• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yzerman has traded 2 2nds and (potential top-6 forward) Conacher for Lindback and Bishop.

Yea, not sure about the Yzerman Revolution.

If I wasn't knee deep in macro-econ work I'd be getting cakebossed myself in celebration of the great Ottawa fleecing of '13.

It will have to be postponed till tomorrow.

Another trade deadline, another year Luongo remains a Canuck. What a day.

I have to give it to Holland though, at least he didn't do anything stupid like the 1st for Quincey last year, there were plenty of GM's that filled that spot for him this year.

oh great god. Forsberg to Nashville and anti-prospect Barry Trotz. Couldnt be any worse for Forsberg. is there any prospect in Nashville that breaks out?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
There's too many good goalies out there now...

There's not going to be many places for luongo to land, really.

San Jose, Phoenix (pending mike smith), Philadelphia, New Jersey, Calgary, Edmonton and Detroit. Calgary and San Jose likely decline, phoenix likely can't afford him. Vancouver won't trade to Edmonton (or Calgary)... Philly is fucked with that Bryz contract. So my money is on luongo landing in Detroit or New Jersey. Considering his age, Detroit will be all over it.

This is assuming reimer, markstrom keep up their play and bishop actually works out for Tampa.

Curufinwe

How do you know that? Flyers havent had a real good goalie in forever, and maybe Bishop could be that guy. His numbers this year are much better then Bryz's. The Flyers do have some young guys, but they also have a ton of old guys. I am really worried that they are going to be perpetually stuck in this not good enough to compete area. It is 2 years since they got rid of Richards and Carter and they seem to be going backwards.

Their only good old guy is Timmonen. Couturier is only 20 and has shown potential to be a Jordan Staal type player. Maybe he won't get there, but maybe Bishop won't reach his potential, either. And he's already 26.

More than 30 goalies have better stats than Bryz this year. Buy him out in summer 2014, get one of them as a FA, and give Couturier a chance to develop.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
5JwbR24.gif

Their only good old guy is Timmonen. Couturier is only 20 and has shown potential to be a Jordan Staal type player. Maybe he won't get there, but maybe Bishop won't reach his potential, either. And he's already 26.

More than 30 goalies have better stats than Bryz this year. Buy him out next summer, get one of them as a FA, and give Couturier a chance to develop.

I do see what you are saying but I hate wasting another year of G's prime while we wait for the chance to sign a FA goalie, and then have to hope that goalie wont pull a Bryz and fall flat on his face. Hell I would trade anyone if I thought it would make the team better now. I hate the idea of anyone being above the team.

Slurmer

Banned
How do you know that? Flyers havent had a real good goalie in forever, and maybe Bishop could be that guy. His numbers this year are much better then Bryz's. The Flyers do have some young guys, but they also have a ton of old guys. I am really worried that they are going to be perpetually stuck in this not good enough to compete area. It is 2 years since they got rid of Richards and Carter and they seem to be going backwards.
Our gm makes enough dumb trades, we don't need you giving him anymore ideas. Couturier is 20 years old and having a tough second season while still playing with scrubs on his wing for the most part...when lavy decides to give him any serious ice time at all. I am as reactionary and bitter as any flyers fan, and even I recognize that couturier for bishop would've been retarded at this time.

Our gm makes enough dumb trades, we don't need you giving him anymore ideas. Couturier is 20 years old and having a tough second season while still playing with scrubs on his wing for the most part...when lavy decides to give him any serious ice time at all. I am as reactionary and bitter as any flyers fan, and even I recognize that couturier for bishop would've been retarded at this time.

I just dont see how people can be so sure it would have been a bad move. Bishop hasnt ever played more then 13 games in a season. He is an unknown quantity right now but he is playing well this year. What is more valuable a good goalie, or a solid 2 way forward? I would say its the goalie and it isnt even close.

Fei

Leopold
Regehr
Pominville

for

Johan Larsson
Matt Hackett
2013 MIN 1st round
2013 STL 2nd round
2013 STL 5th (or 4th) round
2014 MIN 2nd round
2014 LAK 2nd round
2015 LAK 2nd round

Darcy may not want to say it, but that screams rebuild. It's going to be a rough couple years.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Leopold
Regehr
Pominville

for

Johan Larsson
Matt Hackett
2013 MIN 1st round
2013 STL 2nd round
2014 MIN 2nd round
2014 LAK 2nd round
2015 LAK 2nd round

Darcy may not want to say it, but that screams rebuild. It's going to be a rough couple years.
You can add whatever you get for Miller as well this summer. They can rebuild quickly though if they do it right.

oh great god. Forsberg to Nashville and anti-prospect Barry Trotz. Couldnt be any worse for Forsberg. is there any prospect in Nashville that breaks out?

Only D prospects breakout in Nashville (most) forwards go there to die a horrible death!!!

So my money is on luongo landing in Detroit or New Jersey. Considering his age, Detroit will be all over it.

Dopey, what are you smoking?

Howard will probably re-sign with us, and even then we have a future Hasek in Mrazek already dominating the AHL and was pretty good in his 2 NHL starts.

Fei

You can add whatever you get for Miller as well this summer. They can rebuild quickly though if they do it right.

I'm thinking you're right on Miller.

My main concern is the same guy who built this disastrous team will be selecting these draft picks.

Red_Man

Couturier for Subban when he was holding out and before he broke out as a point scoring machine would have been a good trade.
If by good trade you mean major fleecing then yes. At the time I couldn't believe people were proposing that, and Flyer fans though it was an underpayment from the Habs.

Couturier for Subban when he was holding out and before he broke out as a point scoring machine would have been a good trade.

That we definitely agree on. I dont understand why Homer didnt offer sheet Subban after he showed he was willing to offer sheet Weber. Subban would be a perfect fit.

Curufinwe

If by good trade you mean major fleecing then yes. At the time I couldn't believe people were proposing that, and Flyer fans though it was an underpayment from the Habs.

I didn't think it was underpayment. I was just hoping Philly could take advantage of a major falling out between Subban and the Montreal GM, but it wasn't really that major.

Vman

Interesting speculation from Russo that the Wild are targeting Vanek in two years the same way they did Praise/Suter. Pominville and Vanek great friends apparently.

Fei

Interesting speculation from Russo that the Wild are targeting Vanek in two years the same way they did Praise/Suter. Pominville and Vanek great friends apparently.

If he doesn't re-sign here, Minnesota would probably be his #1 regardless of Pominville. He lives in Minnesota in the offseason.

Leopold
Regehr
Pominville

for

Johan Larsson
Matt Hackett
2013 MIN 1st round
2013 STL 2nd round
2014 MIN 2nd round
2014 LAK 2nd round
2015 LAK 2nd round

He's adamant about not saying it, haha. Definitely need it though. Looking forward to it.

So LucasArts has been shuttered.

Not really surprised or upset about it. Their last game was Kinect Star Wars.

They kind of deserved it.

So LucasArts has been shuttered.

Not really surprised or upset about it. Their last game was Kinect Star Wars.

They kind of deserved it.

I don't think they've developed a decent game since the late-90s.

Let's all take a moment to remember X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Dark Forces, The Dig, Monkey Island 1 & 2, Loom and the Indiana Jones games.

They should have asked for Read plus a pick if they wanted a serious discussion.

Couturier was us aiming high, which is what anyone does.

Read is more what I'd expect except he is a UFA after next year. Conacher is younger and a leftie so he pits our roster better.

Red_Man

Ended up being a decent deadline. Coverage really shouldnt start till noon however. Nothing interesting happens until that last couple hours anyway.

Kristo better be careful when he faces the NCAA pick Leafs just signed, MacWilliam. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ0hw9WqqBM
Kristo played on the same team as MacWilliam, I think he knows what to expect from him.

41-year old #Flyers scout Neil Little will be backing up Bryzgalov tonight vs the #Habs. Back-up did not arrive on time.
KuGsj.gif
:lol I hope we blow them out now

Tabris

OK, so my hope is the Leafs goaltenders bomb and either the team doesn't make the playoffs or gets knocked out quick. Sorry Leafs fans, nothing against you, but that'll increase Luongo's value in the summer.

EDIT - On the Flyers backup. I've always wondered, are those 1 day contracts worth anything? There must be a minimum to them through the NHLPA. Hopefully it's a nice pay out, which is always a good feel story for these "nobody" guys who fill in for the day.

Quick

Banned
I don't think they've developed a decent game since the late-90s.

Let's all take a moment to remember X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Dark Forces, The Dig, Monkey Island 1 & 2, Loom and the Indiana Jones games.

Let's not forget about the games they published: the Battlefront series and the Jedi Knight series notably.

Still waiting on Battlefront 3. :(

Tabris

I think winners of "trade week" are:

1) Buffalo (Just don't rebuild like EDM. Keep appropriate number of veterans and you'll be fine)
2) Ottawa (Fleece of the year)
3) Pittsburgh (Best rental pickups)
4) Nashville (Second fleece of the year)
5) Vancouver (Ignoring Luongo. Roy was had pretty cheap)

I'm not listing Calgary because I think they lost on the Iginla trade.

Red_Man

Let's not forget about the games they published: the Battlefront series and the Jedi Knight series notably.

Still waiting on Battlefront 3. :(
Same, that leaked BF3 footage made me cry. Maybe next gen with the new movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom