• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Why dont you talk to her, take her out to a nice dinner and then drop her home at a reasonable time after enjoying a pleasant evening of conversation.

ibdPZnWBS1l7zw.gif

Erik Karlsson mention to media that he doesnt feel as good skating before, but hope to help the team either way. He expect to play 10 minutes.

Vigneault discussing Schneider's "body injury"

Canucks org has always been the best at ambiguously describing injuries. Favourite was when someone had diarrhea and it was put down as a "lower body injury"

Whats the top6 gonna look like?

Ballard in for Sestito is a maybe.

I think the lines will be:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Kesler
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen
Kassian-Ebbett-Sestito/Ballard
Weise

Hamhuis-Garrison
Edler-Corrado
Alberts-Barker/Joslin

Luongo
Cannata

Ducks will rest Getzlaf, Selanne, and Koivu.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sens won't make it past the first round regardless, I don't get why Karlsson doesn't just skip this season and make sure he's 150% for next season.

Socreges

Banned
Is everyone in the new AD? Sure seems like it.
Guest stars known so far:

Mae Whitman, Andy Richter, Liza Minelli, Carl Weathers, Judy Greer, Scott Baio and Henry Winkler will all be back, and newcomers Kristen Wiig, Seth Rogen, Isla Fisher, Terry Crews, John Slattery, Conan O’Brien and the cast of “Workaholics.”

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kristo has been chosen to be on the American team for the Worlds. I'm pretty surprised, that's awesome for him.

Cake Boss

Banned
The long term health of your best defenseman is worth more then a single round of playoffs, but maybe that's just me thinking that.

I think the experienced doctors know what they are doing.

He already said that there is no chance he can tear it up again, unless he gets cut.

Socreges

Banned
Sens won't make it past the first round regardless, I don't get why Karlsson doesn't just skip this season and make sure he's 150% for next season.

The long term health of your best defenseman is worth more then a single round of playoffs, but maybe that's just me thinking that.
If Karlsson is cleared to play, his achilles tendon is not going to be at risk

You're talking nonsense

Heretic

Oh no you posted a story about Nick Schultz by mistake!

sorry, but that shit was so funny I couldn't resist
No one watches the oilers play and they have two players that play on the same line with the same last name. Its not like they only boo'd Nick. Both were boo'd for like the first 5 minutes.

Socreges

Banned
More risk of pulling a groin from not being in game shape.
He's followed the same process as anyone else returning from injury that needs to get back in game shape. Skated on his own, cleared for contact, practiced with team several times, and presumably has been allowed to play since they've judged him to be in game shape.

Would suck if they miss the playoffs now, the way they've started to play kinda has me thinking they could even avoid being swept in the 1st round if they get in..

You know this is what they have done to us this entire season right? Hopes go up only to shatter them in a heaping pile of flames and debris.

You stop posting until the offseason thread?

I posted that one post how I still hate everyone in that thread, but then decided to watch the game yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that the team actually looked like they cared and seemed to be playing hockey instead of standing there looking around. So despite what happens these next two games, I'm going to down with the ship if worse comes to worse.

please keep up the play, I miss this Red Wings team, the one that has energy and wants to play hockey, the other one is only good for putting you to sleep

Edit: Plus I will admit that the stress of work mixed with the stress of the Wings the last few weeks probably wasn't the best for me, but work is starting to clear up so I feel better now.

Last year we supposed to be dead last and the Rangers were supposed to sweep us. This year we were supposed to be done after our injuries.

We've made it this far, why stop now ?

Not saying we'll make it past the first round but you'll never know.

As CB said if he was at risk he would not be returning now. Plus Cowen has also come back early from what was supposed to be a season ending injury and he is fine so it's not like this is a first.

Montresor

My brother's workplace has a hockey pool with the following conditions: pick 12 players (6 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies) while remaining under the salary cap of $100 million (hah).

I told him to pick Patrick Kane, Ovechkin, Subban, and Faasth. Any other mandatory picks? I think the pool values goals/points and wins/shutouts and doesn't look at anything else.

CCF23

My brother's workplace has a hockey pool with the following conditions: pick 12 players (6 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies) while remaining under the salary cap of $100 million (hah).

I told him to pick Patrick Kane, Ovechkin, Subban, and Faasth. Any other mandatory picks? I think the pool values goals/points and wins/shutouts and doesn't look at anything else.

Playoff pool? Can you change your players by round or are you locked in?

If you're locked in I'd stay away from guys like Ovi and Subban who may not even make it past round 1.

Stick with players from teams you think will end up in at least the conference finals.

Heretic

So our last two games before the playoffs are essentially against two AHL teams, the Norfolk Admirals and Edmonton Oilers. Shit

We have great prospects. Both of the call-ups have played a couple of games here. We won't go down that easy!

Care for a little wager?

Merguson

Banned
Playoff pool? Can you change your players by round or are you locked in?

If you're locked in I'd stay away from guys like Ovi and Subban who may not even make it past round 1.

Stick with players from teams you think will end up in at least the conference finals.

Reminds me of this one time that someone basically picked all Carolina players and won the pool because that was the year the Hurricanes won the cup.

CCF23

Reminds me of this one time that someone basically picked all Carolina players and won the pool because that was the year the Hurricanes won the cup.

I won my playoff pool last year because there was a massive run on Penguins so by the 5th or 6th round all the best Flyers players were still there so I said "fuck it" and picked Giroux/Simmonds/Read/etc.

Even though they got knocked out, it paced me to enough of a lead where I held on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom