• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

3-0 without Coburn.

tumblr_maiep988JM1rfo60zo1_500.gif

Stasis

Derick Brassard named second star of the game, Ryane Clowe the first. (Brad Richards the third star...not sure why him and not Boyle)

I don't know what I expected coming into tonight. But whatever it was it wasn't this. So good.

Exactly. I was excited to see the new guys play, particularly Clowe because I know how badly we've missed Prust. I never expected this. And this does go back to the previous game too. It's just nice to see the new guys fit in quickly, a lot quicker than Nash did (and I'm in no way complaining there, I LOVE the Nash trade no matter what happens this season).

I'm not expecting this to continue to this level obviously, but if they can fit in this quickly and the rest of the team can continue competing, then I like our chances of making the playoffs.

As to the rest... we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

http://thefarmclub.net/2013/04/03/an-open-letter-to-calgary-flames-fans/

By now you –God forsaken Flames fan– have most likely told yourself, “Not me, man. That won’t happen to me. My Flames are not rebuilding, we’re re-tooling.”

Guess what. That’s what the Oilers were doing after 2007.

“No, the Flames have 3 1st round draft picks.”

So did the Oilers in 2007.

Heed my warning or not, but at least listen to this once so you have no one to blame but yourself later: Your team has no identity, no stars, and no prospects of note. They are destined for failure by the heaping spoonful and no matter how many times you put your faith in Sven Baertschi he’s still just a crappy 2nd line AHL forward.

Take that from someone who once believed in Andrew Cogliano. Someone who knows that Robert Nilsson was the most talented Oiler in practice. Someone who could tell you that Patrick O’Sullivan once scored 47 goals in the AHL. Take it from someone who knew for a fact that Rob Schremp was going to run the Oilers Power Play.

This isn’t High School. I’m not writing you this letter to tell you it will get better. It isn’t. It’s going to get so much worse.

LOL

Alucard

Banned
Love ya too buddy!
Don't worry. Crosby and Martin will come back just in time for the playoffs and they'll steamroll everyone like we all expected them to about a week ago. It'll be glorious.

Let's all hope so. 2 in a row hurts. 3 would start to sting.

So I just heard from my mums friend who has the brother who is a Canucks trainer (What a series of relations...) that the reason Kassian got demoted to the Wolves is because he had a few wild nights at the Roxy, and it's a disciplinary action.

Hiiiilarious.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Holy shit...

Subban candidate for Norris?

Dude only played 29 games and is tied for the lead for D in points.

So why the hell did nobody put up that awful sheet for him?
No one expected him to become a Norris nominee this fast I don't think. Therrien has really refined his play.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No one expected him to become a Norris nominee this fast I don't think. Therrien has really refined his play.
Philly had an offer sheet last year so I don't know why they wouldn't mess the Habs up with this either. You guys dodged a bullet.

See you jerks in rd 1. >={

So did everyone stop complaining how slow the trade deadline was? I am bummed I missed out on all the fun, the last thing I saw live was Mason going to the Flyers

rellix

So did everyone stop complaining how slow the trade deadline was? I am bummed I missed out on all the fun, the last thing I saw live was Mason going to the Flyers

I don't get it.

Trades are always slow early and pick up big time over the last 2 hours. It's always like this. People should just not watch until then if they're just going to complain.

Jim Cerny @JimCerny
RT @JRNYR: @ryaneclowe29 post-game "I've always wanted to wear that hat ever since I saw it on 24/7". #NYR

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom