• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCF23

BIrd5gACUAAnAnv.jpg

Nice taste in alcohol, baldy.

Edit: LOL

Per @kevinisingoal some suggestion that Ducks may have to ice Getzlaf tonight after all. Word is Bonino questionable with the flu

TUSR

Banned
My brother's workplace has a hockey pool with the following conditions: pick 12 players (6 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies) while remaining under the salary cap of $100 million (hah).

I told him to pick Patrick Kane, Ovechkin, Subban, and Faasth. Any other mandatory picks? I think the pool values goals/points and wins/shutouts and doesn't look at anything else.

100 million for 12 players...

I summed up the 6 highest cap hits for forwards, 4 highest for defense and the 2 highest for goalies.

And got $94,129,215

You can literally pick any player in the NHL and get under the $100M mark.

Now if we are talking salary for the year, thats a bit different.

Nice taste in alcohol, baldy.

Edit: LOL

Looks like he got iced. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icing_(game)

calder

That 12 player thing I'd probably go...

Unless the Jets pull a horseshoe out their ass and sneak into 8th, in which case - and I'm not even remotely joking - everyone should get every Penguin they possibly can. Hurt Penguins, retired Penguins, actual penguins from the zoo, whatever. Even assuming a sweep Malkin alone would have probably 20 points after the first round.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The whole process of icing someone and getting iced is really stupid, I wasn't aware guys in their 30's did it as well.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The whole process of icing someone and getting iced is really stupid, I wasn't aware guys in their 30's did it as well.

Shit is so stupid.

2 summers ago I was the elder statesman of a team of 22/23 year olds, they were doing this shit non-stop.

Acid08

Banned
Shit is so stupid.

2 summers ago I was the elder statesman of a team of 22/23 year olds, they were doing this shit non-stop.
It's always white guys in tank tops and snapbacks doing that shit at parties. After they're done icing each other they just do shots of Jaeger, which is also shit.

Red_Man

Habs game starts at 8? The fuck? I gotta go out at 9 this is some bullshit. Pretty sure it's the only 8 pm game all year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Detroit win or OT plus a Columbus regulation loss = 22 straight years

fallout

Habs game starts at 8? The fuck? I gotta go out at 9 this is some bullshit. Pretty sure it's the only 8 pm game all year.
This may surprise you, but there are teams in the NHL which don't play in the Eastern time zone.

(although, as ZeroGravity correctly points, almost all are in the Western Conference)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So now Bish wants to cheer for the Jets?

Winnipeg, give Montreal a point so they can stop worrying about home ice and rest anyone important for their last game.

Red_Man

This may surprise you, but there are teams in the NHL which don't play in the Eastern time zone.

(although, as ZeroGravity correctly points, almost all are in the Western Conference)
Time zones outside of the Eastern one don't count / Tabris

Solo

Man I wish the Habs/Jets game were earlier. Probably only get to see the first and maybe a bit of the second before I gotta run.

Then again, if its like our recent games, it will be 4-0 Jets by that time already and I won't be missing anything.

TUSR

Banned
Man I wish the Habs/Jets game were earlier. Probably only get to see the first and maybe a bit of the second before I gotta run.

Then again, if its like our recent games, it will be 4-0 Jets by that time already and I won't be missing anything.

Tonight is the most exciting night in the NHL besides the opening day.

Literally running or figuratively?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I hope FJ is right. Definitely going to watch. Jets will be playing hard so it will curious to see how the Habs respond.

Heretic

There's no way that's real. I know bitches be crazy, but no.fucking.way.

That was painful.

Though while she was waiting at his house I would've texted something like:

"I need your advice on something"

*waits for reply*

"I have four to a flush on the turn, do I push all in or value bet?"

Girls like that exist. I hope you never have to deal with one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom