• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
So... What did I miss last night that's not reflected in the scores?

Jets definitely eliminated boo.

CBJ won, but... Detroit won too, eeeeh.

Florida being Florida.

Boston on track to win the Northeast?

Canucks lost -shrugs-

get ur dick wet or what smiles?

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Flyers have been choking longer than all of you!

whoa, whoa, whoa. I thought we established that the Flyers are, in fact, NOT choke artists or losers. Merely victims of the flawed scoring and standings systems, right?

I keed, I keed. Please dont go off again, my blood pressure can't take the sodium!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So if Columbus wins against Nashville...

Wild need 2 points out of Edmonton&Colorado (definitely doable)

Detroit needs 1 point out of Dallas (going to be interesting...)

tumblr_mlugn1v7q21rsnoqso1_250.gif

I just thought you hated yankeehater and left

No as much as BWG and I might disagree with stuff he isnt a little bitch at all. Plus whats to hate, I was 100% right about the Flyers missing the playoffs this year even though everyone said I was wrong before the season started.

Choked against the Ducks.

Did you see the team they had that year ? Plus the refs let them get away with all sorts of shit in that series (hello Pronger). I wouldn't really call that a choke. Other stuff perhaps yeah. Leafs had like 2x the payroll we had in those years lol, amen for the salary cap.

Plus we had Jacques Martin, not a coach for the playoffs as any Habs fan can now tell you.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dorsett is getting a CT scan today. If the results are good, he may be cleared to play very very soon. I have a feeling we may be seeing him make his Rangers debut in Game 1.

remember when dallas and colorado were top of the line teams? How the might has fallen. The loss of Sakic, Forsberg, Modano, nieuwendyk, belfour etc will do that to you.

TUSR

Banned
None. He didn't practice today. Torts said today that he expects him to be an impact player in the playoffs. That's about it.

That isn't much of anything.

remember when dallas and colorado were top of the line teams? How the might has fallen. The loss of Sakic, Forsberg, Modano, nieuwendyk, belfour etc will do that to you.

Remember when the oilers were too!!! Players get old, some teams don't rebuild properly.

TUSR

Banned
Holy shit, only 1k away. Smelly will cover about 500, so we should be good. Maybe we can manage two OTs for april? :lol

I was #4 on the wall of shame for a while, but I don't really post during games. Which is weird coming from a Canucks fan because we're always on our phones.

Curufinwe

The Flyers are where they are because they have lost 22 games in regulation. Sens have lost 16, Isles have lost 17, Rags have lost 18. Shootouts and other arguments aside, you can't lose 22 regulation games in a 48 game season (with the NHL scoring system) and complain that you're not making the playoffs. Want to play in May? Stop getting beat.

The Flyers have been a level below NYI, NYR and Ottawa all season, even when the Senators had more injuries.

When Philly was mostly healthy the coach ran a press forecheck and encouraged the defensemen to pinch. This resulted in a ridiculous amount of turnovers and odd man rushes. Often there would be three Flyer forwards at the goal line, a pinching defensemen caught along the wall, and a 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 going back the other way.

For the first few weeks Bryz bailed the team out and put up good numbers, but after that whether due to lack of rest, lack of confidence, or just lack of skill, he was mediocre. When the injuries really started to bite the coach was forced to abandon that system and the Flyers started playing solid hockey. The team defense actually got better after Grossman, Coburn and Mezaros all suffered season ending injuries.

First batch of players for Canada at the World Championships:

Stamkos
Giroux
Hall
Eberle
Read
Simmonds
E Staal
J Staal
O'Reilly
Duchene

L Schenn
Campbell

Dubnyk

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
  • Habs/Leafs game tomorrow
  • Potential salt if Detroit doesn't make playoffs
  • Bruins/Sens one day after the season ends

We at least got this which should easily cover 1000 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom