• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way to solve this is to come back to this thread in 2014.

But I don't want any excuses like "I didn't realize that Detroit would have some no names come up through their system and score a bunch of goals on my shitty team.". You take the onus on of not knowing what you're talking about with hockey.

Ottawa literally has an identical coaching style and a easily superior prospect pool compared to Detroit. (and better goaltending).

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

CCF23

Tabris, take my bet if you're so confident in Detroit beating Chicago. I would LOVE a playoffs with no "DESTINY" bullshit.

Solo

2013 Detroit >>> Toronto & Montreal. Is slightly better than non-Tim Thomas Boston.

zmPFF.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I have to break my anger and silence to just laugh for a minute at some of these "predicitons" by Tabris for Detroit...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*OK, going back to being miserable....

:'(

I'm sorry Crazed....

I tried to tell ya, Lidstrom was just too big a loss.

It's not like the Wings are BAD, but any team losing someone like him just wouldn't be the same. You have some elite forwards, but the defense is sorely lacking, and we've disagreed on Howard in the past, but I will say again, he's not an elite goalie.

You guys are a year older and Brunner has been fantastic, but he can't carry the team like Lidstrom can.

Will they be top in the division and destroying the East?
ib1XqlBKRUU4eD.gif

Will they be better than the shitty southLEAST teams and the bottom feeders of this? Yes.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
East has more of the elite forwards, but that doesn't mean the forwards are better on average. The higher GF could be due to slightly worse defending, goaltending, or just different coaching. Or yeah, more skilled forwards.

But it's impossible to know without inter-conference play. For the last several years the West has been, without a doubt, the superior conference on average. The East has narrowed that gap, though, and maybe even closed it altogether.

Regardless, Detroit is not going to do any better next season in the East unless they address their problems.

Get your logic outta here

The Leafs have a winning record versus the west the last two years but apparently they are the worst team ever in the history of hockey so the west must really suck.

Curufinwe

And what you will see with Detroit is top level coaching and a system that will grind east coast style offences to a halt. The possession game. They won't be able to do those quick counterattacks when you are being grinded against the boards with the defence in pinch in/covered by winger positioning.

That didn't happen when they had Listrom and played Eastern teams, so I'm not sure why you think it will happen without him and soon without Datsyuk.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd be quite content with St. Louis winning the scoring title. He's like Datysuk, I don't know how anyone could dislike him.

CCF23

Let the record show that Tabris has no confidence in his "Tabris guarantee".

At least he's consistent with the rest of us.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Cap lowers next season, dude, not this one.

Leafs are a cap team, too so I don't understand your confusion.

You guys seem to be in worse position, but you're right it goes down next year so there's plenty of time to get into compliance.

I just thought it was worse than it is. (still not great though)

CCF23

You guys seem to be in worse position, but you're right it goes down next year so there's plenty of time to get into compliance.

I just thought it was worse than it is. (still not great though)

At least two of Booth, Ballard, and Luongo won't be on the Canucks roster in October.

What the fuck is wrong with the camera in this Detroit/LA game? Anyone else getting the camera stuttering?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
At least two of Booth, Ballard, and Luongo won't be on the Canucks roster in October.

What the fuck is wrong with the camera in this Detroit/LA game? Anyone else getting the camera stuttering?

Still confident Luongo will be traded, eh? That would help greatly.

THOSE CHEERS! HOME GAME!

Tabris

Anyways, here's the Tabris Guarantee list so far:

1) Detroit knocks out Chicago in any round they may play.
2) NY Islanders knocks out Pittsburgh in any round they may play.
3) NY Islanders will make it to the same round or further than the Pittsburgh Penguins.
4) Detroit wins the division next year.
5) Shea Weber regrets not being asked to be traded to the Vancouver Canucks, to be a part of the dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom