• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Martin Erat asked for a trade when he "saw we would have a little trouble making the playoffs." So he bailed on his teammates, basically.
LOL what a great teammate.

Tabris

And goes to Washington, in the exact same situation.

WSH is better off than NSH. That Weber contract screws them for a while. Not because they are hitting cap but because they are hitting team budget cap.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lol fucking rangers! O hope they miss the playoffs and BJs get in!

Loluongo stuck in Vancouver forever.
O'Byrne is a depth signing, but at least he want paying a crazy high price.
Bishop to Tampa was a brilliant move by Ott AND they get a good young player too...all for what was originally a 2nd red pick

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So that's pretty much a wrap on Gardiner playing this year barring an injury.

I'd expect going into next season he'll be in the top 4 but for this year nope.

The team has definitely gone in the direction of making the playoffs and trying to make some noise. Seems for now they don't want to deal with some of his growing pains.

For Leafs fans - O'Byrne was most successful with us when paired with Liles. May be something to look for if he ever gets serious minutes with you. He's been fucking atrocious this season though. Biiig part of our problem.

Red_Man

If Gaborik can find himself and Bobvrosky keeps playing like he is, Jackets have a legitimate chance at making the playoffs. Fingers crossed.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
For Leafs fans - O'Byrne was most successful with us when paired with Liles. May be something to look for if he ever gets serious minutes with you. He's been fucking atrocious this season though. Biiig part of our problem.
I hope that is the plan and that it pans out.

Franson Phaneuf
Liles O'Byrne
Fraser Gardiner/Gunnarsson?

Lol fucking rangers! O hope they miss the playoffs and BJs get in!

Loluongo stuck in Vancouver forever.
O'Byrne is a depth signing, but at least he want paying a crazy high price.
Bishop to Tampa was a brilliant move by Ott AND they get a good young player too...all for what was originally a 2nd red pick

Murray is pulling some next level prescient shit in his trades.
Turris, Methot and now Conacher.

Red_Man

Wait, why is Gardiner not playing? Is he injured again? He looked pretty good in the Leaf games I saw him play once he came back.

Parch

When you think of rebuild attempts from teams who have given up on this year, Buffalo did extremely well compared to Calgary.

What Buffalo got for Pominville and Regehr is miles better than what Calgary got for Iginla and Bouwmeester. And Calgary is going to get squat to show for Kiprusoff.

Calgary fails big time at the rebuild so far.

Cake Boss

Banned
Buffalo got more in return for Pomminville than Calgary did for JayBo and Iginla combined.

Not to mention they have much better players in Hodgson, Vanek, Foligno, Myers, Ennis and prospects like Grigo , Armia, Girgensons etc

Edit: oh yeah they also got 2 2nds for Regheir.

ZeroGravity

Oh shit, we recalled Brett Connolly. If he can actually live up to his expectations, this might ease the pain of losing Conacher slightly.

Trey

Buffalo got more in return for Pomminville than Calgary did for JayBo and Iginla combined.

Not to mention they have much better players in Hodgson, Vanek, Foligno, Myers, Ennis and prospects like Grigo , Armia, Girgensons etc

Edit: oh yeah they also got 2 2nds for Regheir.

A good portion of the fanbase wants to fire him. Ever since Pegula came to town, Regier has been "winning" all his trades.

Red_Man

Plus giving players a NTC can really screw up trade value. Teams should always try to avoid those NTC.
I'm pretty sure 5 of their 6 D have NTC / NMC clauses :lol :lol that was before Bouwmeester left though

Darren Dredger said:
Multiple options in Luongo trade talks with Leafs. Told Canucks wanted Scrivens and multiple picks in talk between 2pm and 3pm et. #TSN

Canucks called at 2pm...made a trade offer, Tor declined. Van called at 2:30 with 2nd offer, Tor declined...3rd offer at 2:45pm...decline.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
In what has to be one of the shorter stints in the AHL this year, JT Miller has been recalled from the Connecticut Whale. He is apparently out of the lineup tonight, though.

Brassard is en route to New York and may arrive in time to play tonight. Clowe sounds like he will be in the lineup.

If I had to guess at lines tonight, I imagine they must look something like this:

Nash-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Richards-Zuccarello
Clowe-Brassard-Pyatt
Asham-Boyle-Powe

I know this is hindsight, but if the Canucks had stuck with Luongo in Game 3 against LA (or even went back to him in Game 4 down 3-0) they would've lost the series, Schneider would've been signed and traded (or offersheeted), and the Canucks wouldn't be in this situation at all.

It would've meant losing Schneider for picks ($4M offer sheet would've netted a 1st and a 3rd).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Scrivens would be fine... I think the multiple picks were the problem

Gillis is full of it, really. You want players for down the stretch and all you ask for is scrivens and picks?

Red_Man

Scrivens would be fine... I think the multiple picks were the problem

Gillis is full of it, really. You want players for down the stretch and all you ask for is scrivens and picks?
He had 4 teams with serious offers brah, that's why Lu is almost crying stuck in Vancouver.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
LOL Nonis looks so desperate, he fucked up last summer when he was asking for too much from florida, tampa and toronto/

You quoted the wrong post and said nonis instead of gillis right? How cakebossed are you right now?

Oh wait NEVERMIND you're only half cakebossed at most

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I hope that is the plan and that it pans out.

Franson Phaneuf
Liles O'Byrne
Fraser Gardiner/Gunnarsson?

Nope!

Gunnarson Phaneuf
Liles O'Byrne
Fraser Franson

There is zero chance that we'll break up the one D pairing we have that have been consistently solid.

Like I said Gardiner isn't play much if at all for the rest of this year. Also most likely means no more Kostka too.

Wait, why is Gardiner not playing? Is he injured again? He looked pretty good in the Leaf games I saw him play once he came back.

Carlyle favours non-developmental players right now. Gardiner for as much offensive upside that he gives us is negated by in Carlyle's eyes the lack of defense he gives us.

But at the same time when Gardiner did play he was paired up with Kostka our worst defenseman so suffered a bit from that.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
He's one of the best prospects in hockey, I don't know what the fuck McPhee is thinking. His job must be on the line.

You don't know whether Forsberg is going to be another 1st round bust. Most likely he will be great but nothing is guaranteed. I'm pretty upset about the trade though. Our whole scouting staff voted to put Forsberg up for trade. I'd like to see what how other prospects did in the 2nd division of Sweden.

You keep repeating that, but Nashville wanted him and B Schenn and more for Weber.

How do we know that? Maybe the Flyers could have done Couts and some #1 picks, or some combo like that. It sounds like the Flyers wont trade Couts for some insane reason, so maybe the negotiations never advanced at all. Teams always ask for the moon and then settle for less.

Cake Boss

Banned
You quoted the wrong post and said nonis instead of gillis right? How cakebossed are you right now?

I just took a shot.

Dem fleecing by Murray lately.

Foligno for Methot whose essentially our #1 dman right now.
Rundblad for Turris
Elliot for Anderson
2nd for Bishop
Bishop for Conacher

fleecing

iqts5ds2HCUpL.gif

Parch

Luongo said it best... "My contract sucks."

It's a salary dump, but the Canucks kept asking for too much. Now they'll have to scramble to get rid of that contract, maybe even a buyout because Vancouver is in serious cap trouble for next season.
Canucks have really screwed up the Luongo situation and now risk getting very little or nothing for him.

And Bishop for Couturier would have been a fleecing, too.

How do you know that? Flyers havent had a real good goalie in forever, and maybe Bishop could be that guy. His numbers this year are much better then Bryz's. The Flyers do have some young guys, but they also have a ton of old guys. I am really worried that they are going to be perpetually stuck in this not good enough to compete area. It is 2 years since they got rid of Richards and Carter and they seem to be going backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom