• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Jets are going to fucking destroy us tomorrow. Last regular season game in Winnipeg and they're in a dogfight for a playoff spot. It's possible that the Habs might not win another game this year, playoffs included. Feels bad man.

:_(

You'll always have those 20-whatever Cups to brag about that you weren't alive to see.

Alucard

Banned
Breaking Bad is great but The Shield is better.

Absolutely.
The+Shield+WWE+Ambrose,+Rollins+y+Reigns.jpg

LOST was a crazy roller coaster ride of entertainment, even if the later part was sort of disappointing. When it peaked it fucking peaked though (even if that was S1E4).

"Run" in BB was the most I've just sat staring at the TV in recent memory.

House of Cards is decent, but sort of lost something as the season went on. Southern Kevin Spacey is reason enough to keep watching I guess.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The GAF mentality of having trouble comprehending that people have different tastes extends even into here, I see.

*ride a high horse with a glass of wine off into the sunset*

There is nothing redeemable about Scrubs. It's not funny. It's not dramatic. I would have had the same emotional reaction watching a screen of static white noise for a half hour.

I understand people have different tastes. I'm not a fan of Breaking Bad, but I can see why people would like it. My favorite show is Seinfeld. I feel that it's brilliant, funny, and has great characters, but I can see why people wouldn't like it.

There is absolutely nothing about Scrubs that makes me say, "Hey, I can see why people like this."

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I used to a fan of Breaking Bad but the later seasons got worse for me. Now whoever recommended Deadwood and Justified is a good man.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If the Leafs want to have any thoughts of possibly taking 4th place it starts with a win tonight.

4 points back of Montreal with a game in hand (tonight). Leafs got Tampa tonight, Florida tomorrow and then Montreal to end the season on Saturday.

Montreal has a desperate Winnipeg tomorrow I believe and then finishes up with Toronto on Saturday.

We currently are leading in the first tiebreaker ROW; 25 to 24.

Leafs also need to win because those pesky Islanders are still creeping up behind us.

gaming_noob

Leafs will be sloppy in at least the first two periods. 4 day break. Carlyle let them golf for a day and they just clinched. They're usually sloppy enough in the first two periods under normal circumstances too.

Tampa is 5th in the league in GF. They can easily take advantage of that and score 4-5 goals.

Leafs will probably try to get back in it in the 3rd period, but I don't think they completely do this time. They'll score 3-4.

tldr: I'd say over.

That's what I think as well. Tonight might be an entertaining game if you're looking for goals. Both teams average more than 3 goals a game. I think gamblers are pounding the Over on this one..

I would like to see the Leafs steamroll through their last 3 games with the pressure off, but pretty sure that is not going to happen. Either way the final game against Montreal should be very interesting!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
For you gamblers it's probably best to pick the over.

Looks like Ben Bishop is starting tonight for the Lightning and as Cake Boss or anyone else on the Sens will tell you he seems to do fairly poorly against the Leafs for some reason.

Reimer is likely to start tonight...

NOW SOMEONE POST MY DAMN BANNER SO I CAN SAVE IT FOR THE FUTURE!

catrespondent signing off.

Looks like Ben Bishop is starting tonight for the Lightning and as Cake Boss or anyone else on the Sens will tell you he seems to do fairly poorly against the Leafs for some reason.

I'll be interested to see if it was us or Bishop. Because the Leafs gave him the name "Five-hole Bishop" when he played for us as far as I am concerned.

From the Greenmen Reddit AMA

Story time! The first time we brought a Vince Vaughn cutout the crowd went crazy. Some guy ran down to our seats saying he was friends with Vince and that Vince was watching the game in Chicago. Vaughn wanted us to remove the sign. The guy paid us $250 to take it from us. What he didn't know, was that we had a 2nd cutout waiting. So, ya Vince hates us.

vaughn-1.jpg

Curufinwe

I'm surprised that Mason has better stats so far in Philly than Bishop has in Tampa Bay. Glad we didn't give up Read for him.

It's looking like Karlsson is returning tomorrow, he is taking regular rushes at practice with his old partner before he went down.

Time to clinch the playoffs and GTFO out (and stay out) of 8th.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
I don't believe there's been any decision made just yet but I wouldn't be surprised if Erik Karlsson returns to OTT lineup tomorrow night.

Cake Boss

Banned
It's looking like Karlsson is returning tomorrow, he is taking regular rushes at practice with his old partner before he went down.

I don't believe there's been any decision made just yet but I wouldn't be surprised if Erik Karlsson returns to OTT lineup tomorrow night.

ib2daUjsVgz9kL.gif

gaming_noob

I'm still somewhat hesistant on going all-in for the Over tonight.. it may very well end up being a 3-2 game. Nonetheless I'm going to put $70 on the over tonight...

Solo

Leafs winning the division :lollolololol

That would deserve a thread in the OT

You may think I'm joking, but....

Leafs have 2 easy games against the Florida teams and the Montreal, who they've owned this year. Going 3-0 is not a stretch.

Habs have the fighting-for-playoffs Jets and the Leafs. Going 0-2 is not a stretch.

Boston is the wild card, but they have Tampa, the red hot Washington, and Ottawa jockeying for positioning. They'll probably beat Tampa though. But still, going 0-3 or 0-2-1 is not a stretch.

ShaneB

I'm just hoping the Rangers lose out and the Jets win against the Canadiens and make it in. Slim slim chances, but I'm keeping hope since I still feel bad cheering for a Caps win last night against the Jets :(

Samyy

Yiu may think I'm joking, but....

Leafs have 2 easy games against the Florida teams and the Montreal, who they've owned this year. Going 3-0 is not a stretch.

Habs have the fighting-for-playoffs Jets and the Leafs. Going 0-2 is not a stretch.

Boston is the wild card, but they have Tampa, the red hot Washington, and Ottawa jockeying for positioning. They'll probably beat Tampa though. But still, going 0-3 or 0-2-1 is not a stretch.

Were getting home ice and winning in 5

You may think I'm joking, but....

I know you aren't joking but I'm not getting my hopes up

Leafs have a good shot at the 4th seed

I love all the articles on the Leafs this season

Kessel needs to be traded, Phaneuf plays too much and is garbage, Leafs need Luongo to do anything, Kadri will be a fat bust

And now they are all positive and everything is peachy lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I said yesterday that Tinordi should replace Markov for the final two games to give him a rest, it may happen. I don't think Tinordi could do worse in the D zone.

Samyy

I know you aren't joking but I'm not getting my hopes up

Leafs have a good shot at the 4th seed

Kessel needs to be traded, Phaneuf plays too much and is garbage, Leafs need Luongo to do anything, Kadri will be a fat bust

We lose in the first round and your going to see all those articles again. Toronto media is fucking stupid.

Spl1nter

Damien Cox said the Leafs should trade O'rielly for Kessel straight up. He may of even mentioned the leafs needing to add to that deal.

Osorio

I'm just hoping the Rangers lose out and the Jets win against the Canadiens and make it in. Slim slim chances, but I'm keeping hope since I still feel bad cheering for a Caps win last night against the Jets :(

Doesn't look like the Canes are tanking and we'd definitely go for a win in their last game.

Samyy

TO and Montreal making the playoffs after last season should be seen as nothing but a successful season.

Yes but the media wont see it that way, its an excuse to play on the emotions of the fans, most of who expect far too much and lack any semblance of common sense.

Jachaos

So... If Columbus gets a point, this nightmare in Phoenix is over right?

Phoenix is already eliminated. There is no possible way for them to make the playoffs despite what some sites say. Just look at sportsclubstats. Sure when you look on the surface they can get 52 pts, but for that to qualify them for the playoffs, it means both Detroit and Columbus have to lose their remaining games. If they do, that means Dallas gets two wins (as they play Detroit and Columbus). Which means the Coyotes would be eliminated. So it is mathematically impossible for them to make it. 0 out of 8,212,055,260.

Osorio

Oh no doubt, both teams will be playing with something extra, wanting to play spoiler against the Rangers.

Canes played tough last night so they might be able to pull it through.

The salt in New Jersey is sky high after what happened this season. It's not fun to be a Devils fan when the Rangers beat us because a shit ton of Rangers fans are from New Jersey.

Kinda like the Ottawa-Leafs rivalry but worse.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I want to be in the playoffs tomorrow. Let's get in one way or another and get a chance to relax for a moment, let Biron get a start on Saturday to give Hank a break, and just enjoy the festivities around the home finale.

I don't like our chances if the Devils know they can eliminate us on Saturday.

Silexx

My predictions:

- Karlsson comes in game against WSH, but is held off score sheet.
- Chris Philips gets hattrick
- Cake Boss has crisis of faith and gives up drinking.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yes but the media wont see it that way, its an excuse to play on the emotions of the fans, most of who expect far too much and lack any semblance of common sense.

The media is loving the fact we've been outshot so badly the last 4 games. It gives them something negative to really talk about.

Other then that I seem to hear every morning "the book is out on James Reimer". I'm sure a lot of them are still cheesed we didn't pull the trigger on Luongo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom