• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

Also Bobrovsky numbers are even more impressive when you look at how Mason played when he was with the same team.

Tavares is doing the same with less of a team around him. I think he deserves it.

Because when you actually break down his numbers, they're not really as impressive as some other players. And he actually plays with a far better supporting cast than others who might get a nomination (Tavares, Bobrovsky, etc).
Ovechkin's supporting cast sucked ass until he lifted the team up with his play. It's really not a stacked team. Ribeiro and Brouwer are not exactly studs. The Isles are not really that bad a team, either.

The only reason to give it to Tavares is because you don't want Ovechkin to win it again. Which isn't necessarily a bad reason.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ovechkin's supporting cast sucked ass until he lifted the team up with his play. It's really not a stacked team. Ribeiro and Brouwer are not exactly studs. The Isles are not really that bad a team, either.

The only reason to give it to Tavares is because you don't want Ovechkin to win it again. Which isn't necessarily a bad reason.

Backstrom? Green? Better point producers than Tavares has to play with. Not to mention they play in the Atlantic, not the Southleast.

Fei

Too bad the Sabres didn't grab 8th. Our AHL talent would have swept the shitty Pens out of the playoffs and then lost to the first Southeast team we'd play. :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Two Florida teams and Montreal? Easy. All three are the Leafs' games to lose.
Same could be said for Boston's and Montreal's games, if anything the games from last night and this past week should discourage this kind of thinking.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Canes call up the misfit Staal who has 7 points in 52 AHL games :lol I'm guessing it's just a nice gesture seeing as they're out already.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Grabbed 2 tix for the first home game this afternoon... the old barn should be rocking!

I'll be at the first two home games, will have to buy off stubhub though. Credit card isn't gonna walk right for a week.

Agreed on Bailey/Frans/Okposo line too. Kyle's playing the best, most consistent hockey we've probably ever seen from him over the past few weeks.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
How much are you guys paying for Isles tickets?

I wanna know when I cry tomorrow over the Leafs tickets.

Missed the initial sale by like 15 minutes and couldnt get two seats together anywhere. So i'll be buying resale tickets and likely being raped financially. 90 bucks a seat for the upper section would be likely.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Missed the initial sale by like 15 minutes and couldnt get two seats together anywhere. So i'll be buying resale tickets and likely being raped financially. 90 bucks a seat for the upper section would be likely.

That's about the minimum price for a Canucks regular season ticket, if even :'(

Smiley90

thats the problem with success. No more $5 Islander tickets for me.

Worth every penny though. Playoffs!

I'm scared of Canucks pricing... Have they announced yet when the tickets go up? Not that I'll be able to grab any, but... worth trying...

Woo, I'm so excited.

edit: just 2 games for Brown? Bleh, fuckin pathetic.

Yeah, 2 games is pathetic. I guess they wanted him to be back for the playoffs. Stupid NHL.

Filth

Jared staal playing his first NHL game against the rangers. On his team will be his two brothers. Carolina to rename team to the Carolina Staals

Quick

Banned
For you gamblers it's probably best to pick the over.

Looks like Ben Bishop is starting tonight for the Lightning and as Cake Boss or anyone else on the Sens will tell you he seems to do fairly poorly against the Leafs for some reason.

Reimer is likely to start tonight...

NOW SOMEONE POST MY DAMN BANNER SO I CAN SAVE IT FOR THE FUTURE!

catrespondent signing off.

ibnBnYbk1FpXZP.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

My seat at the Garden that is normally $79 during the regular season costs $270 for the Stanley Cup Finals. And that's with the season subscriber discount. It's madness.

The Finals tickets are pretty sweet, though. Got my playoff ticket strips yesterday. So even if we don't get there, I can still pretend!

Socreges

Banned
I'd take Vishnovsky over Green any day. We all know Backstrom is good. It's still a pretty shallow team on paper.
But not as shallow as the Islanders. You'd take Visnovsky, sure... but the point was that Green helps out Ovechkin offensively more than Vis helps out Tavares.

I think an argument could be made for Ovi too, but saying "the only reason to give it to Tavares is because you don't want Ovechkin to win it again" is silly...

what the fuck

stupid Pominville
Joke?

Smiley90

I'm scared of Canucks pricing... Have they announced yet when the tickets go up? Not that I'll be able to grab any, but... worth trying...

Yeah, 2 games is pathetic. I guess they wanted him to be back for the playoffs. Stupid NHL.

Quoting myself for anyone else interested: Canucks playoff tickets go on sale Friday at noon. I might try get some... I'll see.

Clydefrog

But not as shallow as the Islanders. You'd take Visnovsky, sure... but the point was that Green helps out Ovechkin offensively more than Vis helps out Tavares.

I think an argument could be made for Ovi too, but saying "the only reason to give it to Tavares is because you don't want Ovechkin to win it again" is silly...

Joke?

dude, all my posts are jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom