• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
2013 Detroit >>> Toronto & Montreal. Is slightly better than non-Tim Thomas Boston.

ibzVh2Hd0UjqNU.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know that Detroit will destroy the Eastern conference but that's because Detroit has just lost Lidstrom, Rafalski, Holmstrom, Bertuzzi and more, without having the replacements to dominate the league like they've done the last couple decades. As it stands right now they haven't clinched a playoff spot so you can't expect a middle-of-the-pack Western team to set the East ablaze. Still, even if the East is getting better, I feel the West will still have the advantage next season, despite being due to having an inferior year.

:(

It's more fun when you don't have to spell it out....

Tabris

i want to see your magical data

Season West East
'11-12 313 305
'10-11 324 291
'09-10 338 267
'08-09 308 206
'07-08 180 150
'06-07 184 155
'05-06 177 160

=/

Someone already posted some of it for me.

EDIT - Here's some stats I had already posted for you:

NW is the worst division right now, together with the SE. If anything, our points are inflated.
What time is it? It's stat time!!

1094 Goals scored in the East = 73 goals per team on average
1001 Goals scored in the West = 67 goals per team on average

6 goal differential per team on average.

Face it, it's easier to score in the east. Stats are inflated in the east compared to the west and if those east players like Stamkos and Crosby were on a western team, their point totals would be lower. Still would be amazing but tougher to score in west.

Also the difference between NW and SE is 350 goals against vs 392 goals against

42 goal differential. 8 goals on average per team.

And what you will see with Detroit is top level coaching and a system that will grind east coast style offences to a halt. The possession game. They won't be able to do those quick counterattacks when you are being grinded against the boards with the defence in pinch in/covered by winger positioning.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Honestly it's the same thing every time and you guys keep fueling him.

Tabris comes in says something nobody agrees with.

Everyone laughs or calls him out

Tabris continues saying it

Everyone continues to laugh or try to argue with him to no avail for a few pages.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Someone already posted some of it for me.

EDIT - Here's some stats I had already posted for you:

oh hey

the conference with the most skilled players tend to score more than the conference with less skilled players

ITS MAGIC

and then

it balances out with BETTER DEFENSE

Acid08

Banned
Honestly it's the same thing every time and you guys keep fueling him.

Tabris comes in says something nobody agrees with.

Everyone laughs or calls him out

Tabris continues saying it

Everyone continues to laugh or try to argue with him to no avail for a few pages.
I agree with you, Kat_Man. Shit is more boring than watching the Nashville Predators.

cube444

And what you will see with Detroit is top level coaching and a system that will grind east coast style offences to a halt. The possession game.

All I see is an aging core that will be another year older. Detroit would have been scary coming over 5-7 years ago. Right now zero fucks are given.

TUSR

Banned
Maple leafs fans sure love to post a lot during their games

You guys belong at Rogers arena on your smart phones during play

And what you will see with Detroit is top level coaching and a system that will grind east coast style offences to a halt. The possession game. They won't be able to do those quick counterattacks when you are being grinded against the boards with the defence in pinch in/covered by winger positioning.

Newsflash: We play the exact same system since our coach and his playbook are from Detroit.

Socreges

Banned
East has more of the elite forwards, but that doesn't mean the forwards are better on average. The higher GF could be due to slightly worse defending, goaltending, or just different coaching. Or yeah, more skilled forwards.

But it's impossible to know without inter-conference play. For the last several years the West has been, without a doubt, the superior conference on average. The East has narrowed that gap, though, and maybe even closed it altogether.

Regardless, Detroit is not going to do any better next season in the East unless they address their problems.

Tabris

Only way to solve this is to come back to this thread in 2014.

But I don't want any excuses like "I didn't realize that Detroit would have some no names come up through their system and score a bunch of goals on my shitty team.". You take the onus on of not knowing what you're talking about with hockey.

Socreges

Banned

But I don't want any excuses like "I didn't realize that Detroit would have some no names come up through their system and score a bunch of goals on my shitty team.". You take the onus on of not knowing what you're talking about with hockey.
You first.

I have to break my anger and silence to just laugh for a minute at some of these "predictions" by Tabris for Detroit...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*OK, going back to being miserable....

Edit: as much as I would like it, Detroit is going nowhere my friend even if they somehow make it by winning these last three games.

Tabris

Nah I only felt that way before because it seemed people were unfairly bullying him. Here people are disagreeing with him and being generally civil about it (Red_Man pushing it but who cares).

Yeah, I don't mind what anyone's doing here. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. I actually like to debate, especially when someone will get into instead of just waving it off. Socreges and CCF23 (depending on his mood) is great for that.

Red_Man and Dastardly take it too far with the name calling, a bit overboard and immature.

cube444

You should be less worried about Detroit and more worried about a closing window with two twins in the twilight of their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom