• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenant

What does Chicago really need though?

Kyle Calder

in all honesty the current team is fine, but I guess I find how the Blackhawks approach GM duties very offputting, Bowman never really feels like the GM. Does concern me that several good teams arguably got better though.

Handzus motherfucker.

What more do you want?

michal-handzus-slovensko-rozhovory_ms2012_1.jpg

he is our savior

Tabris

Yeah. We're still primed for a first round exit.

It kind of disappoints me how little faith the fans have, but I also like it. I like being the underdog. It's also totally understandable to have opinions and reactions by the on ice product you see right now, but the other fact is that on ice product is not our total sum.

- We just got a bonafied 2nd line C, and potential 1st line C that will be playing 2nd/3rd line duties. That gives other players breathing room.
- We have been missing our second line the entire season and they will be coming back.
- Jason Garrison has only been playing for 30 games with the west coast style and AV's style, takes time and he's been getting better.
- Our third line players have improved drastically this year which will look really good when both paired with Roy and have a 2nd line scoring threat at the same time.
- The original Schneider / Luongo distractions, which have been partly addressed. Only question now is how the players deal with it going forward.
- Sedins have been in 2 major slumps this year but have shown several times they also still have it. Part of this may be expectations and not having enough breathing room without a 2nd line scoring threat.

These things should be rectified by end of season going into playoffs. When they are, this is a better team than the one that got knocked out by the Stanley Cup champions. That team was also missing Daniel Sedin.

Revenant

It kind of disappoints me how little faith the fans have, but I also like it. I like being the underdog. It's also totally understandable to have opinions and reactions by the on ice product you see right now, but the other fact is that on ice product is not our total sum.

Tabris is a darkhorse just like the canucks!

I just looked up Ryan O'Byrne on hockey db and was really disappoint to see he was born in '84. "That guy is ancient" I thought to myself.

I was born in '83 :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
And Gaborik might walk after his contract his up.

The guys the Rangers got will be sticking around for longer.
That is possible, yes. Gaborik still has another year to go, though, so it's not like he's a rental or anything. The Jackets got good short term return, Rangers get good long term return. Sounds good for both to me.

Fei

I'd live...while he's amazing and goes into god mode sometimes, he gets injured a lot.

He does, but that's because he's the only guy willing to stand in front of the net. Plus he only ends up missing 5-10 games a year.

I mean the team sucks so everyone is fair game, but he's a player I'd rather build around.

CrankyJay

Banned
He does, but that's because he's the only guy willing to stand in front of the net. Plus he only ends up missing 5-10 games a year.

I mean the team sucks so everyone is fair game, but he's a player I'd rather build around.

He sort of insinuated he wouldn't want to stay if we went into full rebuild.

Spl1nter

It is not with Buffalo it seems based on:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
BUF's only trade today is Jason Pominville to MIN tho we are still waiting for precise return, Larsson, Hackett and ??? picks. #tradecentre

Merguson

Banned
Bob McKenzie said the Sabres only trade is Jason Pominville.

Either he's right or completely in the dark.

EDIT: Still doesn't know precise return on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom