• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers with multi-point nights tonight:

Derick Brassard - 1 G, 3 A
Brian Boyle - 1 G, 3 A
Ryan Clowe - 2 G, 1 A
Brad Richards - 2 A

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Every single Ranger fan is thinking that right now. It's interesting. But everyone's playing well, so we'll see. Might just be a re-energisation.

It's not just tonight, though. We've now scored 10 goals in the last 2 games.

Hahahaha, 4th line on the PP and NEARLY scores.

MacAttack

BTW I don't think Jagr will be as great with Boston. He has benefited from playing with Giroux then Benn. Boston is a lot more deep but they don't have that same level of forward.

WTF?

Seguin, Bergeron, Kreji played with him in the worlds I believe.

Do you watch other teams other than Canucks?especially teams you talk shit about?

I wouldnt be surprised if Jagr out produces Iginla for the rest of the season and playoffs, Jagr has played in many different teams and always produced, Iginla has been with 1 team his whole career and looks like there will be an adgusting period.

Tabris said Tim Thomas was a system goalie and that Luongo was a better player the season Tim Thomas set the single season save % record and carried the Bruins to a Stanley Cup victory over the Canucks.

Id be more concerned if Tabris thought Jagr was going to do well with the Bruins.

rellix

Sorry, I wrote a novel.

o6yVe7U.jpg

Now that i've vented my anger over losing Forsberg through multiple outlets, i may be able to conceptualize the why and how.

Firstly those who think GMGM is on the hot seat, probably not. Leonsis likes his GMs including Ernie Grunfeld who's basically a functioning retard for the Wizards, so I don't see McPhee going anywhere.

Panic move? Probably. The Caps have very little top 6 scoring winger talent. It's basically Ovechkin and.. yeah. Ovechkin. They miss Semin.

Those who like the trade have tried to justify it by suggesting Erat is what Forsberg projects to be. I don't know a lot about Erat but I just don't see it that way. Forsberg projects better, and could be a better player at the NHL level in just a few years. Likely? Well, who knows. Anyone can bust.

In an interview directly after the trade, McPhee revealed a few details.

1) The trade was submitted at 2:30pm, so the hold up was completely on the league's side (they weren't able to put the trade call in til after 3:30 or possibly 4).

2) If It was a panic move, it was one they had been considering for a good bit. The trade was offered by Nashville yesterday and the Caps slept on it.

3) I myself have denied this today, but I'm reconsidering - there must be something scaring people away from Forsberg. He fell down to 11 in the draft after being projected what, top 3? There was a huge run on defensemen, yes, but that high up many draft value/talent over need.

4) Related to 3 - McPhee was actively shopping Forsberg. Whether that was because he knew he could get a good return (IMO Erat, Latta, 2/3/4th rd pick would have been acceptable) or they were no longer interested in him, who knows. He liked the combination of Latta and Erat, and that's why Nashville was chosen. I honestly don't think he even contacted other teams.

5) McPhee said he had all his scouts take a handwritten vote on the trade. He said it was unanimously in favor.

I think McPhee is putting more stock in Latta than anyone else is. The Caps chose Tom Wilson in the draft just 5 picks after Forsberg with the hopes that he'd evolve into a Lucic gritty talented forward role. I think they're trying to double up the odds with Latta.

And so here we are.

Initial thought? Terrible trade. After some time? I understand it better, but I'm still sour. Erat must to perform, and he quite possibly will in a more offensive system.

FWIW, this goes back to the Varlamov trade.

COL: Varlamov
WSH: 1st, 2nd

turns into:

COL: Varlamov
DAL: Eakin, 2nd (Winther)
NSH: 1st (Forsberg)
WSH: Ribeiro, Latta, Erat

From that standpoint, the Caps turn Varlamov (who wanted out) and Eakin into 3 players including two top 6 forwards. If they can sign Ribeiro to 3 or 4 years, worth it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh. They should have at least looked at that 3rd goal. Pretty damn close to being kicked in from the overhead view.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fucking sucks, 3 deflected goals, but the Habs didn't deserve it with 5 shots in the final 2 periods. GG Flyers.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
LOL wow, great pass DD, no pressure at all and he sends a knuckler toward Subban. I'm glad Philly isn't going to make the playoffs, Montreal can't play against them at all.

Red_Man

Poor Price, hasn't won in Philly since 2008, figured he would finish that off tonight.

Red_Man

Oh well, the Jets tomorrow. Probably one of our weakest efforts of the season and we still almost won.
I don't understand how you only get 17 shots on net with Bryz in net.....especially after that DD goal, they should have pelted him in the third.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Derick Brassard named second star of the game, Ryane Clowe the first. (Brad Richards the third star...not sure why him and not Boyle)

I don't know what I expected coming into tonight. But whatever it was it wasn't this. So good.

Curufinwe

I don't understand how you only get 17 shots on net with Bryz in net.....especially after that DD goal, they should have pelted him in the third.

When you go against defensive all-stars like Gustafson, Lauridsen, Huskins and Gervais you can't expect to get off many shots.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit...

Subban candidate for Norris?

Dude only played 29 games and is tied for the lead for D in points.

So why the hell did nobody put up that awful sheet for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom