlfriend watched it. She was in love with the first few seasons. I didn't watch because I heard it gets really disappointing. She said it definitely gets worse as it goes on.

S3 ending of BB is one of the better season finales I can remember of any show.

I can't recommend the show enough.

Have you ever SEEN West Wing?

Plus, I really like (US/general) politics. So I'm into it anyway. Also, the show's actually really good.

Haven't seen West Wing. Don't doubt it's a good show. Do doubt it's in the same league as Breaking Bad.

House of Cards is about the political system, too? I don't know much about it beyond it being the Netflix-selfmade series. I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I have 7 season of West Wing to cover. :p

Yes. Very good look of the games that go on inside the political system.

I'm not sure. My girlfriend watched it. She was in love with the first few seasons. I didn't watch because I heard it gets really disappointing. She said it definitely gets worse as it goes on.

I can't recommend the show enough.

Haven't seen West Wing. Don't doubt it's a good show. Do doubt it's in the same league as Breaking Bad.

Huh. will have to ask my friend if she thought the same.

Smiley90

West Wing won 9 Emmies in its first season, 27 total awards won, 4th most of all tv series. (Over 7 seasons) Breaking Bad has 7 awards over the course... 4.5 seasons?

So... if I were you I wouldn't throw out that statement so easily.

Marvie_3

Banned
West Wing won 9 Emmies in its first season, 27 total awards won, 4th most of all tv series. (Over 7 seasons) Breaking Bad has 7 awards over the course... 4.5 seasons?

So... if I were you I wouldn't throw out that statement so easily.

The fact that the west wing won emmys over the sopranos just shows what a joke awards are.

Smiley90

The face that the west wing won emmys over the sopranos just shows what a joke awards are.

The fact that West Wing won more awards in its first season than Breaking Bad in its entire 4.5 seasons so far shows that you can't say "West Wing isn't even in the same league as Breaking Bad" as a generalized statement.

It's AT LEAST in the same league. I'm not saying the emmies are the best measure of quality, but if there's that much of a difference, that at least says something.

CCF23

I hate gifs where the words don't match up to what is being mouthed

Part of it is being mouthed. He's saying "CAN'T DO".

Using a Gif of a terribly overrated show to argue the point about another? Brilliant.

Breaking Bad is not overrated. Or are you talking about West Wing?

LOST is overrated, though, I agree...and I liked the first couple seasons of LOST and watched all the way through.

Smiley90

Okay fuck you too smelly

tumblr_mlgukggnLG1rrkbwwo4_250.gif

Part of it is being mouthed. He's saying "CAN'T DO".

LOST is overrated, though, I agree...and I liked the first couple seasons of LOST and watched all the way through.

:lol same in my gif, he says "Stand there in the wrongness". And I believe Red meant LOST, I got confused too. (hence the edit nvm post)

I've watched BB, House of Cards, Sherlock, 24, Homeland, The Wire, GoT, Walking Dead, etc. etc.

Best season/series finale by far goes to Spartacus. What a fucking amazing show. The series finale drains you emotionally, all while giving you a sustained boner for the entire 60 minutes due to how badass it is.

558066_10151587256926147_729442764_n.jpg

calder

Just finished the last eps of Hemlock Grove.

It kinda sucked. It was as bad as a show could be where I still watch 13 episodes in 3 days. Meh.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

I was referring to both Lost and TWW being overrated. BB is my personal "Best Show Ever", aside from Top Gear but I consider them separate.

CCF23

I think it's stupid to try and compare or judge between something like The Simpsons or Breaking Bad. Apples and oranges.

Smiley90

i7ASPyPxqRW52.gif

Note to self: Smelly's opinions about anything are now invalid

"Best Show Ever" sort of implies that any and all shows are included. ;)

:lol I ain't even mad. I've given up a long time ago caring about what other people think about my tastes. I've said it before, but the new Fall Out Boy album is also pretty good. Just in case you need more material to hate me for.

I've seen every Scrubs episode at least 3 times. It remains the funniest show I've seen. To be fair, I'm biased by liking pretty much anything to do with medicine.

CCF23

"Best Show Ever" sort of implies that any and all shows are included. ;)

Touche...I guess I'd say I would never name a "best show ever" because, like I said, I'd find it near impossible to compare something like The Simpsons to something like Breaking Bad.

"Barney's movie had heart, but football to the groin had a football to the groin"

:lol I ain't even mad. I've given up a long time ago caring about what other people think about my tastes. I've said it before, but the new Fall Out Boy album is also pretty good. Just in case you need more material to hate me for.

I'm going to pretend you never said that. It's best that way.

Smiley90

Touche...I guess I'd say I would never name a "best show ever" because, like I said, I'd find it near impossible to compare something like The Simpsons to something like Breaking Bad.

"Barney's movie had heart, but football to the groin had a football to the groin"

I'm going to pretend you never said that. It's best that way.

Colnk.gif

Like I said, ain't even mad though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As if late-night NHL-GAF wasn't weird enough, someone lists "Scrubs" as their favorite show.

The GAF mentality of having trouble comprehending that people have different tastes extends even into here, I see.

*ride a high horse with a glass of wine off into the sunset*

Marvie_3

Banned
The GAF mentality of having trouble comprehending that people have different tastes extends even into here, I see.

*ride a high horse with a glass of wine off into the sunset*

SJ take on LA while the Ducks take on the Wild and Detroit stay out at 9th?

I'd very much love that.
It appears that you're having trouble comprehending that people have different tastes in hockey teams. ;)

Solo

Jets are going to fucking destroy us tomorrow. Last regular season game in Winnipeg and they're in a dogfight for a playoff spot. It's possible that the Habs might not win another game this year, playoffs included. Feels bad man.

:_(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom