• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spent the last couple of hours making electronic music. I don't even like electronic music. what the fuck

b3mWa.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

There is NEVER a good time for jenna marbles. ever. EVER. get that shit outta here. I am embarassed by the fact that I simply KNOW who she is already, I don't want to be exposed to her more than that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have spent the last couple of hours making electronic music. I don't even like electronic music. what the fuck
Feels good man.

Sucks that the only likeable Bruin is injured, but if it's for a while it will be in the Habs favor to hold onto the 1st in the Northbeast.

There is NEVER a good time for jenna marbles. ever. EVER. get that shit outta here. I am embarassed by the fact that I simply KNOW who she is already, I don't want to be exposed to her more than that.

HI
QUICK EDITING
SPASTIC EXPRESSION
STUPID WORD
QUICK EDITING
SO LIKE
QUICK EDITING
SPASTIC NOISE

You want some of that duckswin.gif puss.

Stick around til the end of the Stars game tomorrow then.

Unless this is one of those things where a team gets better after half of their star power gets traded away in trades.

Smiley90

HI
QUICK EDITING
SPASTIC EXPRESSION
STUPID WORD
QUICK EDITING
SO LIKE
QUICK EDITING
SPASTIC NOISE

SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A DIAMOND

One of my friends in tutorial once randomly said "Oh I totally heard about this in the Jenna Marbles video last week" and another random girl said "oh me too!" and they continued to talk about Jenna Marbles for the next 10 minutes. I nearly lost it.

Should I be glad I have no idea who Jenna Marbles is?

Yes. So. Very. Glad.

Acid08

Banned
Bowie's new album is pretty good. Has a couple legit hand on it. Of course measured against his previous works it isn't much.

Red_Man

Should I be glad I have no idea who Jenna Marbles is?
Depends on who you ask. If you're going through a mid life crisis like Smiley, then yes. If you're a normal guy who likes blondes with big tits then time to find out who she is.

2370-4888.gif

Acid08

Banned
There's a new Thermals record coming out soon, so fucking excited. And new Ghostface! I have the deluxe of that pre-ordered. It comes with a fucking cassette tape of remixes. How fucking dope is that?

Honestly Modern Vampires of the City is probably my most hyped album this year, the advance tracks haven't exactly been ace though. Maybe Phoenix can step in and save us.

Forgot about Ghostface, I have one Thermals album and I liked it (they were at the end of a Weeds episode and I checked them out because it kicked ass) so I should check it out.

New Streetlight Manifesto, Cudi, Vampire Weekend, Laura Stevenson and the Cans, and I'm sure other shit out pretty soon. A good time for music (hopefully)

What was the most recent album you were super hyped for and it met your unrealistic expectations? Classics of Love (new band by Jesse Michaels of Op Ivy) released their full length last year in February and I probably could not have been more pumped for it. When I listened to it I almost shit myself because it's basically perfect in my eyes.

Anyone else? I want to check out some new music

Acid08

Banned
You should check out all of The Thermals albums. They're all different and fucking amazing in their own way.

Titus Andronicus are super excellent. The Monitor should be required listening.

Forgot about Ghostface, I have one Thermals album and I liked it (they were at the end of a Weeds episode and I checked them out because it kicked ass) so I should check it out.

New Streetlight Manifesto, Cudi, Vampire Weekend, Laura Stevenson and the Cans, and I'm sure other shit out pretty soon. A good time for music (hopefully)

What was the most recent album you were super hyped for and it met your unrealistic expectations? Classics of Love (new band by Jesse Michaels of Op Ivy) released their full length last year in February and I probably could not have been more pumped for it. When I listened to it I almost shit myself because it's basically perfect in my eyes.

Anyone else? I want to check out some new music

Have you checked out Tame Impala?
They have two fantastic albums if your into more classic psychedelic shit.

My biggest disappointment of the last year is probably Bon Iver. They got hyped to me like crazy but I didn't see anything special.

You should check out all of The Thermals albums. They're all different and fucking amazing in their own way.

Titus Andronicus are super excellent. The Monitor should be required listening.

I'll do that. Are there any albums that are in the same style of their song "Titus Andronicus"? I love the energy that song carries but from the rest of the stuff I heard it's a little bit slower or different.

I listened to their newest album and I was so sad. Everyone was hyping the shit out of it and I couldn't even finish it. Maybe I'll try it again

Have you checked out Tame Impala?
They have two fantastic albums if your into more classic psychedelic shit.

My biggest disappointment of the last year is probably Bon Iver. They got hyped to me like crazy but I didn't see anything special.

I'll check it out. I'm down for pretty much anything at this point

Clydefrog

YP0VZa9.gif

Fuck Shane Doan, Fuck Phoenix
Fuck the NHL as a staff, record label and as a motherfucking crew
And if you want to be down with the NHL, then fuck you too

I don't know how to bring this up without sounding like a pretentious douche, but there was a topic in OT recently that was something like "albums you can listen to all the way through". When I put something on, 99% it'll be from one point or another in the album and it'll play all the way through. It was just weird (to me) to see people having like a couple albums to list for this concept

Acid08

Banned
I'll do that. Are there any albums that are in the same style of their song "Titus Andronicus"? I love the energy that song carries but from the rest of the stuff I heard it's a little bit slower or different.

I listened to their newest album and I was so sad. Everyone was hyping the shit out of it and I couldn't even finish it. Maybe I'll try it again

I'll check it out. I'm down for pretty much anything at this point
Aww man, I loved Local Business. Took a bit to grow on me though. If you like that one song then check out their self titled debut, it's all in that same style.

The Monitor is next level shit in every regard though. The lyrics really hit that lonely, fucked up early twenties vibe. The actual music is much more complex and beautiful. It's also a lightweight concept album about the Civil War. One of my all time favorites.

I don't know how to bring this up without sounding like a pretentious douche, but there was a topic in OT recently that was something like "albums you can listen to all the way through". When I put something on, 99% it'll be from one point or another in the album and it'll play all the way through. It was just weird (to me) to see people having like a couple albums to list for this concept

I'm pretty much the same way. I only make the rare exception for songs I truly hate on great albums. (I'm looking at you Warning Sign

Aww man, I loved Local Business. Took a bit to grow on me though. If you like that one song then check out their self titled debut, it's all in that same style.

The Monitor is next level shit in every regard though. The lyrics really hit that lonely, fucked up early twenties vibe. The actual music is much more complex and beautiful. It's also a lightweight concept album about the Civil War. One of my all time favorites.

I'll listen to the Monitor. I will check out Local Business, and I'll never count out the possibility of me digging it down the line if I don't on the second listening. It took me like four years to finally get into Fucked Up and I absolutely hated Gaslight's Sink or Swim for a couple years too. It's weird how things can click in your brain

Red_Man

Thinking I'll wake up at 10 /11 tomorrow, no real trades go down before then anyways.

Random question, but do any of you ride motorbikes? I've always wanted one. Now looking at them, not sure where to start. Not sure if I should start off with a 600 right away, or get a Ninja 300.

EDIT: I'm 5'10 and not too heavy, so I don't wanna get a bike that's too heavy/strong for me.

A 600cc wouldn't be heavy but would have a lot more balls than a 300. If it's your first I think you will have more than enough to start with a 300. You still get a lot more power for 300cc on a crotch rocket than a regular bike too. And unless things are completely backwards in canada, they hold their value extremely extremely well since there is constantly people looking for them. You'll likely drop your bike at least once so I would recommend a 250 or 300 used for a first bike and when you're tired of that you can buy a new one but it's up to you. I got a used 250 as my first bike and I love it to death. It's still as quick as most cruisers, crotch rockets can get going pretty fast.

I don't feel like dying, so no.

There's literally no way to live through that. It's like when me and some friends tried doing shots whenever they curse in pulp fiction. It's not possible.

Smiley90

I'm so fucking excited

about a day of Luongo rumours with nothing happening? why?

A 600cc wouldn't be heavy but would have a lot more balls than a 300. If it's your first I think you will have more than enough to start with a 300. You still get a lot more power for 300cc on a crotch rocket than a regular bike too. And unless things are completely backwards in canada, they hold their value extremely extremely well since there is constantly people looking for them. You'll likely drop your bike at least once so I would recommend a 250 or 300 used for a first bike and when you're tired of that you can buy a new one but it's up to you. I got a used 250 as my first bike and I love it to death. It's still as quick as most cruisers, crotch rockets can get going pretty fast.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Get a 250/300used, see how it is, learn how to drive it, thenI can always upgrade later on if I like it that much. Also less of a "waste" of money if i end up not liking it.

Marvie_3

Banned
So apparently Bollig and Smith weren't even listed on the roster/lineup in Rockford tonight.

also.

Who the fuck would want bollig
Smith is injured.

Bollig was "sent down" but isn't going to report to Rockford. He's just there until Montador and Olesz clear waivers again.

Thinking I'll wake up at 10 /11 tomorrow, no real trades go down before then anyways.
Im getting up at 6am to start drinking and prepping for all the big trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom