• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not listing Calgary because I think they lost on the Iginla trade.
They lost because they waited a year too long. If they committed to dumping their veterans last year, they could've gotten a king's ransom for Iginla and Kiprusoff would've been trade-able as well.

Heretic

After Hours preview

kateadujz.gif

My girlfriend needs to workout...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Starting lineup for the Rangers:

Clowe-Richards-Zuccarello
McDonagh-Stralman
Lundqvist

Here we go. This is maybe the most fascinating game of the season to me. No idea what to expect tonight.

Acid08

Banned
There's too many good goalies out there now...

There's not going to be many places for luongo to land, really.

San Jose, Phoenix (pending mike smith), Philadelphia, New Jersey, Calgary, Edmonton and Detroit. Calgary and San Jose likely decline, phoenix likely can't afford him. Vancouver won't trade to Edmonton (or Calgary)... Philly is fucked with that Bryz contract. So my money is on luongo landing in Detroit or New Jersey. Considering his age, Detroit will be all over it.

This is assuming reimer, markstrom keep up their play and bishop actually works out for Tampa.
Are you saying we'd be interested in Lu? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you don't know anything brah.

Heretic

Looks like a lot of teams in the West got stronger. My Ducks added some good pieces that I think will help.

Let's go Ducks!

Tabris

It would be nice if the NHL had the whole NFL restructuring concept. Because Luongo is a perfect example where both parties want to restructure but can't.

NHLPA is a bit too strong for the good of the game.

Leopold
Regehr
Pominville

for

Johan Larsson
Matt Hackett
2013 MIN 1st round
2013 STL 2nd round
2013 STL 5th (or 4th) round
2014 MIN 2nd round
2014 LAK 2nd round
2015 LAK 2nd round

Darcy may not want to say it, but that screams rebuild. It's going to be a rough couple years.

All those prime picks in one of the deepest drafts ever? You're in a good place to rebuild.

Parch

Because Luongo is a perfect example where both parties want to restructure but can't.
Isn't it simply a case of waiting for a buyout? The Canucks are going to have to do something to make cap next year.

So teams just play the waiting game and sign Luongo after the buyout. Presto! There's the restructure with a much more reasonable contract, and they didn't have to give Vancouver squat.

Canucks can always try to manipulate their roster some other way. Good luck with that, but it is up to them to do something. The situation is only going to get more desperate for them as the cap deadline approaches.

They're not going to get more for Luongo come summer, they're going to get less. Or nothing.

Quick

Banned
It would be nice if the NHL had the whole NFL restructuring concept. Because Luongo is a perfect example where both parties want to restructure but can't.

NHLPA is a bit too strong for the good of the game.

Thought the same thing earlier. Restructure his deal, make it more appealing.

According to Darren Dreger, Vancouver put a ton more effort in the last hour to trade Luongo to Toronto. Nonis just kept declining.

@DarrenDreger said:
Canucks called at 2pm...made a trade offer, Tor declined. Van called at 2:30 with 2nd offer, Tor declined...3rd offer at 2:45pm...decline.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Liking what I'm seeing so far 5-on-5. Pittsburgh's power play looks damn terrifying, though. Lundqvist had to make some really great saves to kill that one off.

No way we're going to keep them from scoring on the PP other than staying out of the box the rest of the game.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't it simply a case of waiting for a buyout? The Canucks are going to have to do something to make cap next year.

So teams just play the waiting game and sign Luongo after the buyout. Presto! There's the restructure with a much more reasonable contract, and they didn't have to give Vancouver squat.

Canucks can always try to manipulate their roster some other way. Good luck with that, but it is up to them to do something. The situation is only going to get more desperate for them as the cap deadline approaches.

They're not going to get more for Luongo come summer, they're going to get less. Or nothing.

Pls buyout Lou Canucks. The idea of a Markstrom/ Loungo tandem makes me wet.
No way in HELL any owner would want to buy out that albatross.

They will force Gills to make a trade even if it is for a bag of pucks before giving that much money to get rid of a player.

This isn't Gomez level of luls, Luo go is on a whole other level into himself

Alucard

Banned
Liking what I'm seeing so far 5-on-5. Pittsburgh's power play looks damn terrifying, though. Lundqvist had to make some really great saves to kill that one off.

No way we're going to keep them from scoring on the PP other than staying out of the box the rest of the game.

Good to hear that the PP looks better.

Stasis

I really don't know much about Brass but that was a beautiful play. He was great all through that PP really.

I'm also so damn happy with the way Stepan has continued to grow, damn he's a good 2-way guy now. Possibly our top C of the future.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bahahaha, Clowe got an assist on that goal too!

Though that might change after they figure out who had the deflection.

I'm also so damn happy with the way Stepan has continued to grow, damn he's a good 2-way guy now. Possibly our top C of the future.
He's our top C NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom