• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

i9BurgZZ1PwHV.gif
I don't know why but I picture you looking kind of like him.

Hahaha! At least you were visible this season unlike other "fans"

I've actually been kinda bummed how little I've been able to post this season. Since the lockout began I've started two new jobs so life has been kind of hectic. Kinda hoping things slow down a bit by the time next year starts.
When the Flyers come back to wreak havoc on the entire league!..... ok probably not :(

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I feel like you guys have the best chance of the three against the Pens, so I'd be happy if you stayed right where you are, thanks.

I think we have a decent chance against the Pens too, probably slightly better than the Rags and about the same as the Sens, but I just hate the Pens fans who come to Nassau and pollute our stadium with their dickishness. At least Bruins fans are cool most of the time.

This is stupid. Losing in regulation is the same thing as losing in OT or a shootout.

EDIT: And honestly, I'm starting to think Flyers fans here just have higher expectations than say the Sens fans because we're USED to icing good teams rather than just mediocre ones. There were points this year when the Flyers have been piss poor, but they've had some really great nights too. We're a mediocre team in this league (particularly the east), and while we say the team "sucks" like I often do it's because it is nowhere near our expectations and is showing serious signs for concern for the future, not because the level of play is that far below the Isles, Rangers, Sens, Caps, and Devils.

In the last ten years?

The fuck are you on today.

I think we have a decent chance against the Pens too, probably slightly better than the Rags and about the same as the Sens, but I just hate the Pens fans who come to Nassau and pollute our stadium with their dickishness. At least Bruins fans are cool most of the time.

They pollute the Bank whenever they play here too. They don't have the numbers of Toronto but they're just as obnoxious.

I think we have a chance at an upset against the pens but we tend to lose our discipline against them (for obvious reasons) whereas the Capitals seem to be the ones who lose their cool against us.

We need 3/4 points to lock down the 6th seed and I think we can take it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Teams I think the Rangers can't beat in a series: Penguins, Canadiens, Senators
Teams I think the Rangers can beat in a series: Bruins, Capitals, Maple Leafs, Islanders

Penguins just run wild on us, that one trade deadline game a few weeks ago notwithstanding. We are literally incapable of scoring in Montreal and haven't been able to score a single goal, let alone win, there for YEARS now. The Sens just seem to have our number, though I think that would be another great series (could be a second round matchup if all three of the 6-8 teams get through).

My first choice for round one would be the Bruins, second choice the Caps. I would probably pick the Caps first if Ovechkin wasn't playing out of his mind right now.

Though I have to say, if we could by some miracle beat the Montreal curse in the opening round, the team might have so much confidence there might be no stopping them the rest of the way. That's kind of the pipe dream for that matchup.

Canuck76

Banned
Go by ROW, then head to head record, then goal differential. Shootouts and OTL are useless. The shootout is one of the worst things to ever happen to the sport. At most those games should be 1-point games where the winner gets one point and the loser gets nothing.

Flyers would be fighting for the eight spot. Winnipeg would be in. Devs would be deader than a doornail.

THAT'S EH HOCKEY YOU KNOW IT'S ONLY-IT'S ONLY GAME

WHY YOU HAVE TO BE MAD?

Slurmer

Banned
I've actually been kinda bummed how little I've been able to post this season. Since the lockout began I've started two new jobs so life has been kind of hectic. Kinda hoping things slow down a bit by the time next year starts.
When the Flyers come back to wreak havoc on the entire league!..... ok probably not :(
I just thought you hated yankeehater and left

Sanjuro

The Boston - Montreal - Toronto dynamic is kind of interesting. There really isn't a huge rivalry between us and the Leaves. It's an interesting "now kiss" scenario.

Solo

The Boston - Montreal - Toronto dynamic is kind of interesting. There really isn't a huge rivalry between us and the Leaves. It's an interesting "now kiss" scenario.

If B's lose a game and Habs beat Leafs and we gets Leafs/B's round 1, I'm ALL IN for a B's/Habs ECF.

lupinko

Nope, Loafs' natural (but long forgotten) rivalry is with the Red Hot Wings, which will resume once again with realignment.

Solo

Calling it now if Ottawa stays in 6th they will "shock" the world and beat the Caps.

BOOK IT.

Sens could end up with more points!

Nope, Loafs' natural (but long forgotten) rivalry is with the Red Hot Wings, which will resume once again with realignment.

To be fair too, Habs/Leafs rivalry doesn't really exist (and hasn't my whole life) outside of fans/media.

The only two true Habs rivalries I've witnessed in my life were the Nordiques in the early 90's, and the big one, Boston from 2002-present. Habs/B's have met in the playoffs 5 times in the last 11 years. Insane. 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011.

Sanjuro

To be fair too, Habs/Leafs rivalry doesn't really exist (and hasn't my whole life) outside of fans/media.

The only two true Habs rivalries I've witnessed in my life were the Nordiques in the early 90's, and the big one, Boston from 2002-present. Habs/B's have met in the playoffs 5 times in the last 11 years. Insane. 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011.

I go back a bit farther. Beat up on you guys a bit in the late/early 80s/90s. Seemed like we were always playing the Habs.

lupinko

Yep, I always saw the Habs/Leafs rivalry as more of a city of Montreal/Toronto thing or a French-Canada/English-Canada thing.

Solo

I think my favorite of those series' was 2002. Habs were 8 seed, Bruins a 1 seed. We were huge underdogs. Theodore stood on hit head. The McLaren/Zednik incident. Classic stuff.

Solo

RE: tiebreakers in the event Habs/Bs end up tied at 61/62/63 points:

1. Greater number of regulation wins - Montreal leads 25-24; if that doesn't settle it, then
2. Better record against each other - Montreal leads 3-1; if that doesn't settle it, then
3. Better goal differential - Boston leads +25-+20

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think my favorite of those series' was 2002. Habs were 8 seed, Bruins a 1 seed. We were huge underdogs. Theodore stood on hit head. The McLaren/Zednik incident. Classic stuff.

Zednik was never the same after that hit. Avoided contact at every opportunity.

Nope. And Ovechkin will score the series winner on a shot that blasts through Karlsson's poorly healed Achilles.

Anderson is out of the net and the only guy there to stop the puck is Karlsson. Ovi lobs the puck over his head into the goal because Karlsson can't jump high enough to stop it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The Leafs haven't really had much of any rivalries in the 20+ years I've been watching. Any rivalries have mostly been one sided.

Toronto vs. Ottawa happened 4 times but we beat them all 4 times so it takes away a bit of the rivalry factor on our end. A Sens fan can chip in on this if they wish.

Otherwise Philadelphia vs. Toronto again was onesided for Philly for the most part. I just always remember them being the team we could not beat when we had Belfour.

Boston vs. Toronto now but as the previous it's more viewed on our side while I'm sure Boston doesn't give much of a shit about it after making us grab our ankles for what felt like a million games in a row.

One I am sad a huge rivalry never took off from was the Islanders, that one series we had against them was ridiculous.

Too bad the Jets didn't make it.

I hope Columbus makes it.

Minnesota could still miss the playoffs.

I don't think the Sharks would be an easier opponent than the Kings, but they're a smaller, skilled team that matches up well with the Canucks. Series would be decided by who chokes more.

Solo

It will be Crosby, St. Louis and Tavares, withe the possibility of either Ovi or Bobrovsky stealing St. Louis' spot.

Too bad the Jets didn't make it.

I hope Columbus makes it.

Minnesota could still miss the playoffs.

I don't think the Sharks would be an easier opponent than the Kings, but they're a smaller, skilled team that matches up well with the Canucks. Series would be decided by who chokes more.

Truly a duel of champions then.

I'm going to be a wreck tomorrow before the game starts, all comes down to the last game of the year, hoping somehow the Oilers can win in regulation today and the Avs beat Minny in regulation tomorrow, along with Columbus losing, doubt any of that will happen though so it is up to Detroit to get at least a point, unfortunately they have failed to play good for 4 games in a row this season, they better just come out flying and do not look back.

Acid08

Banned
Well if you take the Leafs out of the picture the Sens are only average chokers.

The Sharks are in a league of their own.
You actually have to make it to the playoffs to be chokers, Leafs don't count.

And don't be so modest, the Sens have been choking for exactly as long as the Sharks have.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So... What did I miss last night that's not reflected in the scores?

Jets definitely eliminated boo.

CBJ won, but... Detroit won too, eeeeh.

Florida being Florida.

Boston on track to win the Northeast?

Canucks lost -shrugs-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom