• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

kassatsu

Banned
Jay Onrait:
TRADECENRE 2013: IT STARTED SLOWLY, BUT IF YOU STUCK WITH IT, IT WAS PRETTY REWARDING, KIND OF LKE 'TREME'

I like this guy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Curios to see if Bergevin has a press conference. I'm glad he didn't make a move, but a lot of people felt he needed to, to counter Pittsburgh and Boston.

Stasis

The downside with Dorsett is that he's apparently out for the season. :/

I'm pretty ambivalent on this trade right now. It's a huge shake up and it will really depend on how these guys pan out. Gaborik in top form is a special class of player, so he's tough to replace. He just hasn't been in anything remotely resembling top form this season.

That's a HUGE chunk of salary gone, though, which is great news. Hags, McD, and Step need their fat contracts this summer.

You know, I think there's more to this than just salary for next year. Gabby accepted a trade to Columbus, which doesn't seem like something he'd normally do. I think he perhaps wasn't that happy in NYC anymore, either the system, Torts, or maybe he just wanted a change of scene. Nothing necessarily dramatic, but if that's even slightly the case than it definitely weighed into whether he was getting moved and for what. UFA at the end of next year. Maybe they knew he wouldn't re-sign.

I dunno.

Tabris

If Lu isn't traded today then LOL Gillis is a fucking idiot, Canuck's wont get shit for him in the summer. Good idea to wait it out so long.

They weren't getting shit at the deadline, so why trade him for nothing when they can still use him for the next couple of months?

Red_Man

They weren't getting shit at the deadline, so why trade him for nothing when they can still use him for the next couple of months?
Because his value is only getting worst and now he's going to want to kill himself because he's going to be a bench warmer? You think he's enjoying playing second fiddle this whole time? Gillis is an idiot. Like they said on TSN if Miller goes to market which he probably will, Lu's value will be 0. Have fun buying him out.

So the Flyers are out Leighton, Harry Z, and a 3rd for Mason and Rosehill.

Not happy about the third. Probably'll be a high one.

Should probably just be happy we walked away with our 1st and 2nd...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 38s
Habs made an offer to Phoenix for Raffi Torres, but he went to San Jose

Tabris

Because his value is only getting worst and now he's going to want to kill himself because he's going to be a bench warmer? You think he's enjoying playing second fiddle this whole time? Gillis is an idiot.

Getting worse? His value is 0 right now on the market except for a super low pick or taking back some contract.

The only negative to Luongo not being traded for a bag of pucks is potentially Schneider's mind set, but they are professionals.

I rather go into the playoffs with 2 #1's incase anything goes wrong. Then we can buy out the contract or trade for a low pick next season.

Red_Man

Getting worse? His value is 0 right now on the market except for a super low pick or taking back some contract.

The only negative to Luongo not being traded for a bag of pucks is potentially Schneider's mind set, but they are professionals.
If his value is 0 now, then why did Gillis wait this long to trade him?

Revenant

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 11s
Roberto Luongo has not been traded. He remains a Canuck. #tradecentre

Well, shit.

36rLtsT.gif

Red_Man

Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced Wednesday the signing of forward Danny Kristo to a two-year contract (2012-13 and 2013-14). He will report to the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs
Woooooooooo! Trade Deadline was a success! Hopefully they bring him up to Montreal for a few games.

Tabris

If his value is 0 now, then why did Gillis wait this long to trade him?

Because he thinks Robert Luongo's value should be higher. Why trade him when you're not currently in a salary cap issue and can't improve your team in any way with the trade? Infact, it hurts your team as you now have a shitty backup to Schneider.

The cap issue only starts next year. This season there was no one we could have signed in that 5.3m cap room Luongo frees up.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Holland keeps Filppula. Ugh.

I'm still waiting for the team to win with guys that Scotty Bowman didn't have influence in acquiring/drafting.

Demand != value

Value = high
Demand = low

Makes sense; if nobody wants to pay now, use Luongo as a good asset into the playoffs and see how desperate teams are in the summer.

Revenant

Demand != value

Value = high
Demand = low

Makes sense; if nobody wants to pay now, use Luongo as a good asset into the playoffs and see how desperate teams are in the summer.

probably not as desperate as teams who see themselves as playoffs/stanley cup contenders with less than a month left in the season!

Red_Man

Demand != value

Value = high
Demand = low

Chances are his value is only going to get worse, then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom