• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dude it was Gretzky. Only man to score over 200 points a season. The most unbreakable record ever in NHL. Crosby's super mega top potential is probably around 140.

No. Gretzky's career point total is the most unbreakable record ever.

• Habs/Leafs game tomorrow
  • Potential salt if Detroit doesn't make playoffs
  • Bruins/Sens one day after the season ends

We at least got this which should easily cover 1000 posts.
500 of those will probably be smelly's.

Sanjuro

maybe, but no one will ever come close to 200 either.

Kessel will. Dude already has a cup.

73tRubg.jpg

Heretic

Hahaha this is awesome. I love it when players show their passion for wins/the sport.

Anyone else have anymore moments like these? I love seeing the Stanley Cup playoff ones where they're interviewing the champs and they can't hold back their tears. Like the Teemu one :')

• Habs/Leafs game tomorrow
    [*]Potential salt if Detroit doesn't make playoffs
  • Bruins/Sens one day after the season ends

We at least got this which should easily cover 1000 posts.

I promise to bump it over 1000 if they lose and miss because CBJ and Minny win, I will provide enough salt that will fill the Great Lakes!!*

*salt posts will depend on if suicide pills work or not :p

I better start preparing a backup rant post of some kind now I guess...

The Flyers have been a level below NYI, NYR and Ottawa all season, even when the Senators had more injuries.

When Philly was mostly healthy the coach ran a press forecheck and encouraged the defensemen to pinch. This resulted in a ridiculous amount of turnovers and odd man rushes. Often there would be three Flyer forwards at the goal line, a pinching defensemen caught along the wall, and a 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 going back the other way.

For the first few weeks Bryz bailed the team out and put up good numbers, but after that whether due to lack of rest, lack of confidence, or just lack of skill, he was mediocre. When the injuries really started to bite the coach was forced to abandon that system and the Flyers started playing solid hockey. The team defense actually got better after Grossman, Coburn and Mezaros all suffered season ending injuries.

Isnt that around when Mason joined the team?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Damnit I wasn't expecting to post the OT until tomorrow night... Hopefully schedules are all out by midnight tomorrow if the Boston/ott game doesn't have any implications

Socreges

Banned
First batch of players for Canada at the World Championships:

Stamkos
Giroux
Hall
Eberle
Read
Simmonds
E Staal
J Staal
O'Reilly
Duchene

L Schenn
Campbell

Dubnyk
Defense and goaltending is almost always what holds Canada back in competitions like these. Those forwards tho, jesus

It was a little before that, but obviously Mason looked better in net than Bryzgalov did in April. When Laviolette was forced to play a less reckless system by injuries, the team played better.
Yeah if Lavi is back hopefully he will play things closer to the vest. The Flyers really dont look bad lately. A year of Mason and some D help should improve things big time next year.

Happy fan appreciation night, Buffalo!

Buffalo's season-ticket holders received a letter today -- on Fan Appreciation Night -- informing them of an across-the-board increase of 4 percent. The per-seat increase is $4 to $1 per game, which equates to package increases of $173 to $47 over this season's prices.

iUepGm0.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers seats went up an average of 4%, too. We got that memo like a month ago.

Mine went up by $3, pretty close to the average.

(Knicks tickets went up 6.4%, and those are already crazy high, waaaaaay higher than Rangers tickets. I don't know how people do it.)

Clydefrog

Hahaha this is awesome. I love it when players show their passion for wins/the sport.

Anyone else have anymore moments like these? I love seeing the Stanley Cup playoff ones where they're interviewing the champs and they can't hold back their tears. Like the Teemu one :')

tumblr_mk75ebVQPk1rqhbsko2_400.gif

calder

First batch of players for Canada at the World Championships:

Stamkos
Giroux
Hall
Eberle
Read
Simmonds
E Staal
J Staal
O'Reilly
Duchene

L Schenn
Campbell

Dubnyk

Too bad Kane is injured and won't be playing, I bet he would have liked having an NHL caliber center for the first time this year (although Evander didn't exactly light up the WHC last year like I thought he might).

Really hope Ladd goes, he was a borderline Olympic team player this year and I'd love him to up his profile for Sochi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom